Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2013, 05:22 PM   #1
TrueEeyore
won't you please .. won't you please .. please won't you be .. my tag friend

"Where's My Water?" Dasani Girl's April Adventure! **UPDATED June 14th!!

Helloooooooooooo humans!!

This trip report is about our 10 day extravaganza! It's our first time going to Disney World in April. Will the heat and crowds have us saying that we'll only go back in the less crowded, cooler weather January?? Stay tuned to find out!

The Cast:

Heather, me. AKA Dasani Girl
Darren, DH.
Brayden, DS. Age 4.
Brynn, DD. Age 2.
Mr. Darren, DFIL.
Mrs. Michele, DMIL.

Trip Details

3 nights at Wyndham Bonnet Creek (our first time staying here)
7 nights in a suite at Art of Animation (theme unknown at the time)

Side Note: I brought along 2 cameras (Nikon D60 and Canon point and shoot) and Darren and I both used our iPhone cameras, especially when it was raining so we didn't drench the other cameras (RAIN you ask?? Oh yes, just wait) so the pictures will vary in size and quality. Just a little warning.

I also want to thank anyone who may read this and comment. A LOT of work goes into writing a trip report, from making sure to take notes while you're on your trip to uploading and organizing your pictures when you return home (I took over 1,000! ) So I sincerely appreciate each and every one of you! Ok, mushy moment over, on to the report!

Tuesday, April 16th

My mother in law and I decided to go get pedicures before the trip and we took Brynn along for the first time. She loved it! Naturally, I took pictures to document the event!

Then it was time to go home and finish packing last minute things. We'd be leaving the next night!!

Wednesday, April 18th

I woke up with that "I'm leaving for Disney today!" feeling. It didn't seem real. The day dragged on and on and on...

Finally Darren got off of work around 5 or 6. His plan was to come home and rest before having to make that drive (10-11 hours depending on stops) which he was supposed to make himself but I ended up helping a lot!

I took the kids to my mom's next door so he would rest and we could spend time with her and my dad before leaving. Darren called me around 9pm and said he couldn't sleep and he was ready to leave. The plan was to leave around 11pm, but we were all pretty anxious to get on the road.

So I gave the kids a quick bath and then we had a little photoshoot in the living room while waiting for his parents to arrive.

I think we're long lost relatives of Goofy. You can see many silly pictures during this report, including this one:

Finally Darren's parents arrived at we were on our way! (We ended up leaving at 10:40pm so we weren't too far off that 11pm mark anyway!)

Brynn already looks half asleep!

I'm going to stop here and leave you with a little teaser

NEW! "Where's My Water?" April 2013 Trip Report - In progress|Dasani in Disney. Let's do it again! September '11 Trip Report!- Complete!|Dasani Girl is back in the World with a baby!!...and pregnant again! January 2010 Trip Report - Complete!|Taking on the World...Pregnant! January 09 TR - Complete!|Panama City Beach Report! << Now it's a baby report!|Attack of the Dasani and Lots of pictures! January 08Trip Report! -Complete!
I miss you Jasper R.I.P 07/21/01 - 06/13/07

Last edited by TrueEeyore; 06-14-2013 at 05:41 PM.
TrueEeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:26 PM   #2
WelovMickey!
DIS Veteran

Wait?! I'm I here first? I can't believe it...you're famous! Well at least to me because I read your TRs when I first came to the Dis years ago. I'm glad to see you again and look forward to more!
WelovMickey! is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-03-2013, 06:48 PM   #3
tazdev3225
I sucked my thumb up with the vacuum
I fell up a mountain skiing and sprained both my ankles

Your kids are so cute. Looking forward to more. Hopefully I'll remember to keep up with your TR. I usually lurk because I am so far behind.
tazdev3225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:47 PM   #4
TrueEeyore

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelovMickey! View Post
Wait?! I'm I here first? I can't believe it...you're famous! Well at least to me because I read your TRs when I first came to the Dis years ago. I'm glad to see you again and look forward to more!
Famous?!! I wish I had the money that comes with it! But thank you so much! I'm glad to know you're reading along!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdev3225 View Post
Your kids are so cute. Looking forward to more. Hopefully I'll remember to keep up with your TR. I usually lurk because I am so far behind.
Thank you!! I'm glad you posted, I hope you continue to do so, it means a lot! No matter how far behind you are
NEW! "Where's My Water?" April 2013 Trip Report - In progress|Dasani in Disney. Let's do it again! September '11 Trip Report!- Complete!|Dasani Girl is back in the World with a baby!!...and pregnant again! January 2010 Trip Report - Complete!|Taking on the World...Pregnant! January 09 TR - Complete!|Panama City Beach Report! << Now it's a baby report!|Attack of the Dasani and Lots of pictures! January 08Trip Report! -Complete!
Old 05-03-2013, 08:01 PM   #5
hulagirl87
DIS Veteran

This is so weird! I was just thinking the other day about your trip reports. Probably because I was stocking up on some Dasani and have read all your other trip reports I'm excited to read all about your trip!!!

me DH DD and DS
hulagirl87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:29 PM   #6
KristinAnne
DIS Veteran

Cute pictures of the kids. I'm so jealous Disney is within reasonable driving distance for you. It would take us forever to drive and plane tickets are so expensive. Looking forward to reading about your trip!

KristinAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:11 PM   #7
Leleluvsdis
DIS Veteran

YAAAYY!!! Love the start! Brynn could not be any more precious with her pedicure!! Can't want to read more!!!
Leleluvsdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:05 AM   #8
Christine9125
DIS Veteran

Yay, you have started, can't wait to read all about your trip.

1999-ASMo, 2002-ASMo, 2004-WL, 2008-POP, 2011-BC CL, 2013-POP, 2015-AOA
Christine9125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:11 AM   #9
Trish.Glenn
Mouseketeer

Cute cute cute kids!!!!
2001 - Disney Cruise (Eastern)
2003 - Disney Cruise (Western)
2006 - Off property
2008 - Off property
2009 - Off property
2011 - Coronado
2012 - Pop
Trish.Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:30 AM   #10
IATink
Mouseketeer

Can't wait to read more about your trip! I need to go back and read some of your other reports too
Old 05-04-2013, 04:55 PM   #11
hotveggy
Disney Lover

My kids are the same age as yours! We stayed at AoA in January and LOVED it! Hope you did too!

1984- off site,1991- off site,1998- off site,1999- visiting friend on CP,2001- off site with college roomie
2002- ASMo (first trip with DH),2003- ASMo,5/2005- POR/Disney Wonder (Honeymoon),12/2005- POP
2007- SSR,2008- ASMo (Grand Gathering)
hotveggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:28 PM   #12
TrueEeyore

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulagirl87 View Post
This is so weird! I was just thinking the other day about your trip reports. Probably because I was stocking up on some Dasani and have read all your other trip reports I'm excited to read all about your trip!!!
Aww you were thinking of me!! Good things I hope Thanks for reading!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinAnne View Post
Cute pictures of the kids. I'm so jealous Disney is within reasonable driving distance for you. It would take us forever to drive and plane tickets are so expensive. Looking forward to reading about your trip!
Thanks for reading! 11 hours is a bit far for my taste, but I'm too scared to fly! I wish it was only 5 or 6 hours, but you gotta do what you gotta do! We can never do shorter trips because you can't justify driving for a whole day (or night) for a couple day trip. We did it once before and it was awful! (The drives so close together, not the actual trip).
Do you know how far the drive would be for you if you were to make it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leleluvsdis View Post
YAAAYY!!! Love the start! Brynn could not be any more precious with her pedicure!! Can't want to read more!!!
Thanks so much!! So glad you're reading along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine9125 View Post
Yay, you have started, can't wait to read all about your trip.
Thank you!! I'm happy to have you here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish.Glenn View Post
Cute cute cute kids!!!!
Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IATink View Post
Can't wait to read more about your trip! I need to go back and read some of your other reports too
Thanks so much!! Hope you enjoy my other reports if you decide to check them out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotveggy View Post
My kids are the same age as yours! We stayed at AoA in January and LOVED it! Hope you did too!
Awww how sweet! Which section did you stay in? We loved it too!
Old 05-04-2013, 11:34 PM   #13
ariellover84
Earning My Ears

Great start to your report! I'm looking forward to reading all about your adventures. We are staying at AoA also but in a LM room. We leave in 2 weeks!
Old 05-05-2013, 11:04 AM   #14
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Great start! Your kids are adorable-- love the shots of your DD getting her toes done!
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:45 AM   #15
TrueEeyore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariellover84 View Post
Great start to your report! I'm looking forward to reading all about your adventures. We are staying at AoA also but in a LM room. We leave in 2 weeks!
Thank you!! OOoooo I'm so jealous! I miss it so much! You're going to have a great time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Great start! Your kids are adorable-- love the shots of your DD getting her toes done!
Thanks!! She's such a little priss, but she's the first one in the mud outside!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: