Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Camping at Disney World
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2010, 09:06 AM   #46
*Michele*
Mouseketeer

Day 8 Aug. 21 ~ We are loaded up and ready to go. (Thankfully, we don’t have to move the camper to another site.) Our friends arrive around 9am and after visiting with them for about an hour, we are on our way back to Savannah.

We had such an excellent trip! I just wish we could have stayed a few more days (I suspect most people wish this, lol) but we are on the Coast Guard’s schedule so I’m thankful we got a week! Next trip we’re definitely going to try for 10 days though.

I love that we discovered new (to us) attractions, experiences and places in the World and that we have the anticipation of discovering even more new sites and facets of Disney on our next trip.

Thanks for sharing my Trip Report with me!

Old 09-06-2010, 09:21 AM   #47
*Michele*
Mouseketeer

As a little footnote, we loved the Fort so much that we can't image staying anywhere else for quite some time. Well, we can't borrow our neighbor's golf cart every trip can we?

Yay for craigslist!

The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-06-2010, 09:41 AM   #48
2goofycampers
Sounds like something a camping trip could cure
Enjoy the beer and wine you will love it

Great TR, great buggy aka golf cart.

2goofycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:54 AM   #49
OK GRUMPY
And that is some useless chit chat!
I wonder if they serve Green Beer

Some people just don't understand why I like t go to Disney and stay at the Fort! I think it's because there is so many different things to do! Glad you had a good trip and I really enjoyed your TR!
Thanks for Sharing!

OK GRUMPY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 11:01 AM   #50
4mickey2
disney+bichons=happiness

GREAT TR! Makes me wish i was there.. ok, i always wish i was there. lol you guys had so many wonderful and memorable experiences on this trip.

can't wait for your next tr.

4mickey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 11:18 AM   #51
DebbieT11
Waiting to go back......
Wait. Isn't that the *marines*????

Thanks for such a great trip report.... makes me feel like my next trip is a little closer!!
Old 09-06-2010, 11:45 AM   #52
SunnyP4Disney
Mouseketeer

Michele, girl I LOVE your TR! I felt like I was there with you, and you know I wish I was. We definitely have to coordinate our CG schedules to meet up again. I got all caught up in the excitement of your TR, I'm now desperate to go back to Disney! We have Cape Canaveral as our number ones for next year's PCS, so if we get it, you know the "P" family has a place to crash if you need a break from all the fabulousness of the fort.

And I love how Dale looks totally blissful in all the pictures. Nothing like WDW to bring out the child in us all...
Self appointed resort guru! Since I was a wee thing I've stayed at Contemporary Resort (including Presidential suite), Polynesian, Wilderness Lodge (opening weekend), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Yacht Club, Beach Club, Coronado, POR (honeymoon), POFQ, Carribbean Beach, Pop, AOA Cars Suites (Cast Preview), ASR, Fort Wilderness Cabins, Disney Inn (now Shades of Green), Grand Floridian, Treehouse Villas, Fairway Villas (RIP) and Boardwalk, Disneyland Hotel, Davy Crockett Ranch (Paris), Hotel Santa Fe (Paris), & Sequoia Lodge (Paris)! Now, I make the magic for others!
SunnyP4Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 01:51 PM   #53
Lil' Lisa
DIS Veteran

Great report! Thanks for sharing your trip with us! I really enjoyed following along.
Lil' Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 03:43 PM   #54
storyteller
Driving not flying, It's hard to read the street signs from that far up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Michele* View Post
It's really one of those 'Once in a lifetime/ I can't believe this is happening moments' that you want to share with everyone! Hoping you get lots of pixie dust!

Day 5 Aug. 18 ~ Today is a water park day so not many photos. We decide to go to Blizzard Beach as we’d never been there before.

DS comes to conclusion that ‘he’s not quite ready’ to ride Summit Plummet, which is fine as Mom is not quite ready to ride it either. We spend a fun few hours there and head back to the camper at noon.

After lunch DS and DH go off to do a little fishing in the canal by our loop. I watch for a little bit (I left my pole at home.) but it’s really hot and I am distracted by the ducks that seem to think I am going to feed them as they waddle up to me. I go back to our cool camper and the boys return in a little while having only caught one fish. DS is pretty happy with that result though and he says he is ready to go to the Fort’s pool. Great pool and slide but the water is hot. We play for about 15 minutes and decide to go to Typhoon Lagoon.

Love TL, it’s our favorite water park. We ride everything and can play in the surf pool for ages.

Back at the Fort we decide to check out the other loops. I love the 800 loop. Shaded and there was only one camper in there so we really got to check out the sites. I think we’re going to try and get a site there next trip. We also see this:
My son loves this RV! (I’m hoping it’s okay that we took its photo Miss Disneylitch.) We go to bed early as we are going to attempt the MK rope-drop once again in the morning.
I love this pic. that is so cool.
Old 09-06-2010, 04:01 PM   #55
storyteller
Driving not flying, It's hard to read the street signs from that far up!

We hop in our truck to head back to our camper and our battery is dead! (Two of us in the truck knew it was going and had mentioned it would need to be replaced soon. The other person in the truck may have ignored the other two because it wasn't "dead dead", whatever that means. Men…) Thankfully, the Security Patrol was right there and we literally were on our way in under 10 minutes. We drive to the AAA center, but they don’t have our battery in stock. Off to Walmart we go! This actually turns out to be a good thing as we’re able to pick up a few affordable souvenirs there.

Too bad you did not take a pic of the dead dead battery, it might have only just been dead... Nothing like a trip to walmart.
Old 09-06-2010, 06:02 PM   #56
LONE-STAR
1000 miles to far from Disney
We just get drift wood and use it

Great report
LONE-STAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 09:22 AM   #57
flamingogal
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the great trip report. We'll be at the Fort for Halloween and I'm counting the days now. You guys look like you had a great time and your son is adorable!

Jeanne
flamingogal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 09:48 AM   #58
kampfirekim
DIS Veteran

GREAT TR Michelle!!! I really enjoyed following along!
kampfirekim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 04:15 PM   #59
*Michele*
Mouseketeer

I had a great time writing our trip out! I'm thinking of buying one of the Winkflash books and then printing my TR out to keep with it. I think it would make a great keepsake. Again, thanks so much for the lovely comments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyP4Disney View Post
Michele, girl I LOVE your TR! I felt like I was there with you, and you know I wish I was. We definitely have to coordinate our CG schedules to meet up again. I got all caught up in the excitement of your TR, I'm now desperate to go back to Disney! We have Cape Canaveral as our number ones for next year's PCS, so if we get it, you know the "P" family has a place to crash if you need a break from all the fabulousness of the fort.

And I love how Dale looks totally blissful in all the pictures. Nothing like WDW to bring out the child in us all...
Dale always has the most fun out of all of us at Disney, lol! I can't wait to meet up at Disney with you! Someday the Coast Guard will get you back to Florida!
Old 05-03-2013, 02:48 PM   #60
OneTreeHillAddict
CNC Photography of Myrtle Beach, SC

Oh wow...what a great thing to experience at the Magic Kingdom! Lucky girl, lucky family! That's awesome.

I wish we had a camper just for camping at WDW. I love Ft/Wilderness. We stayed there one Christmas in the cabins and loved it, but to do it in a camper with your own golf cart would be a lot more fun! That yellow and white camper with the Mickey designs all over is awesome. I like that.
OneTreeHillAddict is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: