Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2013, 03:58 AM   #1
Summer-Caitlin
DIS Veteran

Question Best hotel to explore Paris?

I have booked 4 nights at The Sequoia Lodge on 4th September. However as we have never been to Paris before I thought it would be nice to stay a few nights in Paris itself to see the sights etc. I have been looking at prices for hotels on line the past few days and most are a bit out of my price range. I did find a good deal on the Mercure Paris Plaza Pont Mirabeau though for 3 nights which would be ideally located for exploring the city and I have also seen a good deal on the Dream Castle Hotel which looks lovely but I am a bit concerned that it would be a trek to get to the centre of Paris each morning. It is my husband and my 2 year old son so ideally we don't want to spend all our time travelling. If we book the Dream Castle Hotel I have a feeling we might miss out on the feel of Paris as it seems a bit away from it all but it is tempting as it looks so nice!

I have found loads of hotels in Paris that I like but most of them seem to make me pay a lot extra for a two year old. I admit I don't like budget hotels but was hoping for something £120 per night or lower, slightly higher if it includes breakfast.

What does everyone think?

Next trip Nov 2nd-Nov 21 2014 OKW
Summer-Caitlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 04:32 AM   #2
Sam1
Mouseketeer

The Dream Castle Hotel, is that the one near Disney? If it is, you're looking at about a forty minute train ride into Paris. We've done that before and it's not really doable, purely because Paris is lovely at night and having to leave early to be back at a reasonable time means you'll miss that.

I can't help with recommending hotels, but if you're looking for cheaper hotels that aren't budget, the Mercure are fine. You can go onto their website and see a map of where their hotels are placed, then read trip adviser to see what the reviews are like for any that might be suitable. I'd phone to book though because it doesn't sound right that you're being charged for your two year old. We've had the same problem when trying to book online, yet phoned up and not been charged any extra.
Sam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-03-2013, 06:05 AM   #3
cherrymarzipan
DIS Veteran

I've stayed at the Cluny Sorbonne in the Latin Quarter and been really happy with it. The hotel is small, old and traditional and in a fantastic location. A real antidote to budget chains. The rooms are old-fashioned and small (the shower rooms are tiny - think ferry cabin shower "rooms") but the prices are really good for such a central and safe area. Free WiFi too.

Double room starts 80 euros, quadruple 135.

Website: http://www.hotel-cluny.fr/hotel-clun....html#chambres
cherrymarzipan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:23 PM   #4
A Small World

I always like to give a little royal wave whilst Im up there
Not even looking at it til I get some housework done

I stayed at Best Western Trocadero a couple of times and was happy with it. It was in a really handy location as you get the best views of the Eiffel Tower from Trocadero. Cant remember how much it was though but they put an extra bed in for DD - first time she was 3
WDW - Christmas 1991 -Off site; WDW - Christmas 1992 -Off site; WDW - Summer 1996 - All Stars; WDW - Summer 2003 -All Stars; DLP - Easter 2006- Santa Fe; DLP- Easter 2007 - Santa Fe + Explorers; DLP - Summer 2007 - Holiday Inn; DLP - Christmas 2007 -DCR; DLP - Easter 2008 - Cheyenne; DLP Summer 2008 Explorers + Sequoia Lodge; Nov 09 DDs surprise birthday trip- Kyriad; Feb2009 Disneyland Hotel; Easter 09 Kyriad; Summer 09 Newport Bay; Oct 10- DL ; Dec 11 - DL: Dec 12 DL
A Small World is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: