Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2013, 10:46 AM   #1231
Misskitty3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
So i just truly realized how far behind I am on the WDW part of this report. I'm going to finish my birthday Disneyland Day and then do our latest one dayer at Disneyland during Spring Break on my cruise report. I need a serious trip report intervention.

I left you all on page 63. Lunch was amazing and we said goodbye to Alison and Fran. They were heading to do a little or a lot of shopping. Sadee and I were going to watch the parade. I only have a few more photos to share of this wonderful and magical day as I'm only reporting on the Disney part.

My only character shot of the trip:

On our way back to the hotel:

I was totally on cloud 9 from lunch; full, and dazed. Another biggie crossed off the bucket list. Between this and Nantucket this past summer, my bucket list is shrinking.

Remember I told you about the desserts I took to-go? Well they made it home and were delicious as ever. I froze them once we got back to my friend's and then wrapped them and sealed them in true food freak fashion. They traveled well.

My beautiful mini eclairs:

The most amazing cookies ever, sprinkled with pixie dust:

And a ton of mints:

It was a birthday for the books. We left the park and headed to my friend's where we spent the next 2 days. We visited the beach and of course some food favorites.

Thanks for reading my birthday report and about my very special lunch. Turning 44 isn't so bad when it happens at 33 with a great meal and wonderful people!

I will continue with the WDW portion of this report shortly.

I am a big time chocolate eclair lover...the ones at Epcot in France are sooo delicious!! However, those sparkly cookies look delicious too! Yum!

Disneyland: June '13 - Hojo's.....May '12 - BWPPI..... May ’09 - Hojo’s….Oct ‘07 – Grand Californian….Nov ‘06 – Paradise Pier.…June ’04 – Disneyland Hotel.…June ‘96 Anaheim Hilton…. July ‘95 - Carousel Inn….Aug ’92 – Carousel Inn…July ’90 - Embassy Suites…July ’89 - Anaheim Hilton…May ’88 - Penny Sleeper…May ’87 - Penny Sleeper…April ’77 (?)…June ’76 - Disneyland Hotel….June ‘73 First trip ever to Disneyland!!!

WDW: July ’94 - Marriott Orlando World Center.…April ’94 - Marriott Orlando World Center….July ’86 - Marriott Orlando World Center….April ’86 - Marriott Orlando World Center
Misskitty3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:38 AM   #1232
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
What a lovely resort.

That CM looks really friendly and it seems like Joshua really liked the attention.

Nightcaps and bread service looks AAAAhMazing!

It really is such a beautiful and peaceful resort. I know peaceful and Disney don't always go together but I think DVC and Disney in general does a phenominal job with making their resorts very calm.

The nightcaps and bread service totally hit the spot. I think the kids their MNSSHP candy, cut up veggies, and bagel bites.

She was very friendly and he did enjoy the attention. He always seems to garner a lot of attention. He is very polite when out and I think adults appreciate his manners and ability to converse. Don't get me wrong, he's a goofball just like other kids but really knows how to read his audience already. He held the door open for a group of women at the DLH during our cammando day and a CM saw him and complemented him. Very cool to get poitive feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I have had the bread service and it is a must do everytime I eat at Saana. So, so good.
Its staying on the AKV must-do list for sure. It's cheap too which surpised me. Either that or I've been totally Disneyfized, like Fockerized but Disney style.

Quote:
And having a couple chocolate martinis with the bread service seems like a win-win to me.
It was a win-win. Not enough to have ahngover but enough to sleep well.

Quote:
I, too, love DVC and have no regrets about purchasing. I even bought my first resale contract before the prices dropped after the stock market crash and still no regrets. It was a great decision and took away all the pressure about how to score a Disney deal on a resort room or package. Best move ever.

When did you buy DVC? Where are your home resorts? It does take away the pressure on how to score a deal and I love that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misskitty3 View Post
Thanks for the line from your other trip report! Just pooping over!

Wait.....Does JetBlue offer credits like Alaska? After you ticket, if the price goes down, they will give you a credit? We are flying JetBlue in June and I agree, the LGB airport is the best!!

Okay....back to reading about your Disney birthday......

Eta: Honestly, I should NOT post on threads before having my morning coffee AND trying to type on an iPad! I meant to say thanks for the LINK not the LINE to your trip report. And, definitely didn't intend to use the term POOPING but instead I was just POPPING over! Oh my.....
JetBlue does give credits. Love JetBlue. I've never flown Alaska. Southwest had a no fee change policy which is also very nice. I fly JetBlue first whenever possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh'smate View Post
Here they are. If anybody reading has any suggestions please say them.

Tue, Sept 24 ~ Arrival, stay and hang out at resort.
Wed, Sept 25 ~ DHS ~ 50's Prime Time 4:25pm
Thu, Sept 26 ~ EPCOT ~ Rose & Crown 5:40pm
Fri, Sept 27 ~ Magic Kingdom ~ CRT 8:35am
Sat, Sept 28 ~ Animal Kingdom ~ Yak & Yeti 1:00pm
Sun, Sept 29 ~ Sleep in ~ BOMA 10:00 am ~ hang out at POP ~ go to MNSHP in the evening
Mon, Sept 30 ~ Sleep In ~ Magic Kingdom Plaza Restaurant 5:15pm
Tue, Oct 1 ~ EPCOT~Akershus 8:20am enjoy Food & Wine
Wed Oct 2 ~ Sleep in, DTD, and going to Fort Wilderness to look at the horses (Lexi loves,loves,loves horses) and Hoop Dee Doo 6:15pm
Thurs Oct 3 ~ Animal Kingdom Tusker House 11:15am
Fri Oct 4 ~ Whatever park we want (I am pretty sure it will be Magic Kingdom)
Sat Oct 5 ~ head home
Jessica, your plans look wonderful and I'm so very happy for you.

We loved 50's! If your DH is playful ask for Loukilli as your server. I posted all about him and he was so much fun. He went above and beyond.

Boma. I haven't got to that part of the trip but when we ate there we ended up in what we lovingly refer to as a Boma Coma. I need to copyright that.

Quote:
I have had some coffee now but still typing on the iPad .....

That Club 33 looks fabulous!! What a fun way to spend your birthday!! And really cool to be able to enjoy it with others that know and appreciate the history!

Did you know when you were there that you would be heading back to DL with your family and that you would all get to go to Club 33 together for dinner?

I had no idea we'd be going back to Club 33. I received an email from someone I'd never met asking if we'd like to have dinner on Easter Sunday. Of course I said yes and the reservation was made. The sponsor wishes to remain anonymous but emailed me all of the reservation info and we were all set. It was such a generous and unexpected treat. Both dinner and lunch are out of this world. I'd go back to either in a second.

Quote:
I am a big time chocolate eclair lover...the ones at Epcot in France are sooo delicious!! However, those sparkly cookies look delicious too! Yum!

I love France's eclairs too and their Napoleans are to die for. Heavenly. The sparkly cookies were were very light with a hiny of lemon. They were incredible.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-03-2013, 11:39 AM   #1233
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Nice update! I like the way you and Michael steal away for your night caps. If you saw the bread service on one of my reports, it was stolen from someone else's TR! I didn't have first hand experience at the bread service until this past January. I think I stole it from Brandi, but I had been dying to try it, and it did not disappoint!

I hope the rest of your stay was equally as magical!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:46 AM   #1234
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Nice update! I like the way you and Michael steal away for your night caps. If you saw the bread service on one of my reports, it was stolen from someone else's TR! I didn't have first hand experience at the bread service until this past January. I think I stole it from Brandi, but I had been dying to try it, and it did not disappoint!

I hope the rest of your stay was equally as magical!

Thanks to Brandi. Yours was the first report I remember seeing it on and knowing I had to try it.

Admittedly it took me many years but I finally realized and put into practice the fact that even at Disney, Michael and I need our time without the kids. It's so nice to touch base and relax together after the craziness, fun, and sweet chaos of a day at Disney.

Last edited by rentayenta; 05-04-2013 at 08:50 AM.
Old 05-03-2013, 02:55 PM   #1235
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

It never occurred to me to ask for a warm Chocolate Martini, but it sounds utterly delicious. I also love the sound of the bread service.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 04:31 PM   #1236
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
It never occurred to me to ask for a warm Chocolate Martini, but it sounds utterly delicious. I also love the sound of the bread service.

Corinna

It was! I think they made it with a hot chocolate base. I didn't ask but should have. It wasn't coffee or I would have been up all night. I'm very sensitive to caffeine.

The bread service was perfect and seriously like $9. That's the same as we'd pay here in Utah.

Old 05-04-2013, 10:03 AM   #1237
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Playing serious catch up here but I loved seeing your photos from Club 33

It looks like you had a wonderful dinner at Sanaa. What a great idea to have a warm chocolate martini
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:15 AM   #1238
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Playing serious catch up here but I loved seeing your photos from Club 33

It looks like you had a wonderful dinner at Sanaa. What a great idea to have a warm chocolate martini

Sanaa was great. We didn't do dinner that but did later in the trip. The food is fantastic. I could live at AKV no not see a Disney park and be perfectly happy.

Club 33 was great, thank you. It's fun sharing with other Disney lovers.

Old 05-04-2013, 01:13 PM   #1239
pooh'smate
My ticker is actually a day off

Was your Boma meal breakfast? We had a Boma coma when we ate supper there on our last trip.

pooh'smate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:40 AM   #1240
rentayenta

Quote:
Was your Boma meal breakfast? We had a Boma coma when we ate supper there on our last trip.
Did you like it? We went to Boma for dinner and it was awesome. Good food, great vibe, and again being at AKL can't be beat. I'm really thinking about figuring out how to add an AKV day or two to the beginning of our cruise in January- no parks though. If we get our villa at the GCV for this December then we'll be out and even borrowed out of points.

Old 05-05-2013, 11:44 AM   #1241
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Here's the chair with pillow. I love them. They're so worth all the Top Ramen I'm having to eat.
Love the pillow with the chair!!!! Perfect. Also love your Sanaa nightcap, what a fun idea. We did that in the cruise but only once ever at WDW but it wasn't siting down (though strolling the ws is unwinding) but I love the idea of hitting a local spot after dumping the kids. And ooh we love the Sanaa bread service!

Our kids liked the night vision goggles too
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:18 PM   #1242
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Love the pillow with the chair!!!! Perfect. Also love your Sanaa nightcap, what a fun idea. We did that in the cruise but only once ever at WDW but it wasn't siting down (though strolling the ws is unwinding) but I love the idea of hitting a local spot after dumping the kids. And ooh we love the Sanaa bread service!

Our kids liked the night vision goggles too

i'm thinking we appreciate some of the same vacation qualities. Next time we all go at the same time, we should try to do a couple's only dinner.

The bread service is another best kept secret though I'm not sure how secret it is. It's actually a value.

Strolling around the WS sounds nice too. I think we'll do that if we ever stay at an Epcot resort. I love the resort night caps though because then all I have to do is haul by buzzed self back to the villa.

Weren't the goggles fun? I got a kick out of them.

Old 05-06-2013, 10:51 PM   #1243
pooh'smate

After reading your reviewof Sanaa i cancelled our Tusker House Lunch (which I really didn't want anyways) and booked Sanaa.

Old 05-07-2013, 07:17 AM   #1244
rentayenta

Quote:
After reading your reviewof Sanaa i cancelled our Tusker House Lunch (which I really didn't want anyways) and booked Sanaa.

You won't be disappointed. That was just the bread service. Wait until you see dinner. It was so good. Sanaa has a great relaxing yet unique atmosphere. The kids loved it too. It'll be a repeat every trip. Are you doing to DDP?

Old 05-07-2013, 09:33 AM   #1245
pooh'smate

Quote:
You won't be disappointed. That was just the bread service. Wait until you see dinner. It was so good. Sanaa has a great relaxing yet unique atmosphere. The kids loved it too. It'll be a repeat every trip. Are you doing to DDP?
We are. I wouldn't mind just having the QS since it is free but dh really enjoys the TS so we are just paying the difference. He enjoys not having to worry about anything while we are there and I enjoy not listening to him complain how much everything is. It makes for much more peaceful vacation. I am going to order the bread service for sure.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: