Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2013, 08:01 AM   #781
Deemarch
DIS Veteran

Another great trip report!

Glad to see that you all survived and are doing well!

Hope to see you in WDW next week!!

Old 05-02-2013, 08:13 AM   #782
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessCaitlin View Post
Yeah what can I say we can't let our readers down
No you CAN'T! And as bittersweet as the occasion is, it seems like a great way for you and your mom to stay connected.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-02-2013, 10:30 AM   #783
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deemarch View Post
Glad to see that you all survived and are doing well!

Hope to see you in WDW next week!!
Thank you!

We hope to see you too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
No you CAN'T! And as bittersweet as the occasion is, it seems like a great way for you and your mom to stay connected.
Yep I am thinking A Tale From Two Cities

The Hot Fudge Terrorists and the Curse of the Drunken Punkin

How Much was It?!?!?!?! The tale of our best trip ever!!!!

*The opinions and comments in the above post do not reflect the views, opinions, policies, or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates,
including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all other included areas.*
Old 05-02-2013, 03:44 PM   #784
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Congratulations on your graduation!!!

I was way far behind, but I'm glad I got caught up before you leave for your trip.

"I almost blacked out" I love reactions to Mission Space! When my 9 year old son and husband rode the orange version, Ben had a huge smile on his face when we met up.

"I puked! 3 times"

That is an awesome picture of the two of you at EPCOT. And great Muppet shirts- but you didn't even go to HS that day! Love Animal and his band Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mahem!

I am sorry you were feeling so bad that you fell asleep on the safari. And that you had a rough night at the Beach Club. Thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures of the resort. What a great view of the pool!

Great pictures from minigolfing- we haven't done this so I loved seeing the pictures. And hearing the story about the demise of your mom's camera on a past trip.

Fantastic trip report!!! Loved the pictures and descriptions, but so sad to read about all of the drama. Some real ups and downs on the trip, and some very scary stuff!!! Glad to hear everyone is doing well now, though!

And I can't wait to read about the new trip.

HAVE A FANTASTIC TIME!!!
Old 05-02-2013, 03:47 PM   #785
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Congratulations on your graduation!!!

Thank you!

I was way far behind, but I'm glad I got caught up before you leave for your trip.

"I almost blacked out" I love reactions to Mission Space! When my 9 year old son and husband rode the orange version, Ben had a huge smile on his face when we met up.

"I puked! 3 times"

Yeah Andrew can be pretty silly!

That is an awesome picture of the two of you at EPCOT. And great Muppet shirts- but you didn't even go to HS that day! Love Animal and his band Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mahem!

Yeah I am pretty sure we were supposed to go to DHS on Sunday then our plans changed once Andrew joined us Don't worry though this next TR will be filled with Disney clothing being worn at the appropriate park

I am sorry you were feeling so bad that you fell asleep on the safari. And that you had a rough night at the Beach Club. Thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures of the resort. What a great view of the pool!

It was a beautiful view!

Great pictures from minigolfing- we haven't done this so I loved seeing the pictures. And hearing the story about the demise of your mom's camera on a past trip.

Fantastic trip report!!! Loved the pictures and descriptions, but so sad to read about all of the drama. Some real ups and downs on the trip, and some very scary stuff!!! Glad to hear everyone is doing well now, though!

And I can't wait to read about the new trip.

HAVE A FANTASTIC TIME!!!
Everyone is great and really looking forward to a redo!

Thank you! We will!!

The Hot Fudge Terrorists and the Curse of the Drunken Punkin

How Much was It?!?!?!?! The tale of our best trip ever!!!!

*The opinions and comments in the above post do not reflect the views, opinions, policies, or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates,
including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all other included areas.*
Old 05-02-2013, 04:00 PM   #786
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Hi Everyone! I wanted to stop in and thank you all for joining in on our TR. It was certainly a unique trip with some magical moments and some downright scary but it was certainly one we'll never forget! Especially since we gained a new family member along the way

As you may remember I really didn't plan to do a TR after our upcoming (2 DAYS!! ) but when Caitlin heard about all the "Limited Time Magic" during our trip she said we had to do one. Who am I to argue?

Oh and if you are wondering what the "Limited Time Magic" is?

Well our first day is "Star Wars Day". Yep, we will be there for May the 4th which is supposed to include SW characters, special fireworks. etc. Caitlin is geeked!

The day after is Cinco de Mayo and the "LT Magic" is the Three Caballeros appearing together.

Our last day just happens to be Merida's Coronation Day! They are having this in the MK and all the princesses will be there along with some Disney Channel stars. This is the first time they've held this at the MK so we are super excited!

So we are excited for these special things along with seeing New Fantasyland for the first time, eating at BOG and staying at the Art of Animation.

We will have 8 day tickets so we will be at the parks everyday and (fingers crossed) having the time of our lives

I hope you'll all join us on the next TR which I hope will be drama free!

Thanks for reading

Old 05-02-2013, 05:08 PM   #787
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post

So we are excited for these special things along with seeing New Fantasyland for the first time, eating at BOG and staying at the Art of Animation.

We will have 8 day tickets so we will be at the parks everyday and (fingers crossed) having the time of our lives

Thanks for reading

Woo Hoo! Saturday will be here before you know it! And I know you are going to have a wonderful time! Enjoy! I love the name for your next TR!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 05-02-2013, 05:18 PM   #788
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Woo Hoo! Saturday will be here before you know it! And I know you are going to have a wonderful time! Enjoy! I love the name for your next TR!
Thanks Mary Ellen

Old 05-02-2013, 06:08 PM   #789
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Thanks for sharing your trip, it was great following along with you. Looking forward to your new report.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Old 05-02-2013, 06:21 PM   #790
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Thanks for sharing your trip, it was great following along with you. Looking forward to your new report.
Thank you

Old 05-02-2013, 10:07 PM   #791
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

Glad Caitlin Started to feel better finally but sorry it was the last day.

The Fantasia Mini Golf looks fun! We haven't done that one before, we did the Winter/Summerland one twice but none of the other ones.

Congrats on your Graduation, Caitlin!!

So Glad you are writing a TR for your next trip! Can't wait to hear all about it. It's coming up so soon!!

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
Old 05-03-2013, 03:58 AM   #792
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
Glad Caitlin Started to feel better finally but sorry it was the last day.

Thank you. We were glad she was able to enjoy one day anyway.

The Fantasia Mini Golf looks fun! We haven't done that one before, we did the Winter/Summerland one twice but none of the other ones.

As a family we enjoy mini golf so Disney mini golf is even better. We prefer Winter/Summerland but Fantasia was within walking distance so that made up our minds for us

Congrats on your Graduation, Caitlin!!

So Glad you are writing a TR for your next trip! Can't wait to hear all about it. It's coming up so soon!!
Thank you! Glad you'll be joining us again

Old 05-03-2013, 09:32 AM   #793
MagicShell
DIS Veteran

Have a GREAT trip!

Me DH DD DS
Old 05-03-2013, 09:45 AM   #794
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicShell View Post
Have a GREAT trip!
Thank you

Old 05-03-2013, 10:41 AM   #795
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Gotta get this in before you guys run off again!

Quote:
Mom tried to do an update earlier but lost it on accident
On the one hand... too bad that your mom lost her update.

But on the other hand, I'm glad she lost it by accident and not on purpose?

"I'll show you! You think I won't do it? I'll just push the Delete key! Oh, yeah? Watch this! <click>....... Oh, no! What have I done?!?!?"

Quote:
Before I get down to business though I wanted to share some good news with you all! I graduated on Sunday!!! After five years at EMU I now have my Bachelor's in Communications!
Congratulations! Getting a degree is a wonderful accomplishment and you have every right to be proud of it.

Quote:
Oh, look. Just the world's prettiest graduate. Ho hum.

Quote:
Here is a mini tour of the Club Level area:
Nice. I had no idea. I envisioned some cookies or maybe muffins if you were really lucky.

Quote:
The cutest lamp ever!
I must disagree. This is the best lamp ever:

Quote:
The bathroom. We are very thorough with our trip reporting
You'd be surprised how many TRs I've seen with tours of the bathroom.

Quote:
Our view
Nice!

Quote:
Now our straight ahead view
Oh.

So you had to lean precariously over the balcony railing risking life and limb for the good view then?

Quote:
After everything we set we headed to return our rental car to the Dolphin hotel. We had turned it in and then right when we were about to walk away I realized I had left the camera in the car
Good thing you realized it before it was too late.

Quote:
Mom ruined our old digital camera here on my high school graduation trip Her ball ended up in the water and we told her not to go after it but of course she did just to prove Dad and I wrong. Well she got the ball but when she came back up from grabbing it the camera fell out of her sweater pocket
Yeah, but she showed you!

Quote:
Today I was feeling so good I was actually standing and walking from hole to hole!
Yay!

Quote:
Love the xylophone steps!
Just out of curiosity, do they play a tune when the ball goes down? Or just a scale?

Quote:
My favorite hole!Who doesn't like wine!?
Me! That's who! I live with three girls and sometimes all three of them get going and it gets to be a bit much.

Oh! Wine!
Sorry, I thought you said "whine".

Quote:
The buckets actually dumped water!
I'm surprised. I would've thought you would've waited a long time just to catch that picture.

Quote:
The only mouse allowed in anyone's house

I'll let Minnie know that she is persona non grata.
She'll be heart broken, but don't worry, I'm sure she'll get over it... eventually.

Quote:
When the round was over we all assumed grandpa, the avid golfer, would win. Nope Mom did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Way to go Dawn!
Still doesn't make up for the busted camera, though.

Quote:
[B]We decided Beaches and Cream would be the best place for lunch followed by lounging at the pool.
I so want to go there!

Some day... some day...

Quote:
For dessert I had the kids ice cream sundae with nonfat frozen vanilla yogurt
Yeah, that's what I would order too.

No, wait. I'm gonna change my order to the Kitchen Sink

But almost the same.

Quote:
That my friends is the end of the pictures.
And thanks for them!

Quote:
Overall it was an alright vacation.
But not uneventful! Holy Cow!

Quote:
It was fun introducing Andrew to Disney and having Grandpa see the new things that had been added since his last trip.
I forgot, how long had it been since his last trip?

Quote:
Of course getting married was the highlight!
Are you sure? It wasn't that first view of MK Castle? Sure?

jk

Quote:
This next trip will be the make up trip and boy will it be amazing! You probably want to hear what our plans our right? Well Mom will have to tell ya
Thanks for the chapter Caitlin!

Quote:
It was certainly a unique trip with some magical moments and some downright scary but it was certainly one we'll never forget!
No kidding!

Quote:
Especially since we gained a new family member along the way
You mean me, right? I'm officially adopted?

No?

How about, Mascot?

Still no?

ah well....

Quote:
As you may remember I really didn't plan to do a TR after our upcoming (2 DAYS!! ) but when Caitlin heard about all the "Limited Time Magic" during our trip she said we had to do one. Who am I to argue?
Right. She's got a degree, you know. Better listen.

Quote:
Well our first day is "Star Wars Day". Yep, we will be there for May the 4th which is supposed to include SW characters, special fireworks. etc. Caitlin is geeked!
Me too! Take lots of pictures, okay?

Oh, brother. Look who I'm asking!

Quote:
Our last day just happens to be Merida's Coronation Day! They are having this in the MK and all the princesses will be there along with some Disney Channel stars. This is the first time they've held this at the MK so we are super excited!
Cool!

Yup. You gotta do a TR now.

Quote:

Thanks for reading
I'll be there! Thanks Dawn!
Have a great (drama free) trip guys!

Teenage Mutant Backseat Dancers - A Canadian Buffoon Adventure
Canadian Buffoon's Vacation - PTR/mini TR
Canadian Buffoon European Vacation
Just a silly little TR - run away!

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: