Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2013, 10:23 AM   #1171
tmoor
Earning My Ears

Hi, Jennifer. My name is Tarina and I sailed on the Dream back in January of this year. It was my first Disney cruise. I went with my husband (Adam) and our daughter (Sophie, 3). I wish I had seen your view of the Dream before we sailed. I didn't see most of the stuff you posted pics of while I was on the Dream and I'm so sad now that I missed it - and that I didn't take more pictures. However, I know all that I was missing now so you can bet I'll be planning another trip on the Dream just because of your excellent story telling through photography! I have only sailed one other time and it was 8 years ago. So I was a terrible leader on that cruise! I didn't even pay attention to the Navigator until the 3rd night of the 4 night cruise! I did know where to go to eat each night, though! Thank you so much for all the love you put into your photos. I'm going on the first Magic sailing after it leaves dry dock and I've recruited my aunt, cousin, and cousin's little girl (same age as my Sophie) to join us. I've literally been reading on these forums and reading up on all the different things to do on the Magic. I will be better prepared this time around. Thanks again for all the fantastic pictures you took and the great stories.
tmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 02:52 PM   #1172
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Hi Jen!
We are back and I am caught up here again!

I just LOVE Claire's communion photo .... when will the "big" day be? Or did I read something wrong?

And thank you again for another fun morning photo stroll. I just WISH we would be able to drag ourselves out of bed that early one day.
Outlook is only open at sunset and is used for weddings mostly. Mathieu and Bettina were married there.
And it IS so hard to find.
Love that they had a sale in the Whozits shop! Getting a bargain at Disney is not easy so you were one lucky girl.
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-02-2013, 06:12 PM   #1173
MEK
DIS Veteran

I have to tell your that your wonderful costumes got me inspired to shop for costumes for Denny and I. We'll see what I come up with.

Too funny about the cruise member knowing you name but not sure why.

That look out lounge is really cool.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:46 PM   #1174
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
No, the Magic does not have an Outlook Cafe and I missed it like mad in November.

Corinna
Well hopefully I can get on the wonder and see it too. Wehre is it located there. Well actually I do have my map near me, I should just look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
What a fun and informative morning stroll you have provided us yet again. And so glad you found Deck 14.

Funny that that store was hardly ever open. But you got a great deal on items for Claire.
I like finding new places and I was happy to see it.
It is weird that the store is almost never open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmoor View Post
Hi, Jennifer. My name is Tarina and I sailed on the Dream back in January of this year. It was my first Disney cruise. I went with my husband (Adam) and our daughter (Sophie, 3). I wish I had seen your view of the Dream before we sailed. I didn't see most of the stuff you posted pics of while I was on the Dream and I'm so sad now that I missed it - and that I didn't take more pictures. However, I know all that I was missing now so you can bet I'll be planning another trip on the Dream just because of your excellent story telling through photography! I have only sailed one other time and it was 8 years ago. So I was a terrible leader on that cruise! I didn't even pay attention to the Navigator until the 3rd night of the 4 night cruise! I did know where to go to eat each night, though! Thank you so much for all the love you put into your photos. I'm going on the first Magic sailing after it leaves dry dock and I've recruited my aunt, cousin, and cousin's little girl (same age as my Sophie) to join us. I've literally been reading on these forums and reading up on all the different things to do on the Magic. I will be better prepared this time around. Thanks again for all the fantastic pictures you took and the great stories.
Hello and welcome. I can understand being overwelmed on the cruise. My first Dream one was amazing, but also a blur at times beccuase there was so much to see and do.
I was on the Magic back in Sept and again took a ton of pictures as well. Here is the link to the report I did on that one. I know some things are changing, but at least you can get a good look at the ship.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3002322

We had a blast then too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Hi Jen!
We are back and I am caught up here again!

I just LOVE Claire's communion photo .... when will the "big" day be? Or did I read something wrong?

And thank you again for another fun morning photo stroll. I just WISH we would be able to drag ourselves out of bed that early one day.
Outlook is only open at sunset and is used for weddings mostly. Mathieu and Bettina were married there.
And it IS so hard to find.
Love that they had a sale in the Whozits shop! Getting a bargain at Disney is not easy so you were one lucky girl.
The big day is Sunday, which is why I haven't been on here too much lately. I am preparing the house for the party and also they have had afew school functions as well. I was in and out all day today and it feels good to sit down and just relax for a bit.
You really need to get up and go around and see the sunrise and how quiet the ship is at that time too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I have to tell your that your wonderful costumes got me inspired to shop for costumes for Denny and I. We'll see what I come up with.

Too funny about the cruise member knowing you name but not sure why.

That look out lounge is really cool.
That is so awesome. I can't wait to see what you end up with. I do think doing some sort of dressing up, even if it's just a themed tee and bandana is really fun.
I have no clue how he knew it. It was so weird.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:05 PM   #1175
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

It's fun exploring new places that not many people know about!
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:20 AM   #1176
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
It's fun exploring new places that not many people know about!
It really is. it's a shame that no one know about this place.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:20 AM   #1177
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I believe while we were shopping, we ran into Gail and the girls again. I believe Alexis left with us. We had a little time to kill before brunch and then Claire was going off with them for a while.
We saw Daisy out, so we stopped for a picture. While we waited I took one of the 2 of them. I only had my point and shoot with me and they arenít the best.

Soon it was our turn.

Alexis didnít have her autograph book with her and was a little worried, but I told her Daisy would be OK with that.

We then headed back to our room. Claire was going to change into her new swimsuit and head off with Gail and family.

I have to tell you these girls were just so spoiled this trip. We kept finding extra gifts in the fish extenders. Mom had put a few things in there and Aunt Mary had put in a set of pins for each girl. They were in heaven. Aunt Mary also bought each girl a Disney cruise sweatshirt and sweatpants. She was worried about sizes, so Claire tried hers on. I found out later that while we were gone, Aunt Mary brought the girls back to our room and fished Claireís out of the packed suitcases to try them on Alexis, as she had bought the next size up for her and they were too big. I think they always thing because Alexis is just over 10 months older than Claire that she is bigger, but in reality they are pretty much the same size now, and it actually looks like Claire might pass her if she keeps growing at the rate she has been.

We headed down to Gailís room to leave the girls with her and look what I found. Alexis is a GENIUS!!!!!! She figured that by putting the privacy sign in the key spot to activate the lights it would work. I was so impressed.

I had brought a stack of used gift cards to put in mine so I wouldnít have to keep putting my KTTW in there. Itís just a pain to put in and out. I pull the used gift card out enough to deactivate when we all leave, but many times I came back to find the card had been taken from the room host. It irked me a bit, but oh well, what are you going to do? I knew they wouldnít take this sign though.

We said our good byes and went back to meet up with Mom and Dad. I had scheduled a brunch at Palo for the 3 of us, my treat.
I had done dinner at Palo on the Magic and I wasnít super impressed and it will be a long time before I do dinner again, if ever. It just wasnít enough of a wow for me to spend the extra money. However, I had heard from many people that brunch was better, and I was willing to give it a try. I actually had booked this BEFORE I booked the dinner on the Magic and already had told my parents, so there was no backing out now.

We arrived a little early. Our reservation was for 12:30. We were told to wait in the Meridian Lounge and we barely had a seat and were called to go in to our table.

I love the light fixture.

We had a nice table right next to a window.

Marco from Italy was our server. That was easy to remember because Geoff had a college roommate in NYC whose name was Marco and he was from Italy as well. Geoff still goes and visits him every so often.

Marco explained how things worked and then took us on a tour of the buffet and also told us we could order pizzas and specialty main courses as well.

And my favorite course Ö.DESSERT!

I love strawberries dipped in white chocolate. After many years of picking strawberries growing up (my Dad farmed strawberries) I donít have a huge desire for them at all, but in chocolate is a whole other story!

Marco told us we got a complimentary glass of mimosa. We all ordered one, though Dad wasnít sure what it was. I think he drank it all though. I also got a diet coke.

Old 05-03-2013, 08:26 AM   #1178
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Dad is pretty picky when it comes to food, so I could see he wasnt sure about some of the options. He is not too adventurous, but I thought it looked like there was enough to fill him up. And when all else fails, he could eat his heart out with desserts.

We headed up to the buffet and picked out some yummy items.

Dads plate.

I think this is my second plate.

We also ordered two pizzas. I was thinking this would be something Dad would like, but I am not sure he even had any. We shouldve just gotten one.

We got a pizza with sausage on it.

And the Margherita.

That was my favorite! And let me tell you, this pizza was out of this world good. I could go for some like that right now.

We were getting full fast. We kept going back up and stuffing ourselves. But I really wanted to order a main entrťe as well. I asked Mom if she wanted to share the chicken parmesan, and she said yes.
While waiting for this, we really seemed to be getting full and we wanted to have dessert as well. I decided I better go eat one strawberry just in case I got too full after.

Mmmmmmmm!

By the time the meal arrived, I was about to explode. I told Mom that I think I was only going to take a bite or two to try it and that was all I could fit in, and she agreed. There was just no way she could eat much more either.

Doesnt it look good?

Well, let me tell you, this was fabulous, awesome, delicious mouthwatering, sensual, whatever you want to call it, it was that. This was just amazing. The risotto it was on was the best stuff I have ever had. Mom and I were basically fighting over it to get the last bite. Yes, we ate every single bite and we wondered if it would be wrong to lick the plate! Dad just laughed at how we were only going to eat one bite and ended up devouring it. But this was just really good.

While eating we talked with Marco, and he was a really nice guy. He was soon to be married, but it sounded like after that he would be back on the Dream again.

Time for desserts. Yes, I actually ate more. I couldnt pass up trying several things out. Most were good, some were just not my thing.

I settled up the check and then we headed out. I still had to get a few pictures. Dad photobombed this one.

We told Dad to stop and pose. I have no clue what he is pointing out.

And a few of the light fixture.

I cant remember if this door was part of Palo or Remy.

Now after trying both dinner and brunch at Palo, even though it was 2 different ships, I must say that brunch is the winner by a landslide. It was very good and I didnt leave feeling like I wasted extra money. It was also nice because it didnt interfere with any of the main dining room meals. I will definitely try to get back to brunch again.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:44 AM   #1179
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Jen, you are just a very mean person. Posting all of those scrumptious food pictures while I am sitting here having my very tiny Fiber One bar for my breakfast. Cruel I tell you, just cruel.

It's funny you say Claire is going to pass her cousin the way she is growing. As I was looking at the first picture of Claire in your post I had to stop and say: my Lord that child is growing fast.
Old 05-03-2013, 12:57 PM   #1180
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Well hopefully I can get on the wonder and see it too. Wehre is it located there. Well actually I do have my map near me, I should just look.
On the Wonder, the Outlook Cafe is on top of the Cove Cave. Access is either via a staircase from the Cove Cave or from the midship elevator lobby on deck 10. The radio studio is also opposite the Outlook Cafe.

I love that light fixture in Palo. The brunch looked fantastic. All the pizzas are amazing at Palo, but the best one is the Cambazola and Grape one. I don't even like blue cheese, but this one is amazing. The Chicken Parmesan is one of my favourite dishes on the ships and I agree about the risotto.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:51 AM   #1182
SigalTchelet
Mouseketeer

Thanks for all the pics at Palo! I can't wait to go there for brunch on my cruise on the Fantasy on November 50th!!!

Siggy aka Jill
Siggy's Fantastic Fantasy PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3081866
WDW Caribbean Beach Resort 1994
Disneyland: Many times in my childhood, October 1976, March 1977, June 16, 1977 (Grad Night), severasl times in the 80's, August 1991, October 3, 2009 (50th Birthday), May 2010, October 2010, February 2011, May 2011, October 2011

SigalTchelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:30 AM   #1183
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Jen, you are just a very mean person. Posting all of those scrumptious food pictures while I am sitting here having my very tiny Fiber One bar for my breakfast. Cruel I tell you, just cruel.

It's funny you say Claire is going to pass her cousin the way she is growing. As I was looking at the first picture of Claire in your post I had to stop and say: my Lord that child is growing fast.
I was eating a dumb diet bar too.

Claire will not stop growing. She is going to bankrupt me with having to buy her new clothes and shoes all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
On the Wonder, the Outlook Cafe is on top of the Cove Cave. Access is either via a staircase from the Cove Cave or from the midship elevator lobby on deck 10. The radio studio is also opposite the Outlook Cafe.

I love that light fixture in Palo. The brunch looked fantastic. All the pizzas are amazing at Palo, but the best one is the Cambazola and Grape one. I don't even like blue cheese, but this one is amazing. The Chicken Parmesan is one of my favourite dishes on the ships and I agree about the risotto.

Corinna
the light fixture is really neat there.
The pizzas were really good. I hear good things about the grape one, but I have a thing about grapes on or in ANYTHING. I only eat them plain or not at all. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
Finally all caught up. I am so enjoying your photos as always. We are going to try to get the Palo brunch on our next cruise in November. So excited about this cruise !!
Thnaks. Palo brunch was really good. Come with an empty stomach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigalTchelet View Post
Thanks for all the pics at Palo! I can't wait to go there for brunch on my cruise on the Fantasy on November 50th!!!
Your welcome. I need to get on the Fantasy. I keep watching prices and hoping I can swing one in the future.
Old 05-04-2013, 07:55 AM   #1184
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

While we had been gorging ourselves at Palo, Gail took the kids swimming. This is always a highlight to Claire. She can never have enough swim time. I guess she is part fish down the line in her genes.

Claire looks like she is imitating a beached whale in this next picture. And I have no clue what Abby is doing.

Abby finally got to go in though and was all smiles.

Life is good. You can swim and watch some cartoons on the funnelvision.

And then time for a ride on the aquaduck!

They then decided it was time to get dried off and find out if we had finished up with brunch.
Geoff took some pictures of his room at this point and Iíll share those.

When I got back to my room, my bed was already set up for the night. That was very early, but I guess our guy had many things to do.
Now let me tell you about our stateroom host. On our first evening, I heard him go into Mom and Dadís room and talk to them. I think I mustíve left or something, because I never saw him. And then we never saw him again at all. On our last day a guy stopped by and said hello and that he was taking our guys place that day and that everyday someone had been filling him for him as he had gotten sick and wasnít able to work. That was fine, the guy was nice and our room was clean each day and I now knew they were probably really busy. Then a little later a guy came in and it was our actual stateroom host and he introduced himself and said he was back and that he had been very sick the last few days with blood pressure issues and I think he had passed out, so they kept him for observation and to try and maintain his pressure. He REALLY wanted to talk about it, which I thought was cute, and I listened and told him I hoped he got better. So I think our guy had made the bed up early to keep up with his chores since he still wasnít 100% well.
Anyways, here is the picture I took.

I donít remember if I went in search for Claire or if they came back to our room, but I do know we found her right away and she was dressed again.
We decided we had to do some shopping. We had been looking through the shops when we had time, but now was the time to buy.

I thought this Minnie sailor outfit was really cute, but just too high in price for the use we would get out of it.

We found other family members at the stores too and we kind of split up and looked at things and would run back into each other again. The shops were quite busy too.

Claire found a Rapunzel Barbie and a few other must haves and we purchased those. I asked her if she would like some Minnie ears in the headband form and she did, but I could tell she didnít want to spend her own money on them. I told her I would buy then and then there was a big yes, so I got the black sparkle ears for her. I will warn you, those are super cute, but her head would hurt after wearing them for a while and your hair will get caught in the sparkles. We had a few times of tears as we tried to get the tangled hair out of the sparkles.

I was on a hunt for a watch. They had a white DCL watch I wanted, but it was one of those purchase so much and get it for $14.95. So I looked around and tried to think what else I might want for myself.

Alexis had joined us as we hunted around. I started looking at other watches and found one I really liked. The girls liked it as well and both said it was the one I should get and it was enough to be able to purchase the white watch as well.
Then Alexis disappeared. I asked Claire where she went and she said she saw family and headed off with them. Shame on her for not telling me. We had to wait in quite a long line to pay, as someone at the counter was purchasing dishes and every single one had to be wrapped and ready to ship.
Finally we got up there and I paid for both watches.
The funny thing is, even though Alexis helped me pick out the watch I bought, throughout the rest of the trip, she asked me like 3 different times where I got that watch and that she thought I was getting the white watch. I told her each time I bought this watch so I could get the white watch, so I ended up with 2 new watches and she seemed to forget each time. And a while after we got home, she saw me wearing the watch again and again asked me where I got the watch. LOL

There was also a sweatshirt I had been eyeing, but I just didnít love it enough to get it for the price it was. Of course I regret not getting it now.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:00 AM   #1185
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

After our purchases were made we headed out to the atrium and I had Claire sit in the Princess chairs for a few pictures.

She was starving, you know to the point of dying, so it was time to find her a quick bite to eat.

You guessed it, chicken strips it is!

Mom! Stop taking my picture.

And an ice-cream for dessert! I think I had one too.

We then ran into Katie and Vicki and they told me what a wonderful vacation this had been and they really were enjoying things. Katie said that her and Thad were going to rebook for the Fantasy and asked how that worked. I gave her some basic info on that and let her know that she could just make a dummy date for now and change it in the future. They were thinking sometime in 2014, which at that point the dates hadnt been released yet.

Ill let you know that they ended up changing it up to this coming Sept. and they have some friends coming along as well. And then last week Vicki decided she wanted to cruise again as well and her and her SIL as well as Vickis granddaughter from her other daughter are going on that cruise as well. It really makes me want to work a way to get on there too!

We headed back to the room and I basically have no more pictures for the rest of that afternoon. I think we did a lot of packing up and getting things straightened away. I think we also did a load of laundry with mom and just chilled out too.
The bad part about the last day is being sure that you are packed up and the short cruises are just way too short.

We then got cleaned up for dinner. Our last night and we were going to be in Animators Palate with the show tonight.
Katie and Thad were going to Remy tonight and she stopped by before they went and told me that Thad went and booked a cruise and she was all excited.

We headed out to dinner for one last time.

Claire was in her sailor gear tonight.

We headed down to Animators Palate and got seated. The boat was really rocking tonight. I was glad I was taking bonine daily. It really did help. I could feel the rocking, but not actually felt sick. Alexis on the other hand was feeling green tonight. That surprised me as she is pretty good with that type of stuff. Abby is the one who gets motion sickness usually.

Rolls were waiting for us at our table.

Dad thought it was important that he display the butter that goes on the rolls. (Yes, my family makes fun of me for taking pictures of food)

While we sat there, I took several shots around the area from my seat.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: