Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2013, 08:56 AM   #1
momtoarianna
Mouseketeer

should we buy souvenirs on 4 day trip or when family goes

I was wanting to know if me and my daughter should wait on sovernirs till my our whole family goes since we have other kids and do want to be bringing a lot of stuff back on the train or should we buy some now
momtoarianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:00 AM   #2
bgraham34
Wilderness Lodger

Buy them when you want to buy them. If you see something you love now it might not be available again later on. Especially some shirts.

bgraham34 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-03-2013, 04:21 PM   #3
Pesky
"Who's the monkey?!"

Agree, probably a bit of half and half. I'd buy certain things that you might be able to get cheaper now than at the parks and you know you want to buy -- pins/vinylmation to trade, light spinners, glow in the dark necklaces or bracelets, etc. There are a lot of things that the parks will have that will not be available elsewhere so I'd probably save the bulk of the souvenir money for the park.

DH, the Disney doubter Me DD6 DS4
DLR Plan #2!: Coming soon to a DLR near you
WDW Plan: October 2016 (so very, very far away )
Pesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 05:17 PM   #4
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

If she is the only child going from a family group (ie she has a sister or brother who is not going) I'd let her pick up one special thing to mark her trip, but I wouldn't let her go crazy. You might even tell her she could pick out a 'family' souvineer or something for each of her siblings. If they all got a treat it would be a little easier.

However if they are not siblings but just other family memebers who will also do a trip I say all bets are off and you can buy her whatever you want. After all it's her trip.

bookgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 05:35 PM   #5
momtoarianna
Mouseketeer

I have 4 kids total this is more of a girl scout trip and me hubby and the rest of the kids will be going at christmas
Old 05-03-2013, 05:37 PM   #6
momtoarianna
Mouseketeer

Christmas is aldo when our youngest will turn 1
Old 05-03-2013, 05:49 PM   #7
bookgirl
Can we say food issues?

Then I'd say one 'special' treat and find something small and fun to bring back to the others as well.

Old 05-04-2013, 03:10 PM   #8
MSSANDRA
DIS Veteran

I think your other post noted that money is quite tight this trip. I would get each child, including those not going, something very small ( a 5.00 or 10.00 book or toy at the most) and then look at the situation again when you take your next trip and see what works then. We are so not stuff people so I am its just not a big issue for us...sorry.
MSSANDRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:53 AM   #9
NaLisa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtoarianna View Post
I was wanting to know if me and my daughter should wait on sovernirs till my our whole family goes since we have other kids and do want to be bringing a lot of stuff back on the train or should we buy some now
Has she said why she's only bringing one of her kids? How awful for the other three left at home.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:37 AM   #10
bookgirl
Can we say food issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaLisa View Post
Has she said why she's only bringing one of her kids? How awful for the other three left at home.
The daughter is actually on a girl scout trip and mom is going along. They are all going to Disney as a family around Christmas.

Old 05-06-2013, 11:26 AM   #11
momtoarianna
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaLisa View Post

Yes this is a Girl Scout trip and we are going as a troop we are all meeting up there on Saturday June 1st and will be at disney 4 4 days and then the troop leader has a few other things planned for Girl Scout badges to be earned while we are there as well so we do not want to have a lot to take back home since we are only taking 1 big suitcase

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: