Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 09:17 AM   #616
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieMama View Post
The rate for a room with a King bed is the same rate as a preferred room. So would this mean if I booked online and selected the King room option, I'd be in a preferred bldg? Or would I still need to request that?
King rooms are spread out all over the resort, except there are none in the Pirate Rooms. If you book a king room, you would need to request a preferred location. And if you booked a preferred room, you would have to request a king. So you'll have to decide which is more important, book that category and request the other.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:39 PM   #617
PixieMama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
King rooms are spread out all over the resort, except there are none in the Pirate Rooms. If you book a king room, you would need to request a preferred location. And if you booked a preferred room, you would have to request a king. So you'll have to decide which is more important, book that category and request the other.
Thank you!
POR - Oct 2012
AKL Club Level - Feb 2013
Polynesian - Oct 2013
All-Star Sports - Jan 2014
POFQ - May 2014
All-Star Movies - Sep 2014
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-04-2013, 02:56 AM   #618
fd1972uk
Mouseketeer

I noticed on Facebook that there is a campfire on-site.

Where does this take place?

I do want to goto FW and goto the Chip & Dale night, but this would be great for the 1st night we arrive, before we goto bed.

FD
WDW Orlando: June 2013

Old 05-04-2013, 03:11 AM   #619
ninamouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fd1972uk View Post

I do want to goto FW and goto the Chip & Dale night, but this would be great for the 1st night we arrive, before we goto bed.

FD
I think I read it was every night.

What a good idea for the first night though - I think we may do the same if the boys aren't too tired after the long day of travelling!

Disneyland California 1990
Disneyland California 1993
WDW 1995
WDW 2002
WDW 2005
WDW 2008
WDW CBR 2013
Old 05-04-2013, 03:31 AM   #620
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:

FD
It is done every night on the beach by the main pool. It usually starts about an hour before sundown.
Old 05-04-2013, 10:26 AM   #621
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:

FD
If you're standing with your back to Old Port Royale and looking out at the lake, you'll walk around the main pool which will be to your left. The campfire is held on the beach near Trinidad North. I think that this would be a great activity to do on yoru first night.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 05-04-2013, 06:02 PM   #622
pktbMouse
What you dont know is that each Mickey mouse hat you buy is a mind controlling device..this is how they get families to overspend on food and souvenirs!

cant believe I will be there Monday...getting mega excited now...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 05-04-2013, 07:05 PM   #623
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pktbMouse View Post
cant believe I will be there Monday...getting mega excited now...
Have a great time!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 05-04-2013, 09:58 PM   #624
pktbMouse
What you dont know is that each Mickey mouse hat you buy is a mind controlling device..this is how they get families to overspend on food and souvenirs!

Thank you!..soo ready for this vacation, got some extra spending money today making prom corsages so that was nice, United moved our flights but they turned out to be actually better times for us...we gained an hour more in Disney going and an hour more coming back!! yay. As you know we usually drive so I have been going crazy tonight trying to pack. Im used to just throwing the stuff in the car but Ive had to limit myself to two suitcases under 50 lbs each!! ( Alot of stuff got left on the bed in the spare room!!!) I figured if we need it, we will just buy it! I guess driving does have some benefits to it after all. We have hired a car with Avis at MCO as we plan on doing Clearwater or Johns Pass while we are there. Tomorrow...manicure, pedicure and hair..MONDAY!!! CBR!! ( hopefully these suitcases will close and be under 50lbs or my hubby will go crazy..lol ) I did online check in..or at least I THINK I did..the website was odd...I guess I will find out when i get there if it worked or not!!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 05-06-2013, 02:58 PM   #625
Diegosmom
DIS Veteran

I did online checkin but there was not an option for near dining or near main pool. That is really our big request we want to be close to the pool but we are not paying for preferred but I just want as close as we can get with a standard room...should I just call and have this noted on reservation?
Old 05-06-2013, 03:00 PM   #626
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diegosmom View Post
I did online checkin but there was not an option for near dining or near main pool. That is really our big request we want to be close to the pool but we are not paying for preferred but I just want as close as we can get with a standard room...should I just call and have this noted on reservation?
If I were you, I'd call and ask that your requests be noted on your reservation. Make sure that you put your requests in the order of importance to you.

Old 05-07-2013, 04:05 AM   #627
fd1972uk
Mouseketeer

Brilliant guys, thanks for the quick response.

That's great news on the Campfire.

We thought about 1st day there and after a munch at OPR, we were going to maybe see how we felt on our first night and head over to FW for Chip and Dale, but this is far better and we can plan that for another night.

Easy night, and if we feel tired we just take a stroll to our room.

Next month!!!

FD
WDW Orlando: June 2013

Old 05-07-2013, 10:05 AM   #628
firstwdw
DIS Veteran

Newbie to CBR questions

If in a preferred location what are the buses like?? Do you stop at EVERY stop (looks to be 7stops) before heading to the parks and/or on the way back from the parks??

Also any official word on a refurbishment/queen beds anytime soon at CBR?
Old 05-07-2013, 10:18 AM   #629
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstwdw View Post
If in a preferred location what are the buses like?? Do you stop at EVERY stop (looks to be 7stops) before heading to the parks and/or on the way back from the parks??

Also any official word on a refurbishment/queen beds anytime soon at CBR?
The buses do stop at each village bus stop before heading out to the parks. If they use the front entrance, the first stop would be Martinique (half preferred/half standard), followed by Old Port Royale, Trinidad North (preferred), Trinidad South, Jamaica, Aruba and, lastly, Barbados. If they use the side entrance, the first stop will be Jamaica, followed by Aruba, Barbados, Martinique, Trinidad North and, lastly, Trinidad South.

A page or two back, I posted a copy of a live chat that I had with a Disney CM. They weren't even aware of the sprucing up that's currently going on in Jamaica. It is my hope that somebody who recently returned or is going soon will post info on what's going on over there.

**I wanted to add something to the above. Even though the buses make stops at each bus stop, it won't take long to make the loop around the resort. Of course, if there's someone in a scooter or wheelchair, it will take longer but that's the case at any resort.

Last edited by mickeystoontown; 05-07-2013 at 10:23 AM.
Old 05-07-2013, 11:29 AM   #630
HiHoOffWeGo
Mouseketeer

You will learn very quickly at WDW resorts that you will always here how long the buses take. You can arrive at a buss stop and it is all on your timing not the buss. You can arrive one minute before the buss or one minute after the bus leaves or some where in between. Buses are usually about 20 min. apart. per park. WDW does a good job of this. Remember it is your timing. I only remember waiting 10 min. once. Enjoy the ride and music cause that park is going no where and let the driver take you to the park instead of you driving.
I talked to someone who drove and his wife and kids took the bus and they arrived about the same time but by the time he meet up with the family he was 5 min behind. He told this story to let people know it was not worth driving.
You are on vacation so relax and don't get in a hurry it will all be there when you get there. Why do people worry about how long it takes? Then don't go to WDW.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: