DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2013, 12:38 AM   #496
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissa1970 View Post
Now I'm totally confused about which tower we stayed in for Room 406. Maybe someone can tell me? If you wade into the lobby from valet, you'd go right and past the front desk, past the spa...which tower is that?
That would be the Waianae tower.

Disneyland - Too many to count! Last DL trip: May 2013 WDW - Nov 2011, Nov 2009, May 2007, Oct 2006, July 2006, Oct 2005, Oct 2003, Oct 2000
DCL - Nov 2013 Fantasy EC, Mar 2012 Wonder MR, Nov 2011 Dream B2B, Jan 2011 Wonder Panama Canal, Nov 2009 Wonder Princess - Panama Canal Jan 2014, Pacific Coast May 2006, Alaska Sep 2004, Mar 1999 Australia/New Zealand Big Island - May 2013 Kauai - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012, Feb 2010, Oct 2008 Maui - Jan & Nov 2012 Oahu Aulani - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012
ACDSNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:04 AM   #497
kyton
Earning My Ears

If you walk in to the lobby with the pool directly in front of you the tower to the left is the Waianae Tower and the one on the right is the Ewa isn't it?

I must be all mixed up? Last year we stayed in the spa side this year on the opposite side in the really long building.

Legoland / Disneyland / Aulani / Trump Waikiki - October 2013
kyton is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-26-2013, 01:24 AM   #498
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyton View Post
If you walk in to the lobby with the pool directly in front of you the tower to the left is the Waianae Tower and the one on the right is the Ewa isn't it?

I must be all mixed up? Last year we stayed in the spa side this year on the opposite side in the really long building.
If you're facing the pool, valley and ocean and go to the right it's Waianae tower, if you go left towards the market/store it's the Ewa tower. I hope this helps.

Disneyland - Too many to count! Last DL trip: May 2013 WDW - Nov 2011, Nov 2009, May 2007, Oct 2006, July 2006, Oct 2005, Oct 2003, Oct 2000
DCL - Nov 2013 Fantasy EC, Mar 2012 Wonder MR, Nov 2011 Dream B2B, Jan 2011 Wonder Panama Canal, Nov 2009 Wonder Princess - Panama Canal Jan 2014, Pacific Coast May 2006, Alaska Sep 2004, Mar 1999 Australia/New Zealand Big Island - May 2013 Kauai - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012, Feb 2010, Oct 2008 Maui - Jan & Nov 2012 Oahu Aulani - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012
ACDSNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:45 PM   #499
SenorGreg
Earning My Ears

Aulani Hotel Room Views

So, I am wondering if I can get some help with our dilemma.

We are going to Aulani next month, staying in a hotel room, not villa, as we were not able to get a points reservation (rental) for our dates. We would really really like to have a view of the main pool area (Waikolohe Valley). We found a good deal and because we couldn't decide, we booked a Poolside Gardens View AND a Ocean View room. We now need to decide which reservation we will keep.
  • Does anyone know whether there are any Ocean View hotel rooms that do not look over the valley? In other words, are on the other side of the building.
On the phone, a helpful person at Aulani did warn us that a Poolside Gardens view room may only be looking straight into a tree, and not actually have any view of a pool.
  • Does anyone know if there is much risk of obstructed views from Poolside Gardens view rooms?
Basically, we want a good view of the valley, but if we can save money by not staying in an Ocean View, that would be great.
  • Disneyland - Grand Californian - February 2011

Find me on Google+
SenorGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:30 PM   #500
wdrl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorGreg View Post
  • Does anyone know whether there are any Ocean View hotel rooms that do not look over the valley? In other words, are on the other side of the building.
On the phone, a helpful person at Aulani did warn us that a Poolside Gardens view room may only be looking straight into a tree, and not actually have any view of a pool.
  • Does anyone know if there is much risk of obstructed views from Poolside Gardens view rooms?
Basically, we want a good view of the valley, but if we can save money by not staying in an Ocean View, that would be great.
I can't say with certainty whether the hotel portion of Aulani has Ocean View rooms that do not overlook Waikolohe Valley. However, if you look at the map in Post #1, you'll see the hotel portion of the resort actually has two wings. I don't know if that shorter hotel wing that overlooks the Wailana Leisure Pool (which is temporarily out of commission due to the construction) has any Ocean View rooms.

In regard to your second question about the risk of obstructed views from Poolside hotel rooms: Yes, I think there is a bit of a chance that some landscaping might obstruct your view of the water features in Waikolohe Valley if you get a hotel room on a low floor. Take a look at the third photo in Post #378. The Aulani lobby is in the center portion of the photo and the building to the left is the hotel portion of the resort. As you see in this photo, the lazy river curves right in front of the hotel building but there are some palm trees and other vegetation that may partially block the view of some of the hotel rooms on the lower floors.

Hope this helps.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:40 PM   #501
SenorGreg
Earning My Ears

Thanks for your help wdrl, when I look at the photos of the landscaping it doesn't look like it would be overly obstructed, as in all you could see is the back of a tree/bush, unless there has been a lot more growth there since the photo.

As for the ocean view rooms, I get some confusing messages from Disney, but it seems like the majority of Ocean View hotel rooms are on the pool side at least.

Find me on Google+
Old 04-29-2013, 12:25 AM   #502
carissa1970
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorGreg View Post
So, I am wondering if I can get some help with our dilemma.

We are going to Aulani next month, staying in a hotel room, not villa, as we were not able to get a points reservation (rental) for our dates. We would really really like to have a view of the main pool area (Waikolohe Valley). We found a good deal and because we couldn't decide, we booked a Poolside Gardens View AND a Ocean View room. We now need to decide which reservation we will keep.

[*]Does anyone know whether there are any Ocean View hotel rooms that do not look over the valley? In other words, are on the other side of the building.

[*]Does anyone know if there is much risk of obstructed views from Poolside Gardens view rooms?

We had a 4th floor pool view and the view you are looking for...not sure which post on here, but I included photos! It was room 406 a 1bdrm. There was a studio lock off in room 408. It was a gorgeous view!

carissa1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:08 AM   #503
SenorGreg
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissa1970 View Post
We had a 4th floor pool view and the view you are looking for...not sure which post on here, but I included photos! It was room 406 a 1bdrm. There was a studio lock off in room 408. It was a gorgeous view!
Thanks for that, I looked up your post and it helps. The hotel rooms are in a different building to the DVC Villas though, so that may make a difference since that building is not as close to the pool area and has more landscaping in front of it.

Find me on Google+
Old 05-03-2013, 08:14 AM   #504
TLHB70
Let me be known by the Company I keep, eclipsed by YOUR presence that I may decrease
I really like a lot of the music they play out around the park

Hello everyone. I am popping in to ask a question.
As you can see in my signature, we are heading to Alauni next weekend after my DD's high school graduation! YAY!
We are not DVC members; we are just booked in a hotel room. My younger DD is most excited because she has read about the teen spa. She is asking me if there is a teen club as well, like on the Disney cruise ships. Can you tell me about that? Is there a teen club and a teen spa? Or is there just a teen spa and a kids club? My two DDs are ages 14 and 17. (The graduating senior will turn 18 in July.) They both would enjoy a teen club if there is one.
Thanks for any information you can share.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:35 AM   #505
Iceman93
Mouseketeer

Just a kids' club and a teen spa, sorry! But I think between the lazy river, water slides, beach activities, excursions, etc. your two teens will not be bored...
Old 05-03-2013, 11:54 AM   #506
mom2aidanNpiper
DIS Veteran

As PP stayed, there isn't an actual club for them. However they do have set activities each day for teens

I scanned many daily Iwa's and on the second page of each day they list family, kids and teen activities. I saw art classes, scavenger hunts, fitness activities, etc.

Here is a link to the Iwa's :
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3103331

Have fun!

DL: 1985, 1988, 1994, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012 (x2),2013 (x2) WDW: 2010 DCL: 2010, 2011, 2012 Aulani : 2013, 2014
mom2aidanNpiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:00 PM   #507
DenLo
DIS Veteran

The Teen Spa is more than a spa. Here's what the website says is available at the Painted Sky for teens.

Quote:
PAINTED SKY
This 1,500-square-foot retreat for Guests ages 13 to 17 has its own private entrance and features such amenities as:
Lounge
Yogurt and elixir bar
Interactive retail
Computer stations
Daily teen-only events
Evening programs for teens
D.I.Y. mixology bar for perfumes, body polishes and face masks
Teen-specific massages, facials, manicures and pedicuresincluding Spa services designed for young men
I know when we were there a lot of teens would meet up at the Painted Sky each day.

BTW, I think there was a drink refill station in Painted Sky as well.

Last edited by DenLo; 05-03-2013 at 12:31 PM.
DenLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:27 PM   #508
KristinS
If at first you don't succeed.....

Hi all,

I've been wait listed for rental points for two 2/2 suites in January 2014. We're comparing prices through Disney itself even though we know it's waaay more money.

My question is--on the site is lists strictly ocean view, island view and standard. Where does the Pool Gardens View come into play--because we'd be happy with this view? Is that just lumped under ocean view for the same $$?

Thanks!
KristinS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:38 PM   #509
carissa1970
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinS View Post
Hi all,

I've been wait listed for rental points for two 2/2 suites in January 2014. We're comparing prices through Disney itself even though we know it's waaay more money.

My question is--on the site is lists strictly ocean view, island view and standard. Where does the Pool Gardens View come into play--because we'd be happy with this view? Is that just lumped under ocean view for the same $$?

Thanks!
When you book on the DVC website with points, there is a poolside/garden choice. Not sure if that view exists for the regular hotel guests. Maybe when you rent the points, the member you rent from will be able to choose it? It is less points than ocean view and more that island view.

carissa1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 02:14 PM   #510
TLHB70
Let me be known by the Company I keep, eclipsed by YOUR presence that I may decrease
I really like a lot of the music they play out around the park

Thanks for the helpful information. It seems like the teen spa will be a place to check out and maybe meet other teens. I know my DDs will be interested in the teen activities too. Thank you! We can't wait to go!!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: