Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 09:48 AM   #601
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fd1972uk View Post
Hi, quite funny with the time difference as it's late afternoon here.

Many thanks for the superquick response.

Would've been great if they did some sort of changes to the actual building and surrounding areas, but not to be.

FD
It's only 9:45 in the morning here in Louisiana. That really is a big time difference.

It would have been neat if they could have done some outside "pirate" things to the buildings but I think they were smart in keeping it pretty neutral. You never know when they might make more changes to the rooms.

The main pool and kids' play area has a pirate theme to them and there are usually some pirates found in the resort store and food court area.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 05-02-2013, 10:00 AM   #602
Sobes
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
If ground floor is important to you, I'd leave that request as is. You are correct that the villages of Martinique and Trinidad North are where the preferred rooms are located. Honestly, since all of the villages have their own bus stops, I don't think that the "close to transportation" request is all that important. We have stayed in two of the preferred Martinique buildings and loved it when we were in Martinique 26. The walk to Old Port Royale was super quick and we used the OPR bus stop since it was so close.

Thanks for the quick reply! Well since our daughter is 8 now, I think a ground floor is not that big of a deal. It was when we had to lug around a 2 year old who was passed out in her stroller. But maybe a better request would be the Martinique village?

[link=http://distickers.com/ticker/][img noborder]http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/0g9d4agshh2zopc6.png[/img][/link]

http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers...gshh2zopc6.png
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-02-2013, 10:10 AM   #603
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobes View Post
Thanks for the quick reply! Well since our daughter is 8 now, I think a ground floor is not that big of a deal. It was when we had to lug around a 2 year old who was passed out in her stroller. But maybe a better request would be the Martinique village?
You're welcome! I have pictures of the stairs over on the CBR pic thread to show that they aren't real steep and hard to climb. An 8 year old (or the parents ) shouldn't have any problems walking up them even at the end of the day. I had friends who stayed in Trinidad North and they said that they wished that they had requested Martinique instead. So, I guess I'd suggest Martinique over Trinidad North.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 05-02-2013, 10:14 AM   #604
Marsheliz
DIS Veteran

Where would you request to be with 4 and a 1 year old boys?? Would like a ground floor close to lobby and restaurant.. I requested this last time at POFQ with my terminally ill mom since she couldnt walk.. ( she actually passed 3 weeks ago).. Where they put us was absolutely perfect.. Took us 1 minute to walk to restaurant and lobby and bus stop.....

I am so confused as to where I should stay this time and not sure of this huge looking resort but I am loving the pirate themed pool area for smaller kids...

No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing.. The dreams that you dream... Really do come true....

April 2005- Offsite.. My now DH's first time
December 2005- Offsite ( ENGAGED at MK)
December 2007- Offsite ( Pregnant with Lawson)
February 2011-All Star Sport ( Pregnant with Landen)
September 2012- 1 night @ POFQ
September 2012- 3 nights @ AOA
October 2013- Caribbean Beach Resort
June 2014- Weekend Surprise at Port Orleans Riverside!

October 2013 TR- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3207813
Old 05-02-2013, 10:22 AM   #605
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsheliz View Post
Where would you request to be with 4 and a 1 year old boys?? Would like a ground floor close to lobby and restaurant.. I requested this last time at POFQ with my terminally ill mom since she couldnt walk.. ( she actually passed 3 weeks ago).. Where they put us was absolutely perfect.. Took us 1 minute to walk to restaurant and lobby and bus stop.....

I am so confused as to where I should stay this time and not sure of this huge looking resort but I am loving the pirate themed pool area for smaller kids...
Did you book preferred or standard view? If preferred, I'd suggest requesting Martinique 24, 25 or 26 as they are close to Old Port Royale and the main pool. If you booked standard, I'd suggest either Aruba 51 or 52 or Jamaica 45 or 46. As I posted above, all villages have their own bus stop so you're always going to be close to one. I'd say that should be the last of your requests.

My condolences on your mother's passing.

Here's a picture of the resort map which may help you with your requests:

Old 05-02-2013, 10:31 AM   #606
Sobes
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
You're welcome! I have pictures of the stairs over on the CBR pic thread to show that they aren't real steep and hard to climb. An 8 year old (or the parents ) shouldn't have any problems walking up them even at the end of the day. I had friends who stayed in Trinidad North and they said that they wished that they had requested Martinique instead. So, I guess I'd suggest Martinique over Trinidad North.

So, I went back on and edited my online check in and requested the Martinique building, but it would not allow me to take off near transportation and I added second floor, so that is three even though the site says please limit two, should I contact anyone to let them know the top request is Martinique or let it ride that way? Also, I noticed when I paid, I designated the card used for payment as the one to be used for extra charges, and that was taken off, has anyone had this problem before?

[link=http://distickers.com/ticker/][img noborder]http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/0g9d4agshh2zopc6.png[/img][/link]

http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers...gshh2zopc6.png
Old 05-02-2013, 10:33 AM   #607
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So, I went back on and edited my online check in and requested the Martinique building, but it would not allow me to take off near transportation and I added second floor, so that is three even though the site says please limit two, should I contact anyone to let them know the top request is Martinique or let it ride that way? Also, I noticed when I paid, I designated the card used for payment as the one to be used for extra charges, and that was taken off, has anyone had this problem before?
If you'd feel more comfortable, you could always call Disney and make sure that they notate your requests in the order of importance to you. That's what I always do. We are always asked at check-in if we want to place a credit card on file so you can do that upon check-in if you don't want to worry with it right now.

Old 05-02-2013, 12:27 PM   #608
Marsheliz
DIS Veteran

Thank you Mickey'sToonTown... I havent booked yet.. I was set on either POFQ or CSR until I stumbled upon the pirate ship pool for the smaller kids....
I will write down what you suggested, if i decide to book. I need a vacay some kind of bad.

No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing.. The dreams that you dream... Really do come true....

Old 05-02-2013, 12:37 PM   #609
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsheliz View Post
Thank you Mickey'sToonTown... I havent booked yet.. I was set on either POFQ or CSR until I stumbled upon the pirate ship pool for the smaller kids....
I will write down what you suggested, if i decide to book. I need a vacay some kind of bad.
You're welcome! I have a lot of pictures of the resort in my trip report. If you want to have a look around, just click on the Excuse Me link in my signature. Scroll down to I think it's post 8 for links.

Old 05-02-2013, 12:45 PM   #610
Marsheliz
DIS Veteran

That sounds perfect.. I will browse through right now....

Old 05-02-2013, 01:01 PM   #611
mcd2745
You're only young once, but you have your whole life to be immature!

Quote:

Yeah, there's a definite flaw/bug in the new My Disney Experience site for the online check-in requests. For our stay last month, I tried to amend my previous requests, but as you said, you can't "un-check" your previous selections but ou can keep adding new ones everytine you go in to edit it. I think I ended up with about 8 different requests.

As for the CC, I think the same think may have happened to me. I don't completely remember. Anyway, when you physically check in, they will confirm what card you want on the account for charges. They will probably just ask something along the lines of "will you be using the Visa/MC/Amex ending in xxxx for charges?"
Old 05-02-2013, 04:04 PM   #612
Ariel Wanna-be
Loves Orlando Bloom so much that, If she was still single and fancy-free, she'd be so tempted to stalk her Elf Boy!!
I have to match.. inside and out!!
Loved for the quirks thread

We've requested Martinique for our upcoming stay (preferred room). What color are the buildings in this area? And how far are they from the main pool?

Is Shutters open for breakfast?

TIA.

There's nothing hotter than Orlando Bloom wielding some sort of weapon.
Old 05-02-2013, 04:15 PM   #613
carly chloe
DIS Veteran

They are blue. Not a long walk at all. A few minutes if that. They are right on the other side of food court which is by the ppol. I've never seen Shutter's open for breakfast.
Old 05-02-2013, 04:55 PM   #614
mcd2745
You're only young once, but you have your whole life to be immature!

Shutters is open for dinner only. It would be nice if they offered a breakfast buffet.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:04 AM   #615
PixieMama
DIS Veteran

Another question re: King rooms!

The rate for a room with a King bed is the same rate as a preferred room. So would this mean if I booked online and selected the King room option, I'd be in a preferred bldg? Or would I still need to request that?
POR - Oct 2012
AKL Club Level - Feb 2013
Polynesian - Oct 2013
All-Star Sports - Jan 2014
POFQ - May 2014
All-Star Movies - Sep 2014
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: