DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2013, 02:30 PM   #31
mjc2003
DIS Veteran

Also please be aware that BCV is scheduled for a full rehab starting in early 2014. So most of the wear and tear issues should be remedied in a matter of months.
Old 05-02-2013, 03:44 PM   #32
DizBub
Totally Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjc2003 View Post
Also please be aware that BCV is scheduled for a full rehab starting in early 2014. So most of the wear and tear issues should be remedied in a matter of months.
Awesome!! Good to know!
DizBub is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-02-2013, 07:34 PM   #33
MrsH42608
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Oh reallly?!?!? Well thats good to hear! Thanks!

MrsH42608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:11 PM   #34
corpcomp
The 100 Yard Dash and Mr. D

There two weeks ago in548. Everything was perfect. Great vacation.

1980-2000 - too many to count
March 01 Poly, March 02, 03 Coronado Springs
March 04 Caribbean Beaches, March 05, 06 Coronado Springs
July 06, April 07, April 08 BCV, June 08 BWV & Yacht Club, Feb 09 BWV, Halloween 09 SSR & BWV, April 10, July 10 BCV & VWL, Aug 11 BWV, Aug 12 BCV, April 13 BCV, NYE 13 BLT & BCV
corpcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:25 AM   #35
TisBit
DIS Veteran

I can give you my honest opinion about BCV, but it is not the popular one. I was let down, but mostly because of all the hype on the Dis about it. What I have found is that BCV is so beloved by people here, anything negative is shot down.

1. Location-It was good, but I didn't feel it was any better than Boardwalk and it was convenient for Epcot, but not rope drop at Epcot. They don't let you into International Gateway until they let people into the front entrance, so you have quite a walk in comparison and we basically missed rope drop. Also, while it is nice to be steps away from Epcot (and walking distance to DHS), Epcot is a huge park and honestly getting back to the room is not that convenient. The busses were horrible when we were there, but I have found this true at most of the resorts close to a theme park...if you want to go anywhere but to the close park it is just frustrating.

2. Pool-Yes it is huge. Yes, it has the best theme of any pool on site. But, there are also issues with it. It is very crowded, the slide entrance is outside of the pool area (so keep that in mind for your kids), but our biggest issue was that our kids were very small when we went. The kiddie pool and slide were at the steps to the slide and not at the main pool. We were in a knee deep pool and as adults couldn't do anything but sit on the edge and watch our kids. Our kids are older now and I wouldn't have a problem with them going on their own to the entrance of the slide, so its less of an issue now, but it is still crowded.

3. Rooms-OK, this is probably my biggest disappointment was the rooms. Yes, they needed updating and there was a lot of wear and tear, more than the other resorts I had been to. But, there location....The DVC rooms were built as an addition, so they are not connected to the main building and actually run perpendicular to the main building. Of course were at the very far end of the building. It took forever to walk to the front of the resort, I stay at SSR most of the time if that tells you anything. But in fairness, this is true for a lot of DVC resorts, they were additions and not part of the main building like the hotels are.

With all of that being said, did I hate BCV, no. But I was disappointed because I never heard these things about it and it is just put on such a pedestal here on the DIS. I would stay there again, but with an understanding of what I was getting myself into and I would probably enjoy my second stay much more than my first.
TisBit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:46 AM   #36
AmyB2006
I'd rather be in Disney!

Quote:
Yes, awesome to hear this, because it needs it.

TisBit... I understand everything you are saying. Although I never do "rope drop" (too much hustle and excitement for me LOL) and I do love the convenience to Epcot.

But everything else, I totally get.

AmyB2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:27 AM   #37
ABE4DISNEY
DIS Veteran

I think BCV is a wonderful and beautiful resort, and I used to think it was quite superior to BWV(which I actually own.). However, call me crazy, but the new makeover of the Boardwalk Bakery has me so excited that I think BCV and BWV are much more comparable now. Just my 2cents.

ABE4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:38 PM   #38
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

What I have liked about BCV is being able to park close to the villa. That's the problem I have with BWV, especially since any person can park in that lot by just saying they are dining at the BW.

I really like leaving the villa at BCV at about 8:50PM and finding a spot on the bridge from England to France to watch Illuminations and being back in my villa by 9:25.

I like that BCV is quiet. It's behind the BC, so you don't get the noise from the pool and beach.

I like the theming of BCV (and BWV for that matter), Grandma's cottage at the shore. I don't feel like I am at the W Hotel on Lake Shore Drive in Chicago. I don't care for that cookie cutter look that you are starting to see all over the place in hotels - white bed covering with a shawl across the foot of the bed.

I'm not a great fan of Stormalong Bay, but my husband and son liked it in the past when our son was younger. I've always liked the Dunes Cove Pool at the BCV - quiet and easy to find a chair to sit on.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:24 AM   #39
Skippy918
Mouseketeer

We just got back from our trip and stayed at BCV in a 2 bedroom. It was really nice. My son loved the pool and I wish we had more time to spend there. We had 7 full days and crammed every park and both waterparks during our trip. I liked that we were able to walk over to Epcot a few times. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again, although we did drop by wilderness lodge and that was themed really well and I wouldn't mind staying there. We had a rental car so that made getting around easier. The buses are really slow especially with tired kids.
Skippy918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:45 AM   #40
Brian Noble
His Curmudgeonly Highness

We were in BCV this past October/November. There were certainly a few wear-and-tear issues, but none that I would call "icky". If you go into it expecting to have a fine vacation, these sorts of things will probably not bother you. On the other hand, if you go into it ready to find all the things wrong with the room, you will certainly find them.
Brian Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:11 PM   #41
SUSIEQ
DIS Veteran

I'll be there for the first time in 8 days. Can't wait.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
Old 05-05-2013, 07:30 AM   #42
michelleiada
DIS Veteran

We have been hearing for years about how "run down" BCV are. We have stayed a few times, always in a two bedroom villa, and did not find it to be true, IMHO. We still bought DVC with BCV as our home resort and so glad we did. The resort has so many wonderful things about it. The rooms could use an updating I suppose, (which is scheduled for 2014) but we thought they were very clean, nice, and suited us just fine for the amount of time we spend in them. We love everything about the resort. The location can't be beat IMHO, with easy access to countless dining options, and walking distance to two parks. We love SAB, Beaches & Cream, The Boardwalk is a stroll away. We love the entire EPCOT resort area. It is "Disney" to us. We are staying there for 10 nights and June and will return again for a week in December and I am not worried one bit that the rooms will be in bad shape. I'm at Disney when I'm there...my happy place!

2012 BECAME DVC MEMBER AT BCV!

michelleiada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:13 AM   #43
wdwlver
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleiada View Post
We have been hearing for years about how "run down" BCV are. We have stayed a few times, always in a two bedroom villa, and did not find it to be true, IMHO. We still bought DVC with BCV as our home resort and so glad we did. The resort has so many wonderful things about it. The rooms could use an updating I suppose, (which is scheduled for 2014) but we thought they were very clean, nice, and suited us just fine for the amount of time we spend in them. We love everything about the resort. The location can't be beat IMHO, with easy access to countless dining options, and walking distance to two parks. We love SAB, Beaches & Cream, The Boardwalk is a stroll away. We love the entire EPCOT resort area. It is "Disney" to us. We are staying there for 10 nights and June and will return again for a week in December and I am not worried one bit that the rooms will be in bad shape. I'm at Disney when I'm there...my happy place!
What she said.

Disney Trips
2014 - GFV & YC - 2013 - BC & BCV - 2012 - GF, BCV - 2011 - BCV, YC - 2010 - POLY & BCV - 2009 - BWV & BCV - 2008 - BWI & BWV, 2007 - BWV, 2006 - BWV & BCV,2005 - SSR & YC, 2004 - WL,2003 - Swan,2002 - WL,2001 - AKL,2000 - GF,1999 - WL & YC,1997 - WL,1994 - GF,1993 - GF & BC,1992 - GF,1991 - CR & BC, - & many trips to DLR
wdwlver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:34 AM   #44
MinnieVanMom
DIS Veteran

We really like BCV because location, location, location. DS loves the pool and slide. We like the room size at OKW better but for going to Epcot and DHS, it is BCV for us.

On our last stay DH went around with his leatherman and tightened all the cabinet knobs for me. It does need some care but again, location makes it a great resort.

We grill each time we are there and find most people are surprised that there is grill.
MinnieVanMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:29 PM   #45
tofubeast
DIS Veteran

We stated in a studio on the top floor back in mid December. We must of lucked out as we had a HUGE balcony. It was awesome with a nice view facing west and the pool below. Our room was in great shape for the most part. The ihome alarm clock wasn't working, but they replaced it within half an hour of our call. While I do think they need to freshen up the linens, they were still in fine condition. I had some fears based on reviews as well, but all was fine once we stayed there.

Grew up with DL & also went back in 08(CCI); WDW: 90, 06(POFQ), 07(CSR), Apr09(CSR), Jun09(SSR), Oct09(POP), Sep11(POP), Dec12(BCV/AoA), May13(POP), Aug13, Oct13(BLT), May14(AKV Jambo), Oct14(VWL). Other: Nov13(VBR), DCL Dream Oct14, Nov14(VBR)
Future DVC owner at Disney's Hyperion Resort in 2043!
Current TR: Our Visit EVERY Season 12-13!!
Past Trip Reports: WDW Oct 07 - DLR "back home"
tofubeast is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: