Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2013, 03:59 PM   #196
Jiminy'sGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchintime75 View Post
I can't remember if it happens at the same time or not? I do remember we were front row for the sail away party and still had plenty of time to walk over and see the CMs waving at us with big Mickey hands from the port. I want to say after the sail away party is over, they make a quick announcement and then you hear that wonderful Disney horn! Then the ship starts moving. I was so excited I can't say if it all happened at the same time or not? But if they pull out of Galveston the same way as Florida you shouldn't have any issues with making it up a deck to watch us leave the port. Especially if you take the stairs or aft elevator.

Can we leave tomorrow?
It is very very slow. No wake zone, I guess.
Jiminy'sGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:06 PM   #197
thelionqueen
DIS Veteran
The Tag Fairy threw me a bone to hear me scream!
My body has finally figured out that it can let go of the fat!

Count us in!!

I put our deposit down on Friday and we can't wait! This is out 2nd Disney cruise on the Wonder. It is me DS12 and DS16. Plz add us to the FE list .

Me-Lanette-Favorite character-Cheshire Cat/Rapunzel
DS16-Tristan-favorite character-Mickey
DS12-Roman-favorite character-Chip/Dale or Stitch

Going to look for the FB group now

Last edited by thelionqueen; 05-01-2013 at 10:40 PM.
thelionqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-02-2013, 10:39 AM   #198
Stitchintime75
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiminy'sGirl View Post
It is very very slow. No wake zone, I guess.
It is super slow! I know we were waving at the people, and a few minutes later we were still waiving at the people.
Stitchintime75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:01 PM   #199
CatDenver
Mouseketeer

Dining Attire Schedule

I've posted this info in the FB page but wanted to post here as well for those who don't FB. This was a DCL shoreside concierge response to my question regarding what the dining dress schedule is for our cruise:

Formal night will be on night two, Pirate night is on night four (29th), Costume night is on night six (31st replacing semi-formal night).

Maybe for Halloween I'll dress up as a cruiser who is dressed for semi-formal night!

Moi DH Michael (13) Catie (10)

Disney HalloWonder Bahamian Cruise - Oct 26, 2013
Pre-trip Report The Yours Mine and Ours Mystery Tour
Trip Report We Are Family (I've got all my children with me) HalloWonder Trip Report
CatDenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 01:53 PM   #200
grimgrningghost
DIS Veteran

Our missing info for the FE is:
Me - Laura - Muppets
DH - John - Iron Man
DD4 - Kate - Maleficent as a dragon, Merida, & Tink (really hers change weekly so no telling by October)
DD1 - Ella - Mickey

We are in a GTY room and are from Dallas, Tx
grimgrningghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 02:11 PM   #201
Jiminy'sGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It is super slow! I know we were waving at the people, and a few minutes later we were still waiving at the people.
Exactly... the SAME people!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatDenver View Post
I've posted this info in the FB page but wanted to post here as well for those who don't FB. This was a DCL shoreside concierge response to my question regarding what the dining dress schedule is for our cruise:

Formal night will be on night two, Pirate night is on night four (29th), Costume night is on night six (31st replacing semi-formal night).

Maybe for Halloween I'll dress up as a cruiser who is dressed for semi-formal night!
I love this idea! I am the oddball who actually *likes* dressing up, so losing semi-formal night is kind of a bummer....
Old 05-03-2013, 01:22 AM   #202
CatDenver
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Trip Report We Are Family (I've got all my children with me) HalloWonder Trip Report
Old 05-03-2013, 01:24 AM   #203
CatDenver
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiminy'sGirl View Post
Exactly... the SAME people!

I love this idea! I am the oddball who actually *likes* dressing up, so losing semi-formal night is kind of a bummer....
I agree with you about dressing up. Both DDs and I have decided we're going to dress semi-formal on one of the cruise casual nights.

Old 05-03-2013, 10:18 AM   #204
Mekamax
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatDenver View Post

Too funny! I guess you could dress in shorts and a Hawaiian shirt and go as a tourist.. Might get hubby to "dress up for Halloween" that way.... Thanks for the info - so glad Halloween isn't the same as Pirate night! Although I might be a Pirate for both - less packing if I have to bring dress up clothes....
Mekamax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:38 PM   #205
DisneyMama629
DIS Veteran

I'm so sad!!! I may not be able to go on this cruise!

My position at my school is funded by a grant that ends this year, and the principal isn't sure she will be able to keep me. That means I'll be going back to teaching elementary school (right now I'm an instructional coach meaning I teach the teachers). There's no way I can leave my class for a week! I'd have to cancel.

DisneyMama629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:43 PM   #206
Rozzy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMama629 View Post

My position at my school is funded by a grant that ends this year, and the principal isn't sure she will be able to keep me. That means I'll be going back to teaching elementary school (right now I'm an instructional coach meaning I teach the teachers). There's no way I can leave my class for a week! I'd have to cancel.
Oh no! I was looking forward to meeting you, your mom and your little darling! I will cross my fingers for you

Take good care.

Rozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:44 AM   #207
CatDenver
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMama629 View Post

Oh my gosh, I was also looking forward to meeting you, your mom, and son. I hope and pray it works out and we do see you all on the ship!

Old 05-04-2013, 10:31 AM   #208
Jiminy'sGirl
DIS Veteran

I held a position like this for awhile and it was nerve-wrackicg every year when we would ask for funding again, so I know your pain!

People don't realize that teachers are so tied down during the school year. Yes, you can use sick/personal days and take the cruise - but the repercussions are tough. Your class becomes unmanaged and they fall behind with a sub for a week, and you spend your vacation worrying that they are sticking to the curriculum and not watching videos all day. All that said, I did it one year when my best friend got married out of the country. The wedding was in November and I set up my sub in August and talked with her all the time about my expectations for the week, and even brought her into the class several times to watch how we did things. It can be done. But I also totally get why you wouldn't want to. Tough call.

Crossing fingers for funding....
Old 05-04-2013, 06:39 PM   #209
socaintexas
Mouseketeer

Just off the Magic this morning and booked for this cruise! Can't wait to catch up on the group!
socaintexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:38 PM   #210
CatDenver
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by socaintexas View Post
Just off the Magic this morning and booked for this cruise! Can't wait to catch up on the group!
Welcome socaintexas! We have a Trick or Treat list and a FE list going. Let us know if you want to be added to one or both. We also have a Facebook page, just search on Disney HalloWonder Cruise 2013. We have some first time cruisers, including me so if you want to share any advice we're all ears!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: