DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2013, 10:02 AM   #2221
XMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissa1970 View Post
I know the lady we purchased our contract from at the Disneyland location said there is a wait list for VGC. I would guess you could call DVC and just ask to be put on the wait list. She said it takes about 6 months.

Thanks so much!
August 2008 Disney Magic, February 2011 Disney Wonder, ,January & March 2012 Disney Wonder,August & September 2013 Grand Californian,,March 2014 AKL-Kidani Village, November 2014 AKL-Kidani & Disney Dream
XMom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:06 AM   #2222
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMom View Post
Where are you all purchasing your contracts from? We would like to add a small contract as we only have 100 pt's now and would like to be able to stay in a 1br for a long weekend every year.
This add on is direct from DVC. You can call your guide and be put on the waitlist. I've been watching the resale site for several months for a small add on in our Aug UY with no luck. By the time I'd check in the evenings the few that showed up were all sold.

Disneyland - Too many to count! Last DL trip: May 2013 WDW - Nov 2011, Nov 2009, May 2007, Oct 2006, July 2006, Oct 2005, Oct 2003, Oct 2000
DCL - Nov 2013 Fantasy EC, Mar 2012 Wonder MR, Nov 2011 Dream B2B, Jan 2011 Wonder Panama Canal, Nov 2009 Wonder Princess - Panama Canal Jan 2014, Pacific Coast May 2006, Alaska Sep 2004, Mar 1999 Australia/New Zealand Big Island - May 2013 Kauai - Jan & Dec 2012, Feb 2010, Oct 2008 Maui - Jan & Nov 2012 Oahu Aulani - Jan & Dec 2012
ACDSNY is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-03-2013, 08:50 AM   #2223
XMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACDSNY View Post
This add on is direct from DVC. You can call your guide and be put on the waitlist. I've been watching the resale site for several months for a small add on in our Aug UY with no luck. By the time I'd check in the evenings the few that showed up were all sold.
Do you mind sharing how much they are currently charging per point?
August 2008 Disney Magic, February 2011 Disney Wonder, ,January & March 2012 Disney Wonder,August & September 2013 Grand Californian,,March 2014 AKL-Kidani Village, November 2014 AKL-Kidani & Disney Dream
XMom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:25 AM   #2224
Breyean
OKW - 1993 & VCG - 2011

Quote:
Direct from Disney - $165/point.
Breyean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:48 AM   #2225
Breyean
OKW - 1993 & VCG - 2011

We're owners at VGC and have stayed at studios and 1 bedrooms in the past. Thanks to Nonsuch's floor plans we've been able to get great views and the rooms we requested on most trips.

Now we're looking at bringing another family for a trip early next year so we'd need a 2 bedroom. Since we've never had a 2 bedroom before, and since for some reason the clickable floor plans in Nonsuch's signature aren't working for me right now, I have a couple of questions.

1. The differences between a dedicated and a lock off 2 bedroom, other than the extra entrance for the latter. Are there any within the rooms that would make one better for two families than the other?

2. Room requests. As I stated, we have our preferred studios and 1 bedrooms that we usually request. I can see giving MS a similar list of room numbers for a dedicated 2 bedroom, but how do you request a specific lock off, since there are really two rooms involved (studio and 1 bedroom)?

Again, we'll be traveling with another family with 4 kids, from 14 to 6 years old. Only other time we did this with them we had a GV at OKW but a GV at VGC is out of the question, so we're trying to get ideas which w/b the best alternative in a 2 bedroom.

Thanks for any advice.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:01 AM   #2226
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breyean View Post
We're owners at VGC and have stayed at studios and 1 bedrooms in the past. Thanks to Nonsuch's floor plans we've been able to get great views and the rooms we requested on most trips.

Now we're looking at bringing another family for a trip early next year so we'd need a 2 bedroom. Since we've never had a 2 bedroom before, and since for some reason the clickable floor plans in Nonsuch's signature aren't working for me right now, I have a couple of questions.

1. The differences between a dedicated and a lock off 2 bedroom, other than the extra entrance for the latter. Are there any within the rooms that would make one better for two families than the other?

2. Room requests. As I stated, we have our preferred studios and 1 bedrooms that we usually request. I can see giving MS a similar list of room numbers for a dedicated 2 bedroom, but how do you request a specific lock off, since there are really two rooms involved (studio and 1 bedroom)?

Again, we'll be traveling with another family with 4 kids, from 14 to 6 years old. Only other time we did this with them we had a GV at OKW but a GV at VGC is out of the question, so we're trying to get ideas which w/b the best alternative in a 2 bedroom.

Thanks for any advice.
In a lock-off 2BR, the Studio portion has a kitchenette area and a queen bed/ queen sofabed combination, whille the dedicated has two queen beds.

See this post for details: Room Layouts and Descriptions
1989 .......... Offsite?
2007 Jun .................................................. .................................................. ................. Newport Bay Club
2008 May-Jun .. Shades of Green ................. Wonder 4-night Bahamas Double-dip
2009 Jul ...... Shades of Green ................. Magic 7-night E. Caribbean Tortola
2010 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Northern Europe
2010 Dec ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Magic 11-night S. Caribbean Holiday
2011 Jul ........................................ Wonder 7-night Alaska .................... Villas at Grand Californian
2011 Oct ...... Polynesian - AKV Kidani
2012 Jun ...... Bay Lake Tower .................. Fantasy 7-night W. Caribbean
2013 Mar ...... Beach Club Villas - BLT ......... Dream 4/3-night Bahamas Back-to-Back

Future Plans:
2014 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Med. Barcelona-Venice
2015 Jun-Jul .................................... Magic 11-night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
bigAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:08 AM   #2227
Breyean
OKW - 1993 & VCG - 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigAWL View Post
In a lock-off 2BR, the Studio portion has a kitchenette area and a queen bed/ queen sofabed combination, whille the dedicated has two queen beds.

See this post for details: Room Layouts and Descriptions
Thanks. Very helpful. Never saw those layouts before.

I figured there had to be a reason the dedicated 2 bedrooms always seem to be taken before the lock offs whenever I check the on line booking page.
Old 05-03-2013, 12:22 PM   #2228
Chereya
DIS Veteran

#4506 Dedicated 2 Bedroom

We were in room #4506 (Thank you Nonsuch for all of your uber helpful room info!!) and LOVED IT! This is a 2 bedroom dedicated unit and was 4th on my list of room number requests. I posted the balcony view pics on the other thread and here are my pics of the room. Forgot to take a good pic of the bedroom part of the master bedroom. We let my in-laws stay there and shared the 2nd bedroom with our kids. My BIL slept on the sofa bed and my older boys took turns sleeping with him or in the pull down bed in the TV cabinet.

Room #4506 Balcony View Pics

Kitchen

Living Room

3rd Bathroom off of the Kitchen

2nd Bedroom with 2 Queen Beds

Ensuite 2nd bathroom in 2nd bedroom

Master Shower & Sink

Master Jetted Tub & Sliding wood panels to bed side of the room
Old 05-03-2013, 05:00 PM   #2229
Nonsuch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
...for some reason the clickable floor plans in Nonsuch's signature aren't working for me right now...
The links are fixed
The mobile app might not show my signature, so here are the links:

1-page 6-page
Old 05-03-2013, 11:25 PM   #2230
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

Quote:
We went on the waitlist prior to the last price increase so it was $130 per point.

Disneyland - Too many to count! Last DL trip: May 2013 WDW - Nov 2011, Nov 2009, May 2007, Oct 2006, July 2006, Oct 2005, Oct 2003, Oct 2000
DCL - Nov 2013 Fantasy EC, Mar 2012 Wonder MR, Nov 2011 Dream B2B, Jan 2011 Wonder Panama Canal, Nov 2009 Wonder Princess - Panama Canal Jan 2014, Pacific Coast May 2006, Alaska Sep 2004, Mar 1999 Australia/New Zealand Big Island - May 2013 Kauai - Jan & Dec 2012, Feb 2010, Oct 2008 Maui - Jan & Nov 2012 Oahu Aulani - Jan & Dec 2012
ACDSNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:34 AM   #2231
Breyean
OKW - 1993 & VCG - 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonsuch View Post
The links are fixed
The mobile app might not show my signature, so here are the links:

1-page 6-page
Thanks. Yep, they worked.

If we went with a lock off, how would I make my room request to MS since there are two room numbers (for the studio and for the 1 bedroom) associated with a 2 bedroom lock off? Which would I say I wanted?
Old 05-04-2013, 12:31 PM   #2232
Nonsuch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If we went with a lock off, how would I make my room request to MS since there are two room numbers (for the studio and for the 1 bedroom) associated with a 2 bedroom lock off? Which would I say I wanted?
You might try a list of "pairs":
6502/6504, 5502/5504...

Good luck with your request
Old 05-04-2013, 01:40 PM   #2233
Breyean
OKW - 1993 & VCG - 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonsuch View Post
You might try a list of "pairs":
6502/6504, 5502/5504...

Good luck with your request
We'll give it a try. Still trying to decide if the lock off is better suited for us than a dedicated.

We've had great success in the past getting a room toward or at the top of our request list, so hopefully the trend will continue!
Old 05-05-2013, 02:33 PM   #2234
Breyean
OKW - 1993 & VCG - 2011

Which GV?

I've been crunching some numbers, looking at our points and upcoming vacation plans into next year.

I can't believe it, but I guess it makes some sense after all, because we can swing a GV for 3 nights on an upcoming stay. It will probably be a once in a lifetime thing, since the main reason we can do it is because our resale contract we recently closed on was pretty loaded. So instead of our usual borrowing status, we have extra points!

So. On line booking show the dates we want are available for all room types, including the GV. It's still outside the 7 month window so that's good.

Question is - which GV should I request, if I have a choice? I THINK the one facing the park is HA while the one facing the pool is not. We don't need a HA room, and in fact, when we had one a few years ago (a 1 bedroom at OKW) we didn't like it as much as the other rooms.

If I'm correct, are there big differences between the HA GV and the other as far as the changes made to MAKE it HA?

For those of you who have stayed in GV at VGC, which would you pick and why?

I know this was a ramble, but the stars are aligning, what with the extra points available and another family of close friends being available for these dates, making a GV both doable and realistic (there will be 9 of us).

And if I have a choice, I'd like to be able to at least make the right request even though I know it's just that - a request.
Old 05-05-2013, 04:13 PM   #2235
Nonsuch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If I'm correct, are there big differences between the HA GV and the other as far as the changes made to MAKE it HA?
Handicap Accessible Grand Villa
The master bath has a separate room for the toilet and roll-in shower, but there is still a jacuzzi tub in the usual location.
Quote:
For those of you who have stayed in GV at VGC, which would you pick and why?
The HA GV has an amazing park view, the best view in the entire hotel
This is the Disney version of a Rainman Suite

Quote:
...I'd like to be able to at least make the right request even though I know it's just that - a request.
HA bookings are not a request, they are guaranteed

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: