Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2013, 09:21 PM   #16
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by piglet too View Post
I think that shirt was from 2 years ago.
Shows you where I am!

Yes, it's from Aug 2011. But yahoo was just posting it yesterday (again, apparently). Stupid me, I forget that Yahoo has to keep us interested and will dig up old stories as "news".

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:22 PM   #17
Cantw8
This is blasphemy. You all need to zip it now
..I'm scared..hold me...
You can run..
I think her signiture makes her butt look big
I do have a life ya know

I hope they are apologizing for having a crappy clothing selection
Register to remove

Old 05-02-2013, 09:31 PM   #18
denisenh
All I can do is lie down
It has a thing hanging off the end
When i get the urge to show off, a tiny voice inside my head says "resist the urge". So i shut my mouth and stand still.

i think the apology commercial is lame, reminds me of the netfix mess. and it leaves me trying to figure out what i am not "seeing" because i liked the pre apology jcpenney changes.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:33 PM   #19
piglet too
I will take a Mudslide please
I do not actually eat the peppers, I just squirt
I'll never forget laying on my bed and seeing the mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post
Shows you where I am!

Yes, it's from Aug 2011. But yahoo was just posting it yesterday (again, apparently). Stupid me, I forget that Yahoo has to keep us interested and will dig up old stories as "news".
Yahoo is pretty bad about that

I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death.
piglet too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:40 PM   #20
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantw8 View Post
I hope they are apologizing for having a crappy clothing selection

mommyrosa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:08 PM   #21
minniecarousel
Chris Isaak fan
I'll take my earthquakes over tornadoes & hurricanes any day!
What's up with ruining corn by "creaming" it?

I was in there today with my $10 off a $25 purchase. The clothes in my size were so old-lady-looking (like the stuff my Mom would order on-line, not JCP). I usually shop at Chico's, Coldwater Creek and Macy's. I tried on a few things, after asking a clerk where I could try them on. She pointed to a fitting room and I told her there were alrready 3 women waiting there (I knew there was a closed fitting room behind me). She let me use the empty room.

I almost left without using that lovely coupon, but I saw a Sharks long-sleeved thermal marked $25, so I got it for $15 plus tax.

I won't be back.

minniecarousel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:38 AM   #22
mhsjax
DIS Veteran

I seem to be the opposite here. I NEVER go to JC Penney. Hate the store with a passion. My DD needed a dress for a banquet and dance at school. We saw a friend pulling into their parking lot so we followed them inside. My DD found a dress within 5 minutes, great price and it fit. We looked around and both remarked that we saw so much that we liked in the store, and in the past we could wander around for an hour and not find one decent thing. Unlike others I saw stuff that isn't old lady looking , or totally trashy looking for my DD, plus it was easier to navigate, before it looked like people cam in and literally crammed everything they could into one store. Total mess and ugly .

I actually like the store now much better than what it was, which was total crap IMHO.
mhsjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:40 AM   #23
happygirl
DIS Veteran

Is Ellen still going to be there spokesperson
happygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:17 AM   #24
snapppyd

Is the daughter a member of the Dis?
Every day seems to be April Fool's Day on the Dis lately

Location: Donna Reedville Mind Blown, Reeking Lumstown, OlderthanDirtboro, Only post the good ones, They Must be done away with at all costs,USA

I went to JCP a couple of weeks ago to look for some summer clothes. I'm in my '50's, don't want to dress like an old lady. BUT, everything I saw looked like it was for a 14 year old.

Then I went to the Macy's in the same mall (Toms River, NJ). OMG, that was worse! It was like Kohl's - all different racks with 50% or 60% off - it looked like a bargain basement store. I noticed it was the same poor quality as Kohl's but with different labels.

I don't know where to shop anymore

The tag fairy loves me

snapppyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:46 AM   #25
HM
A tag from the TF is better than a personalized licence plate

Count me and my 17yrDD as being among those that liked it when they changed the store to no coupon and better daily prices. We don't shop all that much, so we only stepped in there a couple of times, but did find some things we liked and bought because of the prices. It's much easier for the 'non-shopper' to deal with that kind of store, knowing the prices aren't going to come down next week and you don't need to have a coupon. You can pick up something without 'working' for it. I'm sorry they changed back.
HM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:52 AM   #26
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

I'm in the minority, I guess - I LOVE the new JCP and hate the old one. I never used to shop there but I love the Mango, Joe Fresh, JCP, L'Amour, etc. sections and whole dollar pricing. REALLY hope that they don't lose those brands and go back to the ugly, old lady clothes from before...

Everything at my JCP is organized, looks modern and sleek, and checkout is easy. Maybe it's just a difference in stores?
Old 05-03-2013, 07:57 AM   #27
bdcp
DIS Veteran

I occasionally shop there and their merchandise has become so "cheap" with the changes they had made. I have bought nothing there since the change. I don't mind the way the store looks, but bring back more name brands please. Personally, I think Target has better quality clothing than JCP right now.
Shades of Green Nov 08

Shades of Green Oct 11
Shades of Green Nov 13
bdcp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:57 AM   #28
aristocatz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by denisenh View Post
i think the apology commercial is lame, reminds me of the netfix mess. and it leaves me trying to figure out what i am not "seeing" because i liked the pre apology jcpenney changes.
At least they apologized which I don't recall Netflix doing for their awful decision making......although Netflix has majorly redeemed themselves with their Disney streaming videos contract & that new online series.

I was never a big JCP shopper, though I did start shopping there a bit when Ellen G. was their spokesperson, as a way to support them when that awful group OMM's was after them.

I think it is a bold move to apologize for their poor choice making. I feel, if they want to really get people back into their stores though, they need to do some sort of big promotion or sweepstakes or something. My DH & I were talking last night that they should do something similar to WDW's YOAMD, where random customers win various prizes when they get run up at the cash register-from little things like coupons or small JCP gift cards to a few bigger prizes. Run the promotion for a month & I'd bet they might see more customers

aristocatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:29 AM   #29
Ruthiesmama
Mouseketeer

Netflix sent an email that basically said "we were idiots". It was when they changed the name of the DVD service and made it separate for a minute. They didn't do any ads with apologies that I recall.

About the only time I shop at JC Penneys is at Christmas time if I see something in the ad. I used to buy my daughter clothes there when she wore 6x and below but after 6x the clothes weren't as cute and I could get better deals and quality elsewhere. I also never find anything for me in there- the style just isn't what I like. I never went in during the time period of the changes though. I do enjoy Sephora being in there but it's not enough to bring me into the store.

2012 Off Property (Gaylord Palms and Crowne Plaza)
2013 (upcoming) Pop Century
Ruthiesmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:37 AM   #30
ez
Yoshi Lover
Alas, I have been a dvc and concierge snob (but I'll stay in a moderate if I must)

I have to put a plug in here for Ross. I am 50 and I find amazing dresses that I am always getting compliments on, for under 10 bucks. Seems crazy. Very cute clothes that dont look like youre trying to be 14 but dont make you look like grandma either. The secret to Ross is you have to go in there a lot and be happy leaving empty handed. If you find something it will be the only one they have. It is right next to the grocery store I go to so I pop in there all the time. I have also gotten decorative stuff and bed stuff in there. Really cannot rave enough about it, feels so good to be getting compliments on my "look" again!!!!
ez is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: