Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2013, 10:02 PM   #91
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by happygirl View Post
Does this bother anyone else, you can get a million lives from friends, but the only allow you to have 5 lives max?
If you play on a PC, you will lose them, but if you play on the mobile version, you can "x" out of taking them until you need them.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:04 PM   #92
happygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
If you play on a PC, you will lose them, but if you play on the mobile version, you can "x" out of taking them until you need them.
Thank you didn't know that
happygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2013, 10:26 PM   #93
happygirl
DIS Veteran

Candy Crush has posted on FB it there one year anniversary and they are giving away 100 lives if you click on like and then download something. has any one tried this? I'm afraid it some sort of virus
happygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:48 PM   #94
gm
DIS Veteran

I just started playing it and I have no idea what I am doing
gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:55 PM   #95
Diznygrl
Disneyland Fanatic
But really, let's get real. I've never met a donut I didn't like

Well I just started playing this obnoxious game about a week ago, and I'm on level 32 I think. Anyway, I don't have Facebook (I play the game on an iPhone), but I read on this thread something about having to have Facebook friends "clear" you in order to get to new areas, or else you have to pay?? Is this just if you play through Facebook or does it apply to the mobile version as well? If you don't do FB or pay $$, does it just give you a "timeout" until you can start playing again?

I'd like to know before I waste too much time on this game...I have absolutely no intention of starting up a FB account or paying for it, so if there will come a time where I can't advance without doing one or the other, I'm out.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:08 PM   #96
ashley0139
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diznygrl View Post
Well I just started playing this obnoxious game about a week ago, and I'm on level 32 I think. Anyway, I don't have Facebook (I play the game on an iPhone), but I read on this thread something about having to have Facebook friends "clear" you in order to get to new areas, or else you have to pay?? Is this just if you play through Facebook or does it apply to the mobile version as well? If you don't do FB or pay $$, does it just give you a "timeout" until you can start playing again?

I'd like to know before I waste too much time on this game...I have absolutely no intention of starting up a FB account or paying for it, so if there will come a time where I can't advance without doing one or the other, I'm out.
Yes, that time will come. I play only on the iphone but you have to connect through Facebook and get your friends to give you "tickets" to advance. Or pay .99 every 10 levels or so.

Pre-Trip Report 2009: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2293006

Pop Century October 19-26, 2011

Pre-Trip Report 2011: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2796928
Trip Report 2011:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2867080
ashley0139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:06 AM   #97
It'sWDW4me
Fairly new... still gets a tag :)
HOLD THE PHONE!
I think it's easier to reason with a CHIMPANZEE than to reason with a tween/early teen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diznygrl View Post

Sorry - I had to laugh. I had absolutely no intention of setting up a FB account, either. "Had" being the operative word. And then I met Candy Crush. Started on my son's iPod and wound up jonesing when he went away for a weekend. Resistance was futile. I caved and started a FB account but I have it locked down pretty tight (I think I do, anyway).

WDW Commando Member #120

Me; DS (18); Bear (7); Cosmo (7? He's a stray who found his home with us)

No more tickers for a very long while.

March 1986 - offsite; March 2002 - offsite; August 2006 - POP; August 2007 - OKW (free upgrade from ASMo!); August 2008 - POR; August 2010 - CBR ; August 2012 - DCL's Fantasy ; July 2013 - POP & 1st solo trip!
It'sWDW4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:13 AM   #98
mtemm
Doubly blessed
Ever just have one of those days?
I occasionally make a split breast for dh

I just started a week ago and really wish I hadn't! this is not good for me at all. so far I haven't linked it thru facebook. somewhere in the 30s I ended up just paying the $.99 to continue on.

not sure I want to link it thru facebook at all. what are the advantages? how do friends give you lives, etc?
mtemm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:28 AM   #99
Starbrite
DIS'ing since 2004........... Didn't like my old name ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xApril View Post
I've been on stuck on level 65 for months now.

Ugggh I've been stuck on 65 for a week. I hate this game. It's consumed my whole life. But I can't give up - I'm not a quitter....must beat 65!!!!
Starbrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:37 AM   #100
NAB
That first page just got too heavy
Maybe I am the gloved one and have an inside scoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtemm View Post
I just started a week ago and really wish I hadn't! this is not good for me at all. so far I haven't linked it thru facebook. somewhere in the 30s I ended up just paying the $.99 to continue on.

not sure I want to link it thru facebook at all. what are the advantages? how do friends give you lives, etc?
You just ask your friend that are on fb to send you lives and you can send one to them they send one back, Then when you get to the ticket part you ask your friends to send you a ticket.

I have yet to pay for anything on FB and I am on level 132. Some levels take for ever and I just get lucky to move on.
NAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:49 AM   #101
torismom
DIS Veteran

What is the secret of passing level 70? It is going to be the death of me.. I have been stuck forever. Common sense is to get rid of the hateful chocolate. It just does not work that way.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:27 AM   #102
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by torismom View Post
What is the secret of passing level 70? It is going to be the death of me.. I have been stuck forever. Common sense is to get rid of the hateful chocolate. It just does not work that way.
I finally passed it with 1 star. Don't get sucked into trying to break all the candies out of the cages. Break through one and then concentrate on clearing the chocolate under the cages. ETA, a sideways striped candy helps at the right location too where it will take out the chocolate to the right. I felt really stoopid once I realized that stripes on the candies indicated which way they clear once matched.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:30 AM   #103
LJC1861
DIS Veteran
Suffers from a Tag Fairy Complex

Level 65 was awful! I was stuck on that one for about 2 weeks. Darn near drove me insane. I am now on 79 and stuck again. Sigh.......

Linda
LJC1861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:37 AM   #104
erin1715
DIS Veteran

I've reached the level somewhere in the 30s where you either have to pay to continue or ask your friends on Facebook to give you lives...I refuse to do either one so I deleted Candy Crush from my phone. I will not pay for this game when I can play other games for free, and I refuse to be that obnoxious person on Facebook who is constantly annoying people with game requests. So bye bye Candy Crush.
erin1715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:42 AM   #105
Gina
Remembers the Great DIS Board Crash of '99
The planning is half the fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbrite View Post
Ugggh I've been stuck on 65 for a week. I hate this game. It's consumed my whole life. But I can't give up - I'm not a quitter....must beat 65!!!!

OMG, level 65... This game is of the devil anyway, but level 65 has its own cocentric circle of hell. I am never going to get past this level!!

Find me on... Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest
Gina (Me - 47) ~ DS (18) ~ DBF (47)
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: