Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 03:40 PM   #3046
mejo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebraska_Disney View Post
When I faxed in my request for our March trip to POR, I did not receive a response. When I got there, I received my "first choice" of the 4 room numbers that I requested in my fax. So, I am guessing they did receive it :-)
Cool, Thanks, I was not concerned until I saw someone got a response.

Old 05-02-2013, 04:02 PM   #3047
GaSleepingBeautyFan
DIS Veteran

Well, I'm here now at POR. I decided to leave my room selection to Disney and am in Alligator Bayou.

The decor is very different than the Mansions where I usually stay but I kind of like it. I need to get my bearings better though. It took me 30 minutes last night to find my room from the bus stop after I got back from MK. I got all turned around and the nighttime lighting isn't enough for me. It was pretty comical.

It's also a bit of a hike to the food court so I decided against getting a refillable mug. I just bought some bottle drinks for my breaktime in the room.

I can't believe I got into Disney's wireless internet. Hopefully I'll be able to do so again later in the trip.

The resort is still nice as usual and I'm having fun despite all of the rain. Have poncho will play is my motto this trip!

Connie

WDW: 16 family trips, 10 solo trips - resorts stayed at: offisite(6) AoA, AKL(2), BWI, CR (2), WL (2), CBR, CSR, POFQ (3), POP (3), POR (6) ASMo, ASMu
DISNEYLAND: 1 family trip, 2 1 day trips chaperoning
US/IOA: 5 family trips
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-02-2013, 04:10 PM   #3048
Nebraska_Disney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaSleepingBeautyFan View Post

It's also a bit of a hike to the food court so I decided against getting a refillable mug. I just bought some bottle drinks for my breaktime in the room.
!
If you got a package, I know that the refillable mugs are included now for each guest on the reservation. You can refill them....Down by the Riverside, Down by the Riverside....
Old 05-02-2013, 05:21 PM   #3049
bartleby1
DIS Veteran

Quote:

If you got a package, I know that the refillable mugs are included now for each guest on the reservation. You can refill them....Down by the Riverside, Down by the Riverside....
Are they included with all packages? Or only if you have the dining plan?

Thanks!
Old 05-02-2013, 05:28 PM   #3050
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartleby1 View Post
Are they included with all packages? Or only if you have the dining plan?

Thanks!
Only if the dining plan is part of the package. Just room and tickets, no.
Old 05-02-2013, 05:29 PM   #3051
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If you got a package, I know that the refillable mugs are included now for each guest on the reservation.
That is true only if the dining plan is part of your package.
Old 05-02-2013, 05:40 PM   #3052
momofboyz3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaSleepingBeautyFan View Post
Well, I'm here now at POR. I decided to leave my room selection to Disney and am in Alligator Bayou.

The decor is very different than the Mansions where I usually stay but I kind of like it. I need to get my bearings better though. It took me 30 minutes last night to find my room from the bus stop after I got back from MK. I got all turned around and the nighttime lighting isn't enough for me. It was pretty comical.

I can't believe I got into Disney's wireless internet. Hopefully I'll be able to do so again later in the trip.

The resort is still nice as usual and I'm having fun despite all of the rain. Have poncho will play is my motto this trip!
Can you please keep us (me) updated on your experience? I'm staying @POR the end of this month and figure I will leave my room up to the disney POR pixies. Never been before so I would love to hear about it!!!! Thanks have a blast!
Old 05-02-2013, 05:53 PM   #3053
bartleby1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post

Only if the dining plan is part of the package. Just room and tickets, no.
Aww... Bummer. That's kind of what I thought but the way the other person replied it almost sounded like it was for any package. I thought that was too good to be true, lol! Oh well!
Old 05-02-2013, 07:54 PM   #3054
luciagirl
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drjkowens View Post
Very true. You can use the child care anywhere on property. We will often drop of the kids at the Beach/Yacht Club childcare and then head over to the Yachtsman or Flying Fish (our favorites) for a wonderful dinner. Long time ago, when you checked in, you received a coupon book. In the back was a coupon for childcare (15% off I think). Good luck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
I don't think POR does, but you can use any of the kids clubs at any of the other resorts that do. You don't have to be staying at that resort.
Thank you for the great info. Now I have one more question. If I want to bring the kids to the kids club at the swan and dolphin, how do I get there from the Riverside? It seems to be the closest to the boardwalk where we can have dinner and a drink and not be to far from the kids. Thanks again!
Old 05-02-2013, 08:01 PM   #3055
TarrahA
Mouseketeer

SkywayGuy, another wow! Lol I apologize if I sound sexist, I'm just not accustomed to seeing that kind of organization skills in men outside of a workplace. But then again, I may just not have come into contact with any b/c I am a hardcore type A personality that plans & organizes to the point of obsession and there's only room for one of those in each house lol The men in my life have always been the "you wanna do what? How much is it going to cost? When? Ok, that sounds fun" type. Which is perfect for me!!!
Old 05-02-2013, 08:12 PM   #3056
Dixiemom
DIS Veteran

Andrewilley.....

Do the Recreation Activities Schedule come out on the first of the month? Can't wait to see the schedule for June

Lynn, mom of 2

DS 14, DD 10
Old 05-02-2013, 08:13 PM   #3057
headedtoWDW
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatyDot View Post
We are traveling in November with our son who will be almost 5 when we travel. For anyone who has stayed in one, the Royal rooms look beautiful, but are they too "girly" for a boy?
I didn't think they were 'girly' at all really. Now, I was with a 5 year old girl but the colours are neutral and it's just very lovely. Go for it!
Old 05-02-2013, 08:42 PM   #3058
Eeyore's My Favorite
EW Disney Mom

Question - DH & I always stay in a Preferred AB room. Has anyone stayed in a Riverview Room at Magnolia Bend? Are they nice, and pretty convenient to get to Ol Man Island and the food court, etc. or are they quite a hike? I've gotten spoiled by staying in Bldgs 14 & 18 in AB & they're so close to food court, bus & a quiet pool, but for a fall trip we were thinking about a different location. TIA for all your info!

Well - the AP's have run out so it's time to begin saving again for the big 30th Wedding Anniversary Celebration.

AKL, CBR, WL, POP, POR, ASMo, ASMu, AS Sports, Fort Wilderness -1973-Grad Night : 1st WDW visit the year it opened!!
Old 05-02-2013, 08:47 PM   #3059
Eeyore's My Favorite
EW Disney Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryj11 View Post
Do you have any photos of building 18 ? We were thinking of requesting it to be close to the quiet pool ? I would love to see some photos. I have searched and found maybe 2 but they were far away and I couldnt see much lol
Sorry - no pictures. The Bayou buildings all look identical from the outside. We were in room 1805 ground floor probably right in the middle of the building cuz it was close to the ice machine, etc. I really liked the room layout because it had good storage & a door on the bathroom vs. building 14 which had the curtains across the bathroom area. We really enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere and the quiet pool too. Have fun!!

Well - the AP's have run out so it's time to begin saving again for the big 30th Wedding Anniversary Celebration.

AKL, CBR, WL, POP, POR, ASMo, ASMu, AS Sports, Fort Wilderness -1973-Grad Night : 1st WDW visit the year it opened!!
Old 05-02-2013, 09:15 PM   #3060
Shaden
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore's My Favorite View Post
Question - DH & I always stay in a Preferred AB room. Has anyone stayed in a Riverview Room at Magnolia Bend? Are they nice, and pretty convenient to get to Ol Man Island and the food court, etc. or are they quite a hike? I've gotten spoiled by staying in Bldgs 14 & 18 in AB & they're so close to food court, bus & a quiet pool, but for a fall trip we were thinking about a different location. TIA for all your info!
According to the map, and to whats posted at Portorleans.org, the riverviews are very close to Ol' man island.

Hopefully I can tell you for sure in 2 days 16 hours or so
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: