Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2013, 02:24 PM   #1276
Rogue26
DIS Veteran

Ellen- Matthew is very fortunate to have a job lined up. It is very scary to be job hunting now. We are fortunate that we can live on my husbands income and supplement with my seasonal income but I haven't been able to find a year round job and I've been looking for a while now. Since I don't "need" a year round job I can be a bit picky, but it's still discouraging. The only jobs around here are nursing and construction- I would stink equally at either one of those!

Nancy- the extra year will go by before you know it. My only regret from college is my limited degree.

Gotta go pick up the kiddo.
Rogue26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:56 PM   #1277
Glynis
Taking applications for a WDW tour guide!

Hi, all! Sorry I haven't been around for a couple of days. It's just been too nice to be inside! However, that's about to change. Just like Ellen, we are in for more winter weather. No snow, but a heavy frost. I'm guessing we'll lose our pears and plums. Sigh! Mother Nature is having a good laugh, right about now!

2014 Reading Challenge Goal: 70 books

The Art of Racing in the Rain ~ The House of Hades ~ How To Be Like Walt ~ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ~ The Seven Mouths of God ~ Behind the Beautiful Forevers ~ The Mysterious Affair at Styles ~ The Big 5-Oh ~ A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare ~ Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children ~ Wait Till Next Year ~ While We Were Watching Downton Abbey ~ Great Expectations ~ The Maze Runner ~ The Fault In Our Stars ~ The Juliet Club ~ The Girls' Guide to Love and Supper Clubs ~ The Power of One ~ The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat ~ Hollow City ~ The Fountainhead ~ Cat's Cradle ~ Speaking From Among The Bones ~ Death Comes to Pemberley ~ Quilt or Innocence ~ The Chocolate Thief ~ On Strike for Christmas ~ Bikini Season ~ Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker ~ Miss Dreamsville and the Collier County Women's Literary Society ~ Cinnamon Roll Murder ~ Red Velvet Cupcake Murder ~ Blackberry Pie Murder ~ Home To Holly Springs ~ In The Company of Others ~ The Devil in the White City ~ Gathering Blue ~ The Messenger ~ The Bell Jar ~ The Boys in the Boat ~ The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches
Glynis is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-01-2013, 06:01 AM   #1278
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

It downright cold here tonight. Winter is definitely setting in for a spell. Been raining as well.

Life's busy with work and DS' activities and music practice. Most days, DH and I just flake out on the couch at night and then crash in bed. Anyone remember what life was like when we were all in our 20's??

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:33 AM   #1279
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
It downright cold here tonight. Winter is definitely setting in for a spell. Been raining as well.

Life's busy with work and DS' activities and music practice. Most days, DH and I just flake out on the couch at night and then crash in bed. Anyone remember what life was like when we were all in our 20's??
No. It was that long ago!
Old 05-01-2013, 06:37 AM   #1280
PrincessInOz
in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancyg56 View Post
No. It was that long ago!
I know, right?

But I did sit here last night wondering how I managed on 4 or 5 hours sleep a night and pulling all-nighters!

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Old 05-01-2013, 07:41 AM   #1281
Glynis

Quote:

Nope. Can't remember that far back! However, I'm watching my 15 year old daughter warming up to it, and it kind of makes me crazy! It's year end testing here, and she's been up every night since Sunday night studying for one or more tests. Poor thing! She's exhausted! She's really looking forward to Saturday. She plans to sleep in, and then get ready for the Anti-Prom. She and a group of her friends who are not going to Prom, are holding a huge Pajama party with junk food and movies. I imagine that will go until the wee hours of Sunday morning, and then we start all over again!

The Art of Racing in the Rain ~ The House of Hades ~ How To Be Like Walt ~ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ~ The Seven Mouths of God ~ Behind the Beautiful Forevers ~ The Mysterious Affair at Styles ~ The Big 5-Oh ~ A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare ~ Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children ~ Wait Till Next Year ~ While We Were Watching Downton Abbey ~ Great Expectations ~ The Maze Runner ~ The Fault In Our Stars ~ The Juliet Club ~ The Girls' Guide to Love and Supper Clubs ~ The Power of One ~ The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat ~ Hollow City ~ The Fountainhead ~ Cat's Cradle ~ Speaking From Among The Bones ~ Death Comes to Pemberley ~ Quilt or Innocence ~ The Chocolate Thief ~ On Strike for Christmas ~ Bikini Season ~ Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker ~ Miss Dreamsville and the Collier County Women's Literary Society ~ Cinnamon Roll Murder ~ Red Velvet Cupcake Murder ~ Blackberry Pie Murder ~ Home To Holly Springs ~ In The Company of Others ~ The Devil in the White City ~ Gathering Blue ~ The Messenger ~ The Bell Jar ~ The Boys in the Boat ~ The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches
Old 05-02-2013, 01:42 PM   #1282
Rogue26
DIS Veteran

Glynis- anti prom sounds like fun a fun time. A great way to relax from all the end of the year studying.

PIO- hope you are enjoying the cooler weather, it's always refreshing at first.

We have been enjoying the most amazing weather, low sixties and SUN! Not a drop of rain in the forecast. Of course I just planted grass. Off to enjoy some of that sunshine.
Old 05-02-2013, 05:47 PM   #1283
bigmerle1966
Photobucket
OH MY STARS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerKat View Post
Hey y'all. I feel so bad that I don't have time to read back and chat with each of you. This is probably the worst part of this whole mess, I miss you all terribly. I've been a part of your lives for years and now I'm not. I think of each of you and keep you in my prayers every day, never doubt that.

Hello all. Been busy here as usual and now dealing with something in my hands. I tell you, I am just falling apart. And I don't have time for this.

I went to the Dr. today and have to go for an ex-ray and some blood work to test for a few things. He told me to come back in a couple of weeks and in the meantime would call me if something horrific came up with the tests. Had to laugh at that one. He also gave me some better pain pills, Na something or other, and I am on my way to get that now. I have been taking Aleve but this stuff is a little stronger and I am a little leery about taking as much Aleve as I have been. Don't need liver problems too.
POR/AKL 12/02 POR(overnight stay)11/04 POR 6/21-6/29/05 POP 12/10-12/18/05 OKW 6/16-6/22/06 BWI 12/06 POP 9/7-9/10/06 OKW- Girls week May 07 POLY 7/5 to 7/9/07 POP 9/1 to 9/9/07 POP 11/1-11/6/07 POP 12/19 to 12/26/08 For Noah For delswife. LYMI
........... Oh Chachi!..... Bird Flu Hits Trailer Park- News at 11 Duchess Ohmystars of Rearkickerstown
bigmerle1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:45 PM   #1284
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Marilyn- the meds are not controlling the pain? That is not good at all! I hope that the new ones help

Glynis- I missed the Anti-Prom party! I think that is a great idea! On the news the other day I heard that folks spend between $1000 and $1500 on a prom these days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When did that happen???????

Robin- I agree , the weather has been gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Well I am on the home stretch!!!!!!!!!! About two more real weeks of classes. I need to spend all day tomorrow on papers that are due Saturday. And tomorrow night Marisa and I have a test to work on. The professor is okay with collaboration. Marisa does not need to collaborate with anyone, but her phone rings off the hook during test weekends.....her average is 100%

I got approved to change my degree program today. I am going for one more year!
Old 05-03-2013, 05:46 AM   #1285
PrincessInOz
in

Glynis - I think the Anti-Prom is a great idea. If nothing else, it sounds a LOT cheaper for you.

Robin - Enjoy the grass and sunshine. It is definitely cooler over here and whilst it is a refreshing change from the long summer, I'm wondering how cold and wet it will get this year.

Marilyn - So sorry about your hands. Take care of yourself and I hope the new meds work. I hope there is nothing seriously wrong.

Nancy - That sounds like one smart Marisa! WOW! And congrats about getting your course changed......and for the extra year.

Old 05-03-2013, 07:32 AM   #1286
Glynis

Morning, everyone!

Well, the Anti-Prom is tonight, and I was just informed it will be at my house. Oh well. Nothing like a gaggle of giggling girls to transform a house. I won't have to do anything, Katie promises. We'll see! The girls are bringing their own munchies, but I may set out a bowl of cookie dough, etc., for them.

Marilyn - I hope the new meds work on the pain. Keep us updated, ok?

Nancy - Congratulations on the major change! You are doing so well, and we are all so proud of you! For the record, I can't imagine spending that much money on a Prom date! My sister and I have been cruising yard/garage sales for the last several years, buying up prom dresses when we find them. She stores them at her house, and now we have a stash of about 15 dresses in all sizes, so girls from her neighborhood, and mine can look through them, and borrow them. My sister does minor sewing on them to make them look exactly like the girls want them, and it seems to work. Sure saves a ton of money!

PIO - the massage sounds really good, right now!

Things here are a bit rocky, right now. Leslie is going through another rough patch, and we are just trying to ride it out, until we can see someone. We have an appointment with our GP tomorrow so he can see her and recommend that she see a therapist (insurance instructions), so hopefully we can get that all worked out. It just breaks my heart to see what she's going through. On top of that, Alan is working out of town until tonight, so he's been gone, and that always puts Leslie on edge. Now, Timmy is telling me his tummy hurts. Guess it's always going to be something!

I can't tell y'all how happy I'll be when Alan's school is over. He's promised me a solo trip somewhere to pay me back for all the "single parenting." I really need it! I don't know how single moms and dads do it all the time! My hat is off to them!

Dinner tonight is up in the air! Depends on the anti prom, I guess.

Old 05-03-2013, 07:49 AM   #1287
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Oh Glynis My heart is breaking for both you and Leslie. I remember how Daniels tics were, but he was young and very much secure, kind of kid who had his own drum and did not care. That made it so much easier for us because if he was not upset, we did not need to be, KWIM?A girl Leslie's age? Not so much, poor thing. It is hard enough to get through that time but add anxiety and it is awful.

I agree that you need some time away and it will do the kids good to have some alone time with Alan. I wish there was more we could do to help

Now- Enjoy the AntiProm! I also would never spend that kind of money s I was when I saw it on TV. I remember when Marisa was in HS. She was like Katie, had a lot of friends and made her own rules about what they needed to do (kind of like she is today) so our house was always filled with them having their "special events". I miss those days!

On a side note, you all remember how Buddy does nto do well with Kady growing up? Well, he has two new little ones who refuse to stay babies . Last year Welby discovered that Buddy treasures the pictures of the kids more than anything money can buy when she gave him a coffee cup with the girls smiling at him. This year she had a calendar made with photos of the girls on every page. There is one with Rylee holding her beloved blankie, two little fingers in her mouth, and her crystal blue eyes wide open. Kind of wistful. He told me he is going to miss that picture This letting the little ones grow up is not going well with him

So it is beautiful here today! I am stuck inside my dusty house, writing final papers for tomorrow's class.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:52 AM   #1288
bigmerle1966
Photobucket
OH MY STARS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancyg56 View Post
Marilyn- the meds are not controlling the pain? That is not good at all! I hope that the new ones help
They help it's just that to completely knock it out I need to take more than recommended and I don't want to damage my innards. I have enough problems.

It is hard to kids grow up. Every time I look at pictures of the kids when they were little it makes me cry.

Quote:
Marilyn - So sorry about your hands. Take care of yourself and I hope the new meds work. I hope there is nothing seriously wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glynis View Post
Marilyn - I hope the new meds work on the pain. Keep us updated, ok?
Thank you, and yes I will keep you updated.

Glynis- hopefully you can get Leslie some help.
POR/AKL 12/02 POR(overnight stay)11/04 POR 6/21-6/29/05 POP 12/10-12/18/05 OKW 6/16-6/22/06 BWI 12/06 POP 9/7-9/10/06 OKW- Girls week May 07 POLY 7/5 to 7/9/07 POP 9/1 to 9/9/07 POP 11/1-11/6/07 POP 12/19 to 12/26/08 For Noah For delswife. LYMI
........... Oh Chachi!..... Bird Flu Hits Trailer Park- News at 11 Duchess Ohmystars of Rearkickerstown
bigmerle1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:07 PM   #1289
Rogue26
DIS Veteran

Glynis- you will be the most awesome mom ever if you put out a bowl of cookie dough!

Marilyn- I have chronic pain but I feel I'm to young to be taking pain pills, it's just not worth the risk to my liver. I hope you're able to find something that helps.

My favorite dinner tonight- leftovers!

Last edited by Rogue26; 05-03-2013 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Not checking my work
Old 05-03-2013, 05:55 PM   #1290
PrincessInOz
in

Glynis - I hope things turn around for Leslie.
Hope Anti-Prom and the cookie dough went well and YAY for a solo trip.

Nancy - Buddy sounds like my DH. He just wants to baby DS a LOT; even though DS is going to hit teenage years this year. I suspect DH is going to have a hard time when DS gets to the stage of wanting to spread his wings.

Marilyn - Take care!

Robin - Enjoy leftovers. I had leftover pumpkin soup for dinner last night.

It's Saturday today and the morning started out sunny and bright. Not 30 minutes later, the clouds have rolled in. We've been promised rain by lunchtime.
The weather forecasters have predicted that the real cold of winter will not get here for another 3 weeks.
Really? That would make it around the 1 June. Hmmm.....that's the official START date of winter.
How much money do they pay these forecasters????

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: