Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2013, 05:41 PM   #91
charliegirl76
Mouseketeer

And one final post today.....DF bought this for me after I drooled all over it. I'm super happy about it too. I got the idea from another bride on the board. We bought this Olszewski Pokitpal to hold our rings during the ceremony.

Front:

Back:

And this is what I'd like to do for our guest book. I don't want a traditional guest book because I know I'll never look at it again and, for me, that seems like a waste. I'm not sure if I'll be able to do exactly this because it has to travel, but I'm thinking maybe on a smaller scale....like maybe 3 small canvas that will create a cluster when hung. Anyway, just an idea right now....

Old 04-12-2013, 07:28 PM   #92
Summer Daydream
Mouseketeer

Lol...darn those bad Facebook influences. I can't believe the nerve of some people. Especially ones who had to buy them in both mint and cobalt because they couldn't decide.

I love the tiny daisies!!!! I don't know why, but they strike me as so much fun! And they are so vibrantly colored. I think they would look great as a centerpiece. Also, the kids centerpiece is so cute...and it's multicolored! I think someone on DISbrides had said they lowered the table to the ground and set up pillows on the floor for the kids. That sounds like a cute idea.
Register to remove

Old 04-13-2013, 08:53 PM   #93
Rhiannona
Landlocked Mermaid

I am really enjoying reading along! Gorgeous ideas.
Rhiannona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:27 AM   #94
LittleKittyMarie
DIS Veteran

Oh I love the rainbow colours so, so much! They are so fun and happy! That first rainbow flower centerpiece is so gorgeous. And I also love the idea of the coloured vases with the white flowers, that is a very unique idea!

The make-up choices look great, very dramatic.

And I love the pokitpal idea!

Sorry to hear the shoes weren't the right colour, but they really are still so fabulous! I'd definitely keep them if it was me.
2013 WDW Wedding: BWV & GF | 2013 DCL: Fantasy 7-Night | 2013 ABD: BSM
LittleKittyMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:41 PM   #95
charliegirl76
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Daydream View Post
Lol...darn those bad Facebook influences. I can't believe the nerve of some people. Especially ones who had to buy them in both mint and cobalt because they couldn't decide.

I love the tiny daisies!!!! I don't know why, but they strike me as so much fun! And they are so vibrantly colored. I think they would look great as a centerpiece. Also, the kids centerpiece is so cute...and it's multicolored! I think someone on DISbrides had said they lowered the table to the ground and set up pillows on the floor for the kids. That sounds like a cute idea.
LOL After much deliberation, I decided to send them back. I found another pair I thought would work and DF thought they looked like the same shoe. I took the first shoe out of the box and showed it to him beside my phone so he could see they were different. I put them on and looked at them....something about the color is just off to me and I thought, "I'm never going to wear this color." So back they go!

I'm actually not that fond of daisies, but my MOH loves gerber daisies, so I'm thinking about possibly using those as a nod to her...she's really an inspiration to me. I love the idea of having a low table with pillows....comfy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhiannona View Post
I am really enjoying reading along! Gorgeous ideas.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleKittyMarie View Post
Oh I love the rainbow colours so, so much! They are so fun and happy! That first rainbow flower centerpiece is so gorgeous. And I also love the idea of the coloured vases with the white flowers, that is a very unique idea!

The make-up choices look great, very dramatic.

And I love the pokitpal idea!

Sorry to hear the shoes weren't the right colour, but they really are still so fabulous! I'd definitely keep them if it was me.
I know! All the color just makes me happy when I see it!! See why I'm having a hard time deciding on centerpieces! AAAAHHHH! LOL

Ok, just a couple of updates.....I ordered the pair of shoes mentioned above....and I got them today! Here they are...much closer to the color I'm going for, I think it's close enough to live with! I will need to work on the bows as they are a little "off". They're supposed to be off-centered, but the one on the right shoe is more centered. And I know this is going to sound a little crazy, but the one on the left shoe..the center part that wraps around the center of the bow...well, it's not centered either. I know, I know... But really, it's an easy fix! I'll just take the bows off, fix them, and then reattach them. I know, I'm still crazy.

I was discussing rehearsal dinner dresses with my bridesmaid today. I showed her a dress I'd bought in December. I was thinking about wearing it to a wedding I had this year, but it runs small so it didn't fit....well, still doesn't. But I'm losing weight and so I'm thinking about wearing it for the rehearsal dinner....here is a picture...

And one last thing! The afore mentioned bridesmaid? That's my new bridesmaid!! She and I have been friends since high school....20 years! OMG, that makes me feel old! Anyway, I'd already purchased another of the bridesmaid dresses for fear they would sell out. She came and tried it on, we'll need to get it altered, but I'm beyond happy she said yes. She has been MUCH more interested in helping me plan. I sent her an email (or 3) with everything I have so far and she loved everything! Her name is Marlene, here is a picture of us from last year.

Old 04-18-2013, 11:06 PM   #96
Mel*Pie
Mouseketeer

I love the shoes! The bow placement and the middle ribbon being off center would TOTALLY bug me too! You're not crazy at all. It's good that you're crafty enough to fix it.

That rehearsal dinner dress is gorgeous! It's a good choice.

Hurray for happy bridesmaids!
Mel*Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:48 PM   #97
charliegirl76
Mouseketeer

Hello all!

Thank you Mel! I just need one more dress for our dinner at V&A the night after the wedding.

I'm sure most of you saw this on the facebook page, but I figured I'd post here as well anyway. I got my dress in. I can't post a picture of it right now because I don't want to save it to my home computer.....DF is on here more than I am!

I won't be going for alterations until September, so for now, the dress is being stored at my mom's house.

In other news....I bought more shoes. This is it though, I swear! And I didn't really buy them DF bought them for me.

They're Vera Wang (shocking, I know!). I wanted them as soon as I saw them in the spring catalog. When I went to try on dresses I asked about them. The manager told me she wasn't sure they'd ever get them in stock....something about trying to make the shoe at a price point that suited David's Bridal stores. I was crushed!

Anyway, on Monday this past week, I was on the David's Bridal website looking for slippers to buy my girls for the reception. I went to the shoes page, and what do I see? The second shoe pictured on the page! I messaged my MOH to tell her they came in while I was checking to see if they had my size. They didn't. I said to her, "Aww, they're out of my size." She said, "What about in a store?" I said I'd check later. She said, "Hold please, checking now." She tracked the shoes down for me and then asked the sales associate to put them on hold for me so I could go try them on. Love her. Wow, that was a long story....well, here's a picture of the shoes! I'm so in love with them....and no need to fix the bows!!

I'm keeping the pink shoes with the bows...pictured above. I'll wear them to our rehearsal dinner or our dinner at V&A......after fixing the bows. I now need to find a pink petticoat to go under my dress.....must. have. some. pink. under the dress....for pictures.
Old 04-28-2013, 01:42 AM   #98
Mel*Pie
Mouseketeer

Ooohh... those shoes are PERFECT! The pink ones would look nice with that black lacy dress.

BTW, I'm glad you posted here too because I am not on the facebook page. I'm not a bride (or technically engaged) yet so I would feel weird joining a brides group, lol.

I love colored petticoats!
Mel*Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:12 PM   #99
charliegirl76
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel*Pie View Post
Ooohh... those shoes are PERFECT! The pink ones would look nice with that black lacy dress.

BTW, I'm glad you posted here too because I am not on the facebook page. I'm not a bride (or technically engaged) yet so I would feel weird joining a brides group, lol.

I love colored petticoats!
Thank you! Glad you're still reading. Turns out I'll be wearing the pink shoes on my wedding day after all....well, for a little while anyway. I'll explain, but seeing the men's tuxes will help the vision along.

Last weekend we went to get the tux rentals taken care of....Men's Wearhouse. My mom and brother came with us. Our consultant was super helpful and nice...though at first I thought I would have to walk out. She did know all about them delivering to Disney and made sure those arrangements were made, so that made me very happy.

But first, a guy walked up to us, we all introduced ourselves and then he started talking to DF, asking questions and whatnot. DF said, "Um, she knows everything." So, the guy started telling me some stuff and I looked at him and said, "I want the Vera Wang suit, all black with a color tie." He said, "Oh, wow, you certainly DO know what you want!" LOL He directed us to the consultant that works in the formal wear/rental area. She asked what we were looking for and I pointed at the Vera Wang suit they had displayed. The mannequin with the suit I wanted was standing right next to me. I said, "That one. In black." She thought I was talking about the tux next to it (and slightly behind me). I said, "No. This one." She said, "In grey." I said, "I want the gray suit, but I want it to be black." She finally understood....thank goodness because I was already getting irritated.

Then she asked some other questions, about the vest, shirt, ties...etc. I told her I wanted everything black except the ties and the ties would all be different colors. I pulled out my swatches. I don't think, at this point, she was really listening because I pulled out all of my swatches to see all the colors together. Anyway, she kept trying to give us colors that are intended for the bride's side. Finally, I just had to put them away.

We went through the colors and here is what we chose....the first picture is the suit (I don't think I've posted one before), second is all of the colors together, BUT the guys will NOT have colored vests. I only took a picture of the vests to see the color against the swatches. Also, DF and I have decided to buy the guys ties because I wanted solid silk ties, but they didn't have anything that met this criteria....at least not unless I paid $40 or more...um, no. I can find them cheaper almost anywhere. We did go ahead with ordering ties to come with the suits just in case we don't find a color, or if we forget to bring someone's, besides it's included anyway.

Here is, roughly, what everything will look like together with black jacket, vest and shirt.

DF:

Best Man: The color I'm thinking is the darker color, and ultimately, it may even end up a little darker...but still in the turquoise family.

Best Man: This will also end up being the darker of the two colors...and again, may end up being a little darker.

My brother, who will be walking me down the isle:

I had to cut the girl's nails out of the picture....they were a goldenrod color.

So, here's where the shoes come in! The guys tried on shoes....again, they come with the rental. BUT while they were trying them on I was looking at them all dressy and shiny.....they just look so darn uncomfortable. While my brother was trying on his suit and shoes I said to DF, "I'm thinking....maybe, if you like the idea...of the Converse. Those shoes just look so...." We'd been discussing that option for a while, black Converse for all the guys. He said, "I really like the idea of doing that." I said, "Ok. Because we are doing a rock theme and I just don't like those shoes for a rock theme, but I want to include them for the same reasons as the ties." He said, "Yeah, they don't go, but yes, we should still include them....they come with the rental anyway."

I said, "What about getting the Converse to match the color each will be wearing?" Because we'd also discussed this option, just never come to a decision. Well, I think he needed to see everything together...men are visual creatures. He loved the idea even more in the store. I looked at my mom and said, "Do you think Ben will wear Converse?" She wasn't sure...my brother can be picky sometimes. When my brother came out with the dress shoe on I said, "You may not be wearing those." He looked at me like I was crazy. I said, "We're still going to get them with the rental, but I think we just decided to get you guys matching color Converse. So, yours would be green." A stranger would have thought it was his birthday because he got so excited at this! So, yeah. Colored Converse.

On Monday I texted my girls and asked if they wanted to go shoe shopping. They got really excited too! Everyone loves shoe shopping! I said ALL of that to say this....I will be wearing my pink shoes for some photos. I will, most likely, end up with three pair of shoes. The ivory pictured above, the pink (for some photos on the wedding day as well as the rehearsal dinner and our day after dinner at V&A), and a pair of flats for when my feet just can't take it anymore!

In other news, I bought tickets to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party today! Yay, neither of us has ever been, so we're super excited!
Old 05-02-2013, 01:48 PM   #100
KitKat5
Mouseketeer

Hi Joining in!

I love all your plans so far! I think the rock theme/multi colour theme is going to be so great and I especially love the idea of the guys wearing the coloured converse too

You're dress is gorgeous and I love all the shoes!

I cant wait to read more!

KitKat5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:37 PM   #101
Summer Daydream
Mouseketeer

Gah!!!! I had totally spaced on your PJ! I love the shoes that you have to wear with the dress for the ceremony. So pretty. I really am glad you're going to wear your pink shoes...I think it would be awesome to have you in a photo with all the guys and you can be showing off the shoes!

I don't understand why sales people can be so dumb. What is so hard about I want that style suit in black? I'm glad it was all straightened out. And colored Converse, love it! They are my most comfortable pair of bumming around sneakers. I always found dress shows to be kid of ugly for guys anyways.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:14 AM   #102
charliegirl76
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat5 View Post
Hi Joining in!

I love all your plans so far! I think the rock theme/multi colour theme is going to be so great and I especially love the idea of the guys wearing the coloured converse too

You're dress is gorgeous and I love all the shoes!

I cant wait to read more!
Hi and welcome! Thank you for the lovely compliments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Daydream View Post
Gah!!!! I had totally spaced on your PJ! I love the shoes that you have to wear with the dress for the ceremony. So pretty. I really am glad you're going to wear your pink shoes...I think it would be awesome to have you in a photo with all the guys and you can be showing off the shoes!

I don't understand why sales people can be so dumb. What is so hard about I want that style suit in black? I'm glad it was all straightened out. And colored Converse, love it! They are my most comfortable pair of bumming around sneakers. I always found dress shows to be kid of ugly for guys anyways.
LOL No worries, I know I've been spending a lot of time on the facebook page. Though I have been trying to do a lot of research on pricing. I'm getting really nervous that we're going to go WAY over our budget.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:30 AM   #103
LittleKittyMarie
DIS Veteran

I love the new shoes! Both pairs! And I love that you're going to wear multiple pairs of shoes on your wedding day! Some many brides wear multiple dresses, why not multiple shoes for whatever appropriate moment!

I love the coloured vests and those are going to look so fun with the coloured converse! But what is with these salesladies at tuxedo rental places! And $40 to rent a tie!!! Wow!
2013 WDW Wedding: BWV & GF | 2013 DCL: Fantasy 7-Night | 2013 ABD: BSM
LittleKittyMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:57 PM   #104
1000HappyWishes
I know every mile will be my worth my while.

Hullo! I found your PJ today and decided to hop on, a little late, though. I don't know if you've already made a firm decision, but as for a kids table, I'd recommend it as soon as you know how many and if any children are coming. I have a big family, so I attend lots of weddings. I still get stuck at the kids table, and I'm fourteen! So yes, paper and crayons? Heaven.

WDW: 2001, 2003, 2013
Disneyland: 2007
Universal: 2013
1000HappyWishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:41 PM   #105
charliegirl76
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleKittyMarie View Post
I love the new shoes! Both pairs! And I love that you're going to wear multiple pairs of shoes on your wedding day! Some many brides wear multiple dresses, why not multiple shoes for whatever appropriate moment!

I love the coloured vests and those are going to look so fun with the coloured converse! But what is with these salesladies at tuxedo rental places! And $40 to rent a tie!!! Wow!
Thanks! I toyed with the idea of having a reception dress actually....DF asked and I thought about it for about 5 minutes. LOL I just don't want to spend time away from my guests while I'm changing. And I love shoes. I love the pop of color that the ties and shoes give....it is just enough to go with the ladies. OH my, no. $40 to buy the tie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000HappyWishes View Post
Hullo! I found your PJ today and decided to hop on, a little late, though. I don't know if you've already made a firm decision, but as for a kids table, I'd recommend it as soon as you know how many and if any children are coming. I have a big family, so I attend lots of weddings. I still get stuck at the kids table, and I'm fourteen! So yes, paper and crayons? Heaven.
Thank you for your input! I'm thinking if we have 5 or more children, we will definitely be doing a kid's table....and I will definitely be using the butcher paper and crayons!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: