Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-02-2013, 04:31 PM   #12
minkydog
DIS Cast Member
hey! I've got two college degrees and a steady job. if I wanna watch mindless TV, so what?
DIS Official Rum Taster
I used to be in the all-natural camp.

I must admit, I don't get the "I hate camping" sentiment. I've been camping all my life, first in tents and later in campers. But I do understand not wanting to do certain things. For me, it was NYC. I had very negative impressions of NYC and I NEVER wanted to go there, ever. But my DH really, REALLY wanted to see NYC. I put him off for many years and finally decided that it would make him very happy if I just went with him on the trip. Did I love NYC? I liked it well enough. My DH was over the moon and seeing how happy he was made it worth my while.

I suggest that if your DH is asking you to go camping, that you find a way to make it work. It would not be too much to ask your DH to do the set up, campfire, etc, since it is more important to him than to you. He needs to meet you more than halfway, IMO. If he would compromise by choosing a cabin or an RV it might be more fun for you. But really, it's all attitude. If you make it clear that you DON"T want to be there, that you HATE camping, it's lame, nasty, buggy, etc., eventually your DH will stop asking you to go. Which would be a shame really. Your DH just wants to spend some time with you. That's the greatest compliment in the world.

If nothing else, perhaps you all can go camping nearby your house. You could spend the days out at the campground and return at night to shower and sleep in your own house. Maybe you could indulge him by staying ONE SINGLE NIGHT at the campground. I bet he'd be in hog heaven!

Perhaps you can make a deal with your husband. You'll agree to go camping if he agrees to something that you love.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: