Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2013, 04:46 PM   #1
cbeeindisney
DIS Veteran

Romantic Adult Trips

As I begin to plan my wedding and Disney honeymoon, looking at prices and extras, I was wondering what all of you have done either on your anniversaries, honeymoons, special dates, that was new to you, that you did that you were really glad you both did together ... special dinner reservations, special resort, massages, fireworks cruise, horse and carriage, dinner shows?
DF and I will be on a budget and we may be opting for a value resort to stay the extra night or so rather than opt for the deluxe or moderate and have a shorter stay. But I want to know (splurge or not) what some of things were that made your trip extra magical!

ME (28) DF (29)
cbeeindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:12 PM   #2
VbChristy
Mouseketeer

Splurge on Dinner at the California Grill on the top floor of the Contemporary. Book your reservation about 45 minutes before the fireworks and plan to watch them I. Between the appetizer and main course. The waiter will coordinate the timing of the food. The catwalk where you can watch the fireworks is very romantic.
VbChristy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2013, 08:11 AM   #3
kimis
DIS Veteran

My dh and I celebrate our anniversary everytime we get to go (which isn't that often---haven't been there for 5 years). I always plan some surprises for him. The dinners at Narcosses, California Grill, Artist point are fabulous! One year I got a diver at Coral Reef resturant. I don't think you can do that anymore though. It was so cool. The diver came swam up to our table with a sign made for Kevin and Coral Reef had made our own menus with pictures of us on it for him. They might still do the menus not sure. The spas are nice but my husband doesn't like that kind of thing (which he did). You can do the Illuminations boat ride. I like to have a romantic basket sent to our room. There are lots of very nice romantic resorts you can go for nice midnight walks around. You can sit on the beach at Yatch club and watch fireworks. Of course don't forget the bride and groom ears. Congratulations on your wedding!
2007-DL Paradise Pier
2007-DL Candy cane Inn
2007-DL Portofino Inn
2006-POR 2005-POR 2005- DL Paradise Pier 1999-Dixie Landings (1st of many trips-I hope!) 1999- DL Holiday Inn and many more DL trips
kimis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:16 PM   #4
cbeeindisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VbChristy View Post
Splurge on Dinner at the California Grill on the top floor of the Contemporary. Book your reservation about 45 minutes before the fireworks and plan to watch them I. Between the appetizer and main course. The waiter will coordinate the timing of the food. The catwalk where you can watch the fireworks is very romantic.
Thanks for the idea! I always hear great things about California Grill, we'll have to try it! The catwalk sounds awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimis View Post
My dh and I celebrate our anniversary everytime we get to go (which isn't that often---haven't been there for 5 years). I always plan some surprises for him. The dinners at Narcosses, California Grill, Artist point are fabulous! One year I got a diver at Coral Reef resturant. I don't think you can do that anymore though. It was so cool. The diver came swam up to our table with a sign made for Kevin and Coral Reef had made our own menus with pictures of us on it for him. They might still do the menus not sure. The spas are nice but my husband doesn't like that kind of thing (which he did). You can do the Illuminations boat ride. I like to have a romantic basket sent to our room. There are lots of very nice romantic resorts you can go for nice midnight walks around. You can sit on the beach at Yatch club and watch fireworks. Of course don't forget the bride and groom ears. Congratulations on your wedding!
I don't think they do the diver either, but that must've been so cool for the both of you! I would like to do a spa too, but DF isn't too thrilled about it either! I love the idea of walking around the nice resorts, since we won't be staying at them! These are great ideas, thank you!

ME (28) DF (29)
Old 04-25-2013, 08:33 PM   #5
White Rose
Mouseketeer

hmm... this could be cute....

Put a love note in the luggage...end it with....

Meet you for fireworks...poly...beach. and go there ahead of him, all dressed up in something pretty and barefoot.(Carrying shoes, of course!)

I'm having a Hero Medal from the Disney florist delivered to Be our Guest Restuarant during our first night...I am hoping, when it gets closer, I can arrange some type of flourish for it's delivery with the manager.

Last edited by White Rose; 04-25-2013 at 08:42 PM.
White Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:52 PM   #6
ToddyLu
Welcome aboard explorers- I love Mr. Ray

Let him pick the oyster and then the setting for your pearl in Japan. Even my DH was fascinated with that and they are not expensive.
first trip ASMo 2002, ASMo 2003, ASMo 2004 twice, ASMo 2005, POFQ 2006, Pop 2007, Pop 12/2008 with DDP, AKV SV 10/09 with DDP, AKV SV 12/10, AKV 5/11, AKV SV 10/11, AKV 5/12, AKV 10/12, AKV 11/13, AKV 5/14, AKV 10/14, AKV 5/15
My DH loves me for my points!!
ToddyLu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:29 PM   #7
xipetotec
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbeeindisney View Post
As I begin to plan my wedding and Disney honeymoon, looking at prices and extras, I was wondering what all of you have done either on your anniversaries, honeymoons, special dates, that was new to you, that you did that you were really glad you both did together ... special dinner reservations, special resort, massages, fireworks cruise, horse and carriage, dinner shows?
DF and I will be on a budget and we may be opting for a value resort to stay the extra night or so rather than opt for the deluxe or moderate and have a shorter stay. But I want to know (splurge or not) what some of things were that made your trip extra magical!
This might not *seem* like first romantic thoughts, but for us, it was.
When DW turned 30, we had never had a real honeymoon. So we left the kids behind and went on a Disney trip of our own and we went in October. Fantastic!

We did MNSSHP. Not Romantic you say? I don't know, feeling like two kids at night, "trick or treating" in Magic Kingdom was kind of romantic actually.

San Angel Inn. The Interior Mexico atmosphere made for a great romantic dinner without spending the big Victoria and Albert cash.

**Epcot Food and Wine Festival**

Parks at Night. If it's just the two of you, any park at night is romantic to stroll through... I tried to narrow it down. MK... AK... Epcot... DHS... nah, they're all pretty romantic at night if it's just the two of you.

xipetotec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:03 PM   #8
lmbraun
Earning My Ears

We went on our honeymoon almost 15 years ago to Disney! Going back this October for my 40th, can't wait. As for romance... If you can swing bumping up from a value I'd stay at Poly. The rooms are just ok but the atmosphere is worth it, walking on the beach at night, watching the fireworks from a hammock. Plus the values are geared towards families with kids. Your best shot at quiet is not a value. And think of the time you'll save on the monorail? Time is money. Lastly we had a blast at the Luau, walked from our room in the beautiful foliage and they have drinks and flower lays when you arrive. We also did California Grill (monorail to the contemporary BTW) and had a fabulous view from the cat walk for Wishes. Congratulations and have so much fun!
lmbraun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:08 PM   #9
cbeeindisney
DIS Veteran

Thank you so much for all of your romantic stories and good advice !

I would love to stay at the Poly, the leis sound so nice, walking on the beach and swaying in a hammock to watch the fireworks, is a must do for us! That sounds so romantic!

I see a lot of California Grill recommendations, this must be on our honeymoon bucket list as well!

Thank you all so much!

ME (28) DF (29)
Old 05-01-2013, 11:44 PM   #10
MMD281
Earning My Ears

I just came back from Disneyworld and we celebrated our anniversary there. We left our daughter at Camp Dolphin and ate at Il Mulino's at the Swan Resort. Then we walked around the Boardwalk area a bit before hanging out in Jellyrollz for a few hours. We had a really good time and were glad that we had delayed our celebration (our anniversary is actually a month earlier) because we wouldn't have been able to arrange anything like that around home.
MMD281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:33 AM   #11
funkdot
Earning My Ears

If you make a reservation at Narcoossee's around 8 you will be there for the MK fireworks show. They dim all the lights in the restaurant and you can either watch out the windows or go out on the veranda and watch the show while they pipe in the music for it. Plus it probably one of the best meals you could have there. The surf and turf is a good value for 2 dining credits as well.

Duff-a-day!

Pirates was better before the movie. GO SOX.
funkdot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:31 PM   #12
dakcp2001
Am I wrong to want a cashier and bagger?
Chicken wings are his crack

Quote:
Originally Posted by VbChristy View Post
THIS! One of my most favorite romantic memories is our dinner at the California Grill during Wishes! So romantic! I also have fond memories of a date night at Narcoosees and the Electric Water Pageant & Wishes viewing but that comes in second to California Grill.

Get all dressed up and have some wine
dakcp2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:45 AM   #13
DisneyLMA
SSR since 2006

Our honeymoon at Disney was definitely our best trip there. We were very fortunate and blessed that our folks helped pay for it so we stayed in a "honeymoon" room at GF concierge level. We did the Luau and both Narcoosee's and CG during wishes but my most memorable experience was the morning Epcot Segway tour. We still tease each other about how dorky we look in this one photo of us together wearing our bike helmets on a Segway. It was a cool experience though and a great behind the scenes look at Disney. There is also an Animal Kingdom safari tour that I really want to do sometime soon that i think would be a good Disney honeymoon experience.
DisneyLMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:47 AM   #14
lucialovesdisney
Earning My Ears

If you manage to get on Characters in Flight at Downtown Disney and there aren't many people around that can be pretty romantic, particularly if you time it when there are fireworks on. I managed to get a groupon offer for it last time so it was pretty reasonably priced too.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:11 AM   #15
lisagyo
Earning My Ears

We'll be there again this year for our third anniversary, I booked Narcoosee's for dinner on our actual anniversary. Also, don't forget your anniversary buttons! We wore them throughout our entire trip last year and had a little pixie dust (fast passes for Dinosaur at DAK and some desserts).

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: