Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2013, 04:49 PM   #1
CJK
BL II -Purple Team
Member of the RP Bad Girls Club
Mesmerized by Clay!
That feeling of accomplishment becomes addictive

Sea World - touring plan?

We are SO excited to spend a day in Sea World next month. It will be our first time in about 20yrs, so I'm thinking that everything will be new to us. Do you need a good touring strategy mid week in May like you do in the Disney parks? We want to see as much as we can (rides and shows) and don't mind hustling. Is it even possible to see everything in 1 day? Any touring tips? TIA
CJK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:31 PM   #2
angelmom27
DIS Veteran

No you really don't need to plan that much. If you want to do the dolphin feeding I would say do that first. It fills up fast. After that's out of the way you can do shows and other rides and attractions in between each show. Be sure to grab a map when you first walk in. On the back is the list of the shows and times.
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2013, 08:23 PM   #3
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

One of the things we love most about a visit to SW....no super micro-managing of every minute of your time like is necessary at the Disney parks.

Definitely do the dolphin feeding at park opening if that's something you want to experience. Then pick which shows you want to see (I highly recommend One Ocean, Clyde & Seamore, Pet's Ahoy and Blue Horizons) and work the balance of your day around the show times. If crowds are heavy, consider purchasing Quick Queue for front of the line access to Manta, Kraken, Journey to Atlantis, Turtle Trek, SkyTower and Wild Arctic (assuming rides are up your alley).

Also, their all-day dining deal is a great value. You can eat unlimited breakfast, lunch and dinner at the park for one price (one entrée, one drink, and one side each time through the line). If you are planning a full day at SW, you can save a ton with by purchasing a wristband. And the food is excellent!

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! **August 2014 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:46 AM   #4
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina View Post
One of the things we love most about a visit to SW....no super micro-managing of every minute of your time like is necessary at the Disney parks.
I am so happy to read this! We're doing a day at SeaWorld this summer and I was a bit nervous about being in an unfamiliar park without a "plan!"

Have a great trip, CJK!

Kathy
KathyRN137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:38 PM   #5
johde
DIS Veteran

I've only been a couple of times. But, for the most part the only "plan" you need is to deciding on when you want to see the various shows. Shamu especially seems to fewer shows during the day especially during the week days. If the crowds are light, you're willing to move, and you don't mind sitting towards the back, you can usually hit several of the shows in rapid succession ie, One at 10:00, then 11:00, then 12:00. Once you've decided on your show itinerary you can fill in the rest of the day with rides and animal interaction etc.

Several Trips off site and at Grandma house going back to 1976
Dec 2002 OKW; Dec 2003 OKW; Sept 2004 BWV&OKW; Dec 2005 OKW Sept 2006 BWV: Sept 2007 BWV & AKV
Dec 2009 AKV & BWV: Sept 2011 VCG and the Disneyland Half Marathon: Jan 2013 OKW and AKV New years at Disney. Jan. 2015 AKV/ Cabana Bay?
johde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:36 PM   #6
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
I am so happy to read this! We're doing a day at SeaWorld this summer and I was a bit nervous about being in an unfamiliar park without a "plan!"Kathy
Absolutely no need to be nervous.....just relax and enjoy your SeaWorld day. If you are a seasoned Disney visitor, you will be happily surprised at how easy a day at SW can be.

Its a beautiful park that's so much fun....one of my favourites in Orlando!

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! **August 2014 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:38 PM   #7
CJK
BL II -Purple Team
Member of the RP Bad Girls Club
Mesmerized by Clay!
That feeling of accomplishment becomes addictive

Thanks so much for all of the replies!! It's nice to know we don't have to plan the heck out of our day for this park. I think we'd like to see as many shows as possible, and then fit rides in when we can. We don't mind hustling between shows or having to sit in the back. Is the following plan possible? I haven't figured out if the locations of each theater would make this feasible. This is based on the show times on the Sea World website:

Get there for rope drop and ride Manta

10am - Blue Horizons Show

11am - Clyde & Seamore Take Pirate Island

12pm - One Ocean

Have lunch, maybe a ride or 2?

3:30pm - A'Lure, The Call of the Ocean

4:45pm - Pets Ahoy

Rides or see some exhibits before park close at 7pm

What do you think of this plan? Any tips/suggestions?
CJK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:41 PM   #8
chicagoshannon
DIS Veteran

I would probably ride the new penguin ride and Turtle Trek ASAP when you get there.
Old 05-02-2013, 05:05 PM   #9
angelmom27
DIS Veteran

Good thing about turtle trek is they have like a FP ticket you can get. So you can get a ticket and come back later. The wait time is ten minutes at most. The movie runs continuously.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: