Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2013, 12:45 AM   #16
Upatnoon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
Sadly, Disney Resort + DDP != "Budget" these days. Have you considered Wyndham Bonnet Creek? They are practically on Disney property (closer than POP & AoA), have reliable shuttles to the parks and are very affordable.
I agree with this. A summer week at Bonnet Creek would be around $800 and you would get 1,200 square feet, 2 bedrooms and a full kitchen.
Upatnoon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:28 AM   #17
ohionola
Mouseketeer

I looked last night and most of June and July is showing no availability for a week stay at bc.
ohionola is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-02-2013, 05:37 AM   #18
NHBelle
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone...I am leaning towards just staying where we are at this point as we are already over budget and spend so little time in the room. We'll just have to deal with having 1 bathroom...unless some great new discount comes out (which is looking very unlikely) then I can't really justify spending any more money on this trip (which is in the beginning of August by the way). We are also doing a cruise....this is our daughters graduation gift and it's a huge vacation for us....we need to just appreciate that we are going. I am concerned about storage space for clothes though....any ideas on what to do about that. I really don't like living out of suitcases.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:55 AM   #19
Megsie1000
Mouseketeer

Wow do I feel your pain. We have to confront this every time we travel and Disney sure doesn't make it easy (neither do cruise lines, for that matter). The one time we stayed at Polynesian it was great but the prices (especially summer) have just pushed us right out of that possibility. We finally gave in and booked 2 POP rooms for our upcoming trip.

Can you pack some of those collapsible hanging shelves? http://www.target.com/p/6-shelf-canv...anging+shelves
Megsie1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:29 AM   #20
buzznina
DIS Veteran

Location: The White Sugar Beaches of the Florida Panhandle, Destin area. 7 hours away from the Magic Place.

We aways take 2 collapsible shelfs, request extra hangers when we check in, and then pack the suitcases into each other and put them between the wall and the headboard. Then we use the top as a small bedside table

AKL-SV(2), POLY, GF(CL), CR, POFQ(3), POR(6)(RGR(2)), CSR(10), CBR, FW CABINS, BW, POP(3), ASMU(2), ASSP, ASMO and DLH
buzznina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:25 PM   #21
NHBelle
DIS Veteran

WOW...those collasible shelves will work perfectly....I think I'll get two and I bet they will come in handy on the cruise as well. Thanks guys
Old 05-02-2013, 01:22 PM   #22
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Honestly if your budget is already maxed stick with POR. We are a family of 4 and going for 17 days so we are staying at pop. We are also at the max of our budget and we have FD. There is tons of tips to maximize space on the boards. You could also use a over the door shoe organizer for toiletries.

Many Trips the past 7 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 9 and DD 6
KELLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:10 PM   #23
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHBelle View Post
WOW...those collasible shelves will work perfectly....I think I'll get two and I bet they will come in handy on the cruise as well. Thanks guys
on the cruise, I would buy the over the door shoe rack. I have one that goes on all our cruises. There is NO storage in the bathroom so we put shampoo, hair stuff, brushes, tanning lotion all on the door
DisneyDmbNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:47 PM   #24
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDmbNut View Post
on the cruise, I would buy the over the door shoe rack. I have one that goes on all our cruises. There is NO storage in the bathroom so we put shampoo, hair stuff, brushes, tanning lotion all on the door
Unfortunately that is no longer allowed. Disney sent out a memo maybe a week ago--no more over the door holders on their cruise
ships.

Posters are suggesting you modify your holder so that it will hang on a hanger.
Old 05-02-2013, 03:58 PM   #25
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

really?? that stinks!
DisneyDmbNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:01 PM   #26
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Here, I went and tracked down the thread:http://www.disboards.com/showthread....hlight=message

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: