Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2013, 09:49 AM   #2461
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by salemnews View Post
Hey guys I'm heading down Nov 5-11! Staying at AoA. Over the past few years them have offered free dining. Has anyone heard anything yet?
AoA has only been open about a year, but the AoA suites have been included in almost all general public discounts. The Little Mermaid standard rooms have not been included in hardly any of the general public discounts. If the LM room are included on the upcoming FD promo, they will most likely be extremely limited. Each resort is only allotted so many FD rooms, so always have a back up room category or resort when you call to book or add the FD code to an existing reservation. Also, those dates may be blacked out due to Jersey Week.
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:39 AM   #2462
mommy2paisley
DIS Veteran

We check in November 1-10. Any guesses if our dates might be included if they offer FD for November?

Next Disney vacation is two whole weeks starting Labor Day weekend!!!
mommy2paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-02-2013, 10:49 AM   #2463
salemnews
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post

From everything I have read it is very unlikely your dates will fall into FD this year. Jersey Week is normally blacked out for discounts. I myself am going Nov 3-8 and booked thru a TA who was offering an agency exclusive for my dates due to Jersey Week normally being blacked out.
Thank you for your help, I know the past few years the last week off food and wine was free dining, but it is what it is! Thanks. If you hear anything let me know
salemnews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:15 AM   #2464
babydoll65
please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas

Just went to target this morning and noticed they are not selling the 25.00 gift cards. So I came home and looked on target.com and there not selling them either. I live in Rhode Island so has anyone else noticed this?

77,79,88 OS-89,92 FW-96 ASMo-05,07,09,11 POP-13 POFQ/POR-2015 POP

Dad-Mom-Son
babydoll65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:28 AM   #2465
xdanielleax
Mouseketeer

Just booked our trip! Staying at the Carribean Beach Sept 2-8! Can't wait til the 9th to add dining!
Old 05-02-2013, 11:48 AM   #2466
xdanielleax
Mouseketeer

Since my trip is booked, should I make my meal reservations now? Or will I have to change them once I receive free dining?
Old 05-02-2013, 11:52 AM   #2467
grimley1968
DIS Veteran
Obedient Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdanielleax View Post
Since my trip is booked, should I make my meal reservations now? Or will I have to change them once I receive free dining?
You can go ahead and make them. They don't need to know whether you have the dining plan ("free" or paid) until you actually have your meal. And no ADR's need to be changed if and when you change your reservation to include free dining.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:55 AM   #2468
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Make them now. They will not change if you alter your room reservation. People have been making reservations for weeks now in anticipation of free dining so you may not want to wait much longer to secure the restaurants you want.
Old 05-02-2013, 12:08 PM   #2469
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdanielleax View Post
Oh gosh, book now, today. Do a search on the WDW dining site and see what is still available. A lot of the character meals and popular restaurants will already have very limited openings.
Old 05-02-2013, 12:21 PM   #2470
LoveMickeyMouse1
Earning My Ears

Hi guys! Does anyone know if Disney will officially announce the free dining plan prior to may 9? Thanks!
LoveMickeyMouse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:29 PM   #2471
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMickeyMouse1 View Post
Hi guys! Does anyone know if Disney will officially announce the free dining plan prior to may 9? Thanks!
If it opens to the Disney Visa holders first, the offer page at www.disneyrewards.com will give the date that the deal will go public.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:45 PM   #2472
WDW Beets ALL
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydoll65 View Post
Just went to target this morning and noticed they are not selling the 25.00 gift cards. So I came home and looked on target.com and there not selling them either. I live in Rhode Island so has anyone else noticed this?

I have looked several places. I'm only finding the $50-$500 ones. Sorry
WDW Beets ALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:58 PM   #2473
Elisa
momtwo2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney411 View Post
You can buy the gift cards at the Disney store, CVS, Target, Costco. Etc. Then you just use them like a credit card. They accept the Disney gift cards at all Disney parks, restaurants and Downtown Disney.
So I'd probably have to get a bunch of smaller denomination gift cards? Not just one with, let's say $1300 on it? Of course that would be devastating to lose one big one versus $200 worth of gift cards for the day, but I want the convenience of not having to carry a lot of stuff. What about charging all food to our room, like we can store purchases, and then pay it off at the end of the trip? Is that possible?
I forgot to mention that I'm Canadian and don't have most of those store except for Costco and I don't think they sell Disney cards there.
'06 Sept Pop ( Big surprise for kids )
'07 Sept ASMu ( Free Dining AGAIN )
'10 Aug CBR Free Dining ( Kids 1st time at a Mod) and Universal Studios
'13 Aug CBR ( to capture the last of my children's youth as they're growing too fast!!!!)

Last edited by Elisa; 05-02-2013 at 12:59 PM. Reason: forgot to add something
Elisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 01:03 PM   #2474
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elisa View Post

So I'd probably have to get a bunch of smaller denomination gift cards? Not just one with, let's say $1300 on it? Of course that would be devastating to lose one big one versus $200 worth of gift cards for the day, but I want the convenience of not having to carry a lot of stuff. What about charging all food to our room, like we can store purchases, and then pay it off at the end of the trip? Is that possible?
I forgot to mention that I'm Canadian and don't have most of those store except for Costco and I don't think they sell Disney cards there.
You can charge everything, food, souvenirs, tips, etc., to your resort room and pay it off at check out.
Old 05-02-2013, 01:33 PM   #2475
mouserrificmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elisa View Post

You should be able to go to the Disney Store and load one with the amount you want on it. They MAY have an upper limit, but I don't think so. It would be silly to buy multiple cards. I would think you should also be able to order any denomination online as well. You can order personalized gift cards now too which is fun -
You can use a family photo as the card graphic. Cute stuff!
mouserrificmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: