Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-02-2013, 01:04 PM   #15
mvk
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewisc View Post
Don't you think guests at a Marvel themed hotel will want to spend a day or two riding the Marvel movies? Not sure that's a good idea.

A Blue Sky thread isn't complete without a discussion about extending the monorail or going with a pod system. I think Disney is skipping intermediate technology and is waiting for teleportation.

I think the Jungle Cruise and Indy Speedway are "holding a place" for future attractions.

I think Disney will find a place for World of Color (5-7 years max)

New resort where River Country was?

I'm sure Disney would love Apple as a sponsor. Apple has to see a benefit.

Start charging guests for parking. Cars are used for "bad things". Visiting "other" theme parks. Buying under priced soda and "fun foods" at places like Target. Dining at restaurants which don't set prices to the Disney market.
I think it will draw people who love Marvel who usually stay closer to Universal to ride those rides, actually. Marvel is pretty male-centric as well, and if its used as a backdoor resort to DHS, with say, a CarsLand and/or Star Wars Land, two other male-centric franchises, I think that will be a big draw to people who might not otherwise stay at Disney.

Add a Marvel character meal restaurant to the resort, and that place would be extremely popular.

I might be wrong, but I feel like the Jungle Cruise and the Indy Speedway are two things that will not be changed or taken out of the Magic Kingdom. There is a 'Speedway' in every main Disney Park, and the Jungle Cruise is classic Disney. I feel like those two will always be there.
mvk is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: