Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-02-2013, 10:08 AM   #9
LisaR

Quote:
Originally Posted by branv View Post
Ack, I loathe tent camping too. I mean, I like the part in the evening when you can see the stars and sit around the fire, but everything else stinks. My family used to camp every summer (dead of summer...in Texas) on an island at the lake. No bathrooms, no electricity, nada. I am positively terrified of bugs (I put a hole in the tent when I was 9 b/c I was trying to kill a spider with an ax). I hatehatehatehatehate the heat. Seriously, how does anyone sleep without A/C. It's insanity. At the lake it was always so hot, even the water was like bathtub water.

And I DO NOT use the bathroom outdoors. Not anymore, not gonna happen (when I was a kid, I made myself sick every time holding it in). And since as an adult I always have to get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, even if there is a nearby bathroom center, I'm not getting dressed, grabbing a flashlight and hauling myself alone all the way to some spooky Camp Crystal Lake scenario. Seriously, even those really nice campsite bathrooms always have some awful spider/scorpion/centipede lurking in the corner. BLAH! I also sleep lightly, so no matter how glam the camp, I will be up all night. So on the flip side, most campgrounds are so overrun nowadays, and people so clueless about camping etiquette, that you might as well be camping in a parking lot for all the peace, quiet and nature you get.

The only way I might go camping now is if it's not actual camping, like with a good RV or a nicely maintained cabin with a frequent relationship with an Exterminator. Though my idea of the latter is something like the Wilderness Lodge. That's about as close to roughing it as I like to get.
Too funny and I am right there with you.
LisaR is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: