Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-02-2013, 10:14 AM   #11
TheMermaidII
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebmasterCricket View Post
The barbed wire is what's bothering me the most. That's not used in most backstage areas. This looks like it's offsite or at a remote storage location onsite.

Also shown but not pictured here is a stripped CTX rover, a dumbo car (good condition), a stripped monorail hull segment and a TL speedway go-cart (good condition). If that CTX shell wasn't there I would feel better about it but that can mean it's not at WDW at all. Why would a DHS part be anywhere near any MK stuff??

I've looked for the building(s) using bing/google sat views and can't locate them.
This is the shop area behind Magic Kingdom. Due to the creative nature and the value of construction materials and expensive equipment, the entire area is surrounded by barbed wire fences. They maintain the show pieces and ride elements for all 4 parks, waterparks, hotels, and DTD. This area backs up to the drydock area for MK watercraft. The floats have been sitting here for over two years in the same kind of tents you can rent from rent-a-center which provide little shelter from the elements. They've been moved back and forth between the tents and the Ferryboat maintenance shed (the tall building pictured above) occasionally for evaluation and their wooden supports and electrical systems have not responded well to the elements. On my last Keys to the Kingdom tour a year or so ago, I noticed that several spectro floats had shared the back of the parade building with MSEP, which might explain why a few floats look in better shape than others.
TheMermaidII is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: