Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2013, 05:36 AM   #1
monica9
Mouseketeer

Regal palms resort anyone?

Looking to stay at regal palms resort. We will probably only be going to disney parks, maybe seaworld for a day but probably unlikely.

Nice resort?
Close enough to parks?
Old 04-22-2013, 06:17 AM   #2
cheerky
Mouseketeer

We stayed there many years ago during Easter week. Traffic was a little heavy on 192 but it never took longer than 20 minutes or so to get to the Disney parks. The townhouse was very spacious and the pool/ lazy river was very nice.
cheerky is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-22-2013, 06:28 AM   #3
Granny square
Always planning a trip!

A little far away, but tons of space and the kids liked the pool. beds were hard though.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:42 AM   #4
loveysbydesign
I can pinch a penny so hard you can hear it scream for miles!

Haven't stayed there but did look into it. Prefer Windsor Hills or Indian Creek. Regal Plams pools/lazy river are under refurbishment soon and won't be open for some dates. That's what owners told me when i emailed for price qoutes for this June.

May 2006-1st family trip to WDW! Loved Windsor Hills! Total cost including airfare, condo. rental at WH, park tix and rental car =$1800
Nov. 13-22 2007-2nd trip to WDW with Baby Hartley #3-it's a boy!!! Total cost including airfare, condo. rental at WH, park tix and rental car =$2200
May 2009- 3 nights in a 2 bedroom at SSR and then our 1st Disney cruise on the Magic! Total cost for 2 Cat. 12's -upgraded to Cat. 10's=$2900

June 11-20 2010- Our super cheap, surprising the kids, 1st time driving, celebrating Ryan's 3rd birthday trip! Total cost=$950
Nov.12-22, 2010 Took our in-laws along for their 1st trip ever! Stayed at Indian Creek and had a blast!
Oct.10-15, 2011 Crazy Columbus Crowds(did YES program) & cruised on the Dream Oct. 16-20
Oct. 19-29, 2012 Our trip re-do w/the in-laws, swam w/ the manatees & drove home through Sandy!
June 21-30, 2013 Celebrating our 17th anniversary!
loveysbydesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:35 AM   #5
Comeundone87
Mouseketeer

We've stayed there twice now. Both units were very nice (big spacious, comfortable) and the complex was great. Never did have time to use the pool/lazy river. We won't stay there again, but that's only because for us it's not worth the extra $12/day resort fee for the pool (that we never had time to use anyways). It's not too far away from the parks, but there are lots of stop lights on 192 so depending on what time of day it can take longer. I4 isn't too far either and at sometimes of the day it's faster just to hop on that. We are staying in Davenport again on our next trip, but we found a house with a private pool that wasn't that much more than what we paid at Regal Palms.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:39 AM   #6
bleubell
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveysbydesign
Haven't stayed there but did look into it. Prefer Windsor Hills or Indian Creek. Regal Plams pools/lazy river are under refurbishment soon and won't be open for some dates. That's what owners told me when i emailed for price qoutes for this June.
Did they mention which month they will be under reburbishment?
bleubell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:17 AM   #7
loveysbydesign
I can pinch a penny so hard you can hear it scream for miles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleubell View Post
Did they mention which month they will be under reburbishment?
I know it was for most or part of the summer which I thought was a dump time for them to do it!

May 2006-1st family trip to WDW! Loved Windsor Hills! Total cost including airfare, condo. rental at WH, park tix and rental car =$1800
Nov. 13-22 2007-2nd trip to WDW with Baby Hartley #3-it's a boy!!! Total cost including airfare, condo. rental at WH, park tix and rental car =$2200
May 2009- 3 nights in a 2 bedroom at SSR and then our 1st Disney cruise on the Magic! Total cost for 2 Cat. 12's -upgraded to Cat. 10's=$2900

June 11-20 2010- Our super cheap, surprising the kids, 1st time driving, celebrating Ryan's 3rd birthday trip! Total cost=$950
Nov.12-22, 2010 Took our in-laws along for their 1st trip ever! Stayed at Indian Creek and had a blast!
Oct.10-15, 2011 Crazy Columbus Crowds(did YES program) & cruised on the Dream Oct. 16-20
Oct. 19-29, 2012 Our trip re-do w/the in-laws, swam w/ the manatees & drove home through Sandy!
June 21-30, 2013 Celebrating our 17th anniversary!
loveysbydesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:19 PM   #8
bleubell
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveysbydesign View Post
I know it was for most or part of the summer which I thought was a dump time for them to do it!
I sure hope they wait until after Memorial Day! Argh!!!!
Old 04-29-2013, 06:25 PM   #9
Goofey Drool
Mouseketeer

We stayed at Regal Palms last April 15-21st. It was nice to come back to a quiet place with alot of room. Accross the road... approx. 3-4 minute drive was the main building with pool/small lazy river and a slide. Its a bit away from parks. Maybe 20-25 minutes but not too bad. We went to Universal, Seaworld and Aquatica. Skipped disney for 3 years but planning now for next trip.
Goofey Drool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:40 AM   #10
bleubell
Earning My Ears

I "messaged" with someone at Regal Palms who assured me the pool WILL be open this summer and NOT under renovations. :-)
Old 05-25-2013, 09:40 AM   #11
LaMagieDisney
LaMagieDisney

Just called Regal Palms directly, a minute ago, and the person told me the refurbishment of the pool are planned at Regal Oaks Resort, not Regal Palms...
LaMagieDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:16 AM   #12
2girlsmom
DIS Veteran

We stayed there last year over Memorial Day. We liked the space but found the beds to be uncomfortable and the cleanliness factor to be slightly lower than our standard. Also, we were very far away from the pool/lazy river, so only used it the day we checked out as we had to drive up to it, and that day they ran out of pool towels for over 2 HOURS (with no one in the pool, less than 30 people). We ended up having to buy beach towels at the gift shop for my kids to dry off with. Also, it was at least 20 minutes from the closest disney parks (Animal Kingdom), probably more like 30-40 minutes from Magic Kingdom, and would be farther than that from Seaworld. We have stayed offsite several times, but we have found that we prefer to be closer. I highly recommend Caribe Royal, on World Drive. It is 2 miles from Disney property, and we just spent the weekend in a 2 bedroom there, can't say enough good about it. Master had a 2 person jacuzzi tub plus free standing shower, king bed. 2nd bedroom had 2 queens, and a full bathroom with tub/shower combo, plus had a full kitchen, washer/dryer, dining room table & chairs, and living room area with pull out couch and chair. Terrific, clean, spacious, daily housekeeping is included there, too, another plus for me. And the pool area with waterfall and 75 ft slide was wonderful.

& Lucky
2girlsmom is offline   Reply With Quote