Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2013, 06:13 AM   #91
hamm1207
Alaskan DIS Veteran

Welcome to the cruise! We are just getting off the Dream and heading to wdw for two days then onto the Fantasy Saturday.

May 2010 Bahamas Cruise Disney Wonder January 26-30, 2011 Disney Dream Maiden VoyageApril 27-May 3, 2011 West Coast Repo Disney Wonder December 4-11, 2011 Mexican Riviera Disney Wonder Eastern Caribbean - April 13-20, 2012 Disney Magic First Galveston Cruise - Sept 22-29, 2012 Disney Magic Bahamas Dream - Sept 30-Oct 4, 2012 Disney DreamApril 28-May 2, 2013 Disney Dream BahamasMay 4-11, 2013 Disney Fantasy Eastern CaribbeanOctober 27-November 1, 2013 Disney Magic out of Miami May 19, 2014 West Coast Repo-Disney Wonder May 24, 2014 Alaska Cruise-Disney Wonder
hamm1207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:15 AM   #92
TheWescotts
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzi View Post
We are thinking about booking this cruise

Our first cruise with DCL was a Halloween cruise.
It was a 7 nighter.

It was AWESOME!!
ooo, just the person I want to talk to.

we have friends that are thinking of joining us on this cruise. Their DD (4) frightens easily and they are worried there will be people in scary costumes on Halloween night. I think, this being Disney that is an irrational fear.

Could you shed some light on what to expect Halloween night?
TheWescotts is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-02-2013, 07:31 AM   #93
DynamicDisneyDuo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWescotts View Post
ooo, just the person I want to talk to.

we have friends that are thinking of joining us on this cruise. Their DD (4) frightens easily and they are worried there will be people in scary costumes on Halloween night. I think, this being Disney that is an irrational fear.

Could you shed some light on what to expect Halloween night?
We sailed on the Wonder for Halloween a few years back. I don't recall any scary costumes at all. Mostly pirate stuff and superheroes. A few wenches that might have been toeing the line of good taste. That is, of course, subjective.

DynamicDisneyDuo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:10 PM   #94
dizzi
DIS Veteran

Scary, I guess what is scary to one child may not be to another.

You will see the normal characters, dressed up in Halloween party costumes.

You will see the normal kids costumes for Trick o Treat around the ship. I don't recall seeing anything that would have been bad taste for DCL cruise from anyone really.

BUT for the Adult costumes there were some pretty crazy things but none out of DCL taste, I guess the scariest thing would have been this couple dressed up like the ghosts from the Haunted Mansion , impeccable make up they were awesome. But I think everyone keeps in mind that you don't scare the kids.

The kids trick or treat is a blast!!! And the party is very fun, basically anther form of the sailaway party. Most people stay dressed in costume all evening through dinner and then on to the Adult judging of costumes.

A lady from our Dis group won one of the categories, her an her DH were Marypoppins and what ever man goes with her (dunno).
Old 05-02-2013, 07:13 PM   #95
dizzi
DIS Veteran

Don't forget there is also pirate night........

Where many people dress up as pirates or wear pirate themed clothing of some sort too.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:17 PM   #96
dizzi
DIS Veteran

I have only done one 5 night cruise.

And It wasn't Halloween,

So I wonder if they will do both Formal and Semi Formal and Pirate night and Halloween Dress up Night. that only leaves one night left. Should be fun packing for that
Old 05-02-2013, 08:34 PM   #97
mmcxiiad
Mouseketeer

This has been a crazy few weeks. I figured out that I will be traveling 15 out of 24 days.... with my sister. Basically I am going to spend more time with her in these few weeks then my wife and kids.

While traveling, it seems that many new people are joining (or thinking about joining) this cruise. Welcome Welcome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msrlest8 View Post
Hi everyone! It's me again.
Haven't heard any response from anyone with regards to the Facebook page.
I made a facebook page for our cruise. It can be found by searching in Facebook the following:
Disney Magic 10/27/2013
Nothing personal, but neither my wife nor I Facebook. I could go on a long rant as to why... but nobody is interested. Personally I prefer the forum... but I might just be the weirdo in the group.
mmcxiiad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:13 PM   #98
mmcxiiad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicDisneyDuo View Post
We sailed on the Wonder for Halloween a few years back. I don't recall any scary costumes at all. Mostly pirate stuff and superheroes. A few wenches that might have been toeing the line of good taste. That is, of course, subjective.
Last year we went to the MK for halloween and did MNSSHP. There were a lot of adults dressed up. Some were..... wow.... very impressive. I can say that there were some that I personally felt were a little too over the top for MK. Some were a little too risqué (be it a little suggestive or a bit scary).... but not so much that would get you kicked out. Nothing was horrific.

That said, 98% were fine.

My kids (9, 6, 4 & 1) were never frightened. My son is the oldest and three girls. My wife and I am very protective of them and cautious about what they see (movies, tv etc). At no point did we feel like this was too grownup of an event for them.

I would imagine it would be the same on the cruise.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:03 AM   #99
dizzi
DIS Veteran

it isn't that I am not interested in the FB page, as I FB at least once a day, as I also come here at least once a day.

I just prefer to keep my DIS ing on the DISBOARDS.....

It seem like when a FB page is made, some people don't come to the FB page and then some dont come back to the DIS boards.

The other sailing I am on in OCT 2014 has a FB page and now It seems like 2 separate groups.

I sort of wish that DIS boards would make the ruling like Cruise Critic and not allow FB to be linked to their site.

Any way I am sure you will get those who feel differently.....this is a small group actually, so
Old 05-03-2013, 09:30 AM   #100
hamm1207
Alaskan DIS Veteran

I'm right there with you Dizzi. I might check out the FB page, but I'll keep my posting to Disboards since its a disboards event.

May 2010 Bahamas Cruise Disney Wonder January 26-30, 2011 Disney Dream Maiden VoyageApril 27-May 3, 2011 West Coast Repo Disney Wonder December 4-11, 2011 Mexican Riviera Disney Wonder Eastern Caribbean - April 13-20, 2012 Disney Magic First Galveston Cruise - Sept 22-29, 2012 Disney Magic Bahamas Dream - Sept 30-Oct 4, 2012 Disney DreamApril 28-May 2, 2013 Disney Dream BahamasMay 4-11, 2013 Disney Fantasy Eastern CaribbeanOctober 27-November 1, 2013 Disney Magic out of Miami May 19, 2014 West Coast Repo-Disney Wonder May 24, 2014 Alaska Cruise-Disney Wonder
Old 05-03-2013, 09:56 AM   #101
dizzi
DIS Veteran

Hey you got post 100 ...........

who will get post 150?
Old 05-03-2013, 10:27 AM   #102
dizzi
DIS Veteran

JUST HELD a GTY room!!!

SO EXCITED!!!!!!!

I am raelly hoping a sale comes up for this sailing.
it isn't very full yet!!!!
Old 05-03-2013, 10:30 AM   #103
dizzi
DIS Veteran

Anyone doing the back to back with the 2 day sailing previous to this one?

We might........

That will remain undecided for a bit longer.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:42 AM   #104
hamm1207
Alaskan DIS Veteran

Quote:

We might........

That will remain undecided for a bit longer.
Wish we could!! We'll have to look into it.

We are booked in a deck 5 aft navigators verandah. This will be our first platinum cruise!!

Old 05-03-2013, 11:31 AM   #105
mmcxiiad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We were about to but decided it was going to be too much school for the kids to miss. Plus it was going to cause some logisicical issues with other obligations.

But boy did we want to.

I would guess now that they have announced all the upgrades coming to the Magic, I would imagine that more people are going to want those the new features.

On the other hand if the price for the cruise down, do people who have already booked get to take advantage of the price break?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: