Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2013, 09:10 AM   #16
Dian-er
Mouseketeer

5 years

Thank you all for your kind words & memories. Bob was a special man & he loved what he did. He was aware, long before the rest of the podcast team, of the impact they were making. He loved it when Disers would come up to him in the parks to talk to him. Many of you were shy, but I'd watch him put you at ease & soon you;d be chatting like old friends. Live is different without him, but I'm good. I'm sorry I didn't make it to the NJ meet. I'm going to be there next weekend for grandosn, Mason's, First Communion.
Dian-er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:01 AM   #17
WaltD4Me
PS...I tried asking for water cups once
I am actually a princess

I was thinking of Bob yesterday, a very special man that I never had the pleasure of meeting, but still had an influence on my life. Not like he did to his friends and family of course, but he did. I can't tell you how often I say "They can't hit ya." I try things now I probably never would have keeping that simple sentence in my mind. Bob loved Flower and Garden like I do. I have one of his pictures from Flower and Garden as my desktop background. I had set his picture as my background the day before he died...it's still my background today, a small tribute to an amazing person we lost much too soon.
Lisa 1980 Poly, 92' Grand Floridian, Oct 98 Teddy & Doll Convention, Dec 2004 POFQ, May 05 40th Birthday!, May 06 OKW 41st Birthday! May 07 OKW 42nd Birthday! Feb 08 Pirate & Princess Party! Oct. 08 at OKW! 1st Solo Trip May 09! / November 2010 at OKW, 2013 at WDW and Crusing on the Dream
WaltD4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:36 PM   #18
darrengs
DIS Veteran

Dian-er:

Bob is definitely missed, and my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Tell Brian that Darren from Baird says hi.

Darren

darrengs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:06 PM   #19
Stacy's a freak
wrangles snakes

Dian-er, thank you for sharing your husband with strangers for so many years! He had a great sense of humor and an obvious kindness that I enjoyed. My best to you and your family
Stacy's a freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:04 PM   #20
daneenm
Just call me Pollyanna ...everyone else does!
this is the first time we had tried it
The kitchen is not typically a likely option

It is hard to believe it has been that long, as I vividly remember my shock when I logged in to see Pete's post. DD and I had been active listeners of the PodCast for quite a while at that point. Her favorite Bawb episode was the dole whip container episode!

Dian-er, we are so glad that we were able to virtually meet Bawb. His humor and sincere devotion to what he was doing is truly missed. Of course, nothing like the loss you and your family have experienced, but I hope it brings comfort to know how much he meant to so many of us.
- DLH: 1999, 2008 (Concierge)
- GCH: 2004, 2006 (Concierge), 2009, 2011, 2012

WDW:
- YC Concierge: 2007, 2013, planned 7/2015

DCL:
- Fantasy, Eastern Carribean planned 8/2015

Wish I could visit more....
daneenm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:12 PM   #21
anonymousegirl
DIS Veteran

With the most horrible timing ever, the very first podcast I listen to was when Pete made the announcement of Bob's passing. He was so upset as he choked out the news to the loyal listeners, I knew right then and there, that the podcast could be discussing gestation periods of flobberworms and I would listen to my dying day. The love and respect of each memeber of the podcast was so unique, it would always be worth listening.
I was priviledged to know Bob only through back episodes and it didn't take many of those to realize what a special individual he was.
Your loss will never be diminished, but hopefully, knowing how many people loved and miss Bob daily, your pain is somewhat lightened.
Lori
1973 Disneyland Hotel;1985 WDW Grosvenor; 1988 same;1994 off-site; 1997 off-site; July 2008 POR; December 2008 Pop Century; January 2009 Contemporary, BCV; March 2009 Pop Century; May 2009 Grand California at DLR; September 2009 SSR; December 2009 Pop; May 2010 DL off site; July 2010 Disneyland Hotel; October 2010 Disneyland Hotel; January 2011 Saratoga Springs;May 2011 Disneyland off-site; October 2011 AKV Kidani; DLR OMDD Leap Day 2012; June 2012 BCV/Vero Beach; September 2012 All Star Sports; December 2012 Grand Floridian; DLR off site February 2013;DLR off site for Long Lost Friends week April 2013;DLR Paradise Pier Hotel July 2013; DLR off site November 2013;Aulani DVC January 2014; WDW OKW May 2014; WDW SSR VILLIANS UNLEASHED! Aug 2104;WDW October 2014; CBR/DCL December 2014
anonymousegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:28 PM   #22
Mary Jo
Techarita
Loves the star on the mountain

DISboards Moderator

Diane
Mary Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:17 PM   #23
SamSam

DIS Veteran

Diane- I can only begin to imagine what you're feeling. dh and I were privileged to meet your 'bawb' at one of the first (may have been the first) gatherings at the Swan. We were so happy to be able to visit with him. My hubby wasn't even a 'disboarder' but he loved meeting 'bawb.
Diane- please keep posting, we care about you too
Old 04-30-2013, 01:17 PM   #24
DSNY4ever
I am going to keep hunting around
I will cross my fingers for both of us

hugs to you and all of Bob's friends and family. I still get a giggle when I think of happy memories of Bob on the podcast

Disneyland at the Holidays, here we come!
DSNY4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:11 PM   #25
Cherinva
Co-Host of the Va. DIS Meet and avid pin collector

to you Dian-er......we miss him too. He would have so loved the direction that the pod cast is going now...I know he is looking over all of us and smiling.

Don't let yesterday use up too much of todayºoº
Cherinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:50 PM   #26
SaraMc
DIS Veteran

Thinking of you and your family. Bob was mentioned many times at the NJ meet and he is often in our thoughts.
Old 05-01-2013, 05:28 PM   #27
Dian-er
Mouseketeer

Bob

Thanks again
I am going to NJ tomorrow for the youngest grandson's First Communion. It's too bad the meet & the boy's event didn't happen on the same weekend, we would have made the time to get to at least some of it. Oh well maybe next time.
Dian-er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:39 AM   #28
safetymom
Have will travel
ABD trips = clothes optional

Safe travels!!!
safetymom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: