Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2013, 10:11 PM   #2416
Uomeasmile
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone! I just found you guys today - boy am *I* late to the party I actually just booked the cruise last week and am very excited to be leaving in less than 3 weeks.

I live just outside Dallas in Richardson, Texas.

I am trying to figure out how / where to register for group outings and would love some advice (preferably PM so as not to hog up the boards!) on my next steps ;-)

Can't wait to meet everyone! I'm avid on FB, so you'll probably see me more on that side of the media.
Uomeasmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:34 PM   #2417
gramfrog
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by twopeasonepod View Post
We are already booked on WBPC - gotta remember to write down how much we booked for and rebook onboard if cheaper! Woo hoooo!
OK, I imagine that I'm getting obsessive.... but I've got a file folder on Disney Cruises we may be interested in (EBA, WBTA, WBPC, EBPC, and Alaska) and what they are going for $$$$ as of May first. I will be a pest at the booking desk (hey-- we have 14 days, right?) and try to maneuver the best deal. I am liking the possible 20% off; but since DH just **needed** space on this cruise <me screaming> and booked a 4A --FOR THE TWO OF US!!!!, I'm angling for smaller and cheaper next time. Mostly cheaper. Being prepared beforehand with prices is key, I agree, twopeasinonepod!
DVC member, Bay Lake Tower and Aulani; Disneyland Paris (Halloween, Christmas), Dream Oct'11 Bahamas ; Fantasy Jan '12 Western Caribbean; Member Cruise Dream Sept '12; Galveston-to-WDW Magic Jan'13; EBTA Magic May '13; Alaska Wonder Sept '13, Inaugural sailing on the NEW Magic Oct. '13, Bahamas Dream Dec '13. Magic Feb '14, Bahamas Dream B2B March '14, PLATINUM! EBTA Magic May '14, WBTA Magic Sept '14, Fantasy Feb. 2015, EBTA Magic '15 to Copenhagen, European Northern Capitals, June '15, and Panama Canal Halloween Cruise Oct.'15!
gramfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-01-2013, 10:37 PM   #2418
gramfrog
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uomeasmile View Post
Hi everyone! I just found you guys today - boy am *I* late to the party I actually just booked the cruise last week and am very excited to be leaving in less than 3 weeks.
Can't wait to meet everyone! I'm avid on FB, so you'll probably see me more on that side of the media.
WELCOME!!!
DVC member, Bay Lake Tower and Aulani; Disneyland Paris (Halloween, Christmas), Dream Oct'11 Bahamas ; Fantasy Jan '12 Western Caribbean; Member Cruise Dream Sept '12; Galveston-to-WDW Magic Jan'13; EBTA Magic May '13; Alaska Wonder Sept '13, Inaugural sailing on the NEW Magic Oct. '13, Bahamas Dream Dec '13. Magic Feb '14, Bahamas Dream B2B March '14, PLATINUM! EBTA Magic May '14, WBTA Magic Sept '14, Fantasy Feb. 2015, EBTA Magic '15 to Copenhagen, European Northern Capitals, June '15, and Panama Canal Halloween Cruise Oct.'15!
gramfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:20 AM   #2419
padalyn
Truth is stranger than fiction - you really can't make this stuff up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
Unless you are flying back to the US or Canada right after we arrive in Barcelona, remember to bring European plug adaptors. If you are from Europe, then you'll need US plug adaptors.

EEEEEKKKKK- I forgot to pack that!!! Good thing you mentioned it! I usually use my iGo (but that isn't iGo-ing! he he he). Gotta go find the stupid adapter now...thanks again!!

I just sent an email to the hotel in Barcelona asking if they have both formats, but I seriously doubt it. Disneyland Paris did the last time I was there (I think) but off to find the adapter tomorrow!

Cayla
Oct - our one year anniversary - the last of 7 trips to celebrate our first year of marriage! (part 7)
2/15/15:.....Magic Cruise
5/15/15:...EBTA northern itinerary
July 2015....Vero Beach for turtle watch!
Nov 2015.....family trip to WDW for Thanksgiving
Past trips: .. .. .. WDW: (no longer counting). . . . . . . . .DLR:5 . . . . . . . . . .DLP:2 . . . . . . . . .The rest? not planned yet!
. .Cruises.(27 with total nights: 191)[Fantasy x3; Dream x4; Magic x12; Wonder x9]. . ABD:Imperial Cities
.DVC member since 2001
Oct 12, 2013: our handfasting day!!!! The most important day of my life.
2012:My Grand Slam!.. .. .. .. 4 - 3 - 2 - 1....4 ships, 3 ports, 2 coasts, in 1 year!!

Last edited by padalyn; 05-02-2013 at 12:28 AM.
padalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:16 AM   #2420
binkytell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramfrog View Post
MandyGirl's list of 20% off select cruises which she posted on Facebook (4 available after our cruise) included in 2013:
the EBPC on Sept 14 on the Wonder, LA to Galveston;
and in 2014,
the WBPC on May 2, Miami to San Diego on the Wonder,
the EBPC Sept. 12 on the Wonder, San Diego to Port Canaveral,
and the EBTA on May 13, Port Canaveral to Barcelona.

Just checking out prices ready to make a decision onboard.

Got me thinking, I don't think I have ever seen concierge available for this cruise, right from booking window?? Has anyone else noticed??
Yet on all the repo cruises next year there is still availability.

Maybe I'm just reading too much into it but all this secrecy about entertainment
Onboard has my head working overtime

Btw I don't need to know I like surprises
Old 05-02-2013, 04:41 AM   #2421
StephenKay
DVC Member VWL 2001

Post EBTA-Next Year & Ents

Quote:
Originally Posted by binkytell View Post
Just checking out prices ready to make a decision onboard.

Got me thinking, I don't think I have ever seen concierge available for this cruise, right from booking window?? Has anyone else noticed??
Yet on all the repo cruises next year there is still availability.

Maybe I'm just reading too much into it but all this secrecy about entertainment
Onboard has my head working overtime

Btw I don't need to know I like surprises
Morning Sarah,

I have already booked for next years EBTA, however the first thing I want to do is to make a new reservation onboard and then cancel the original ressie. In doing so I will probably change the Cat of at least one stateroom. Whilst I won't save anything, it will make my wife and daughter happy, it's 2 staterooms for the first time, Mary and I in one and daughter and friend or cousin in the other.

As for entertainment, Disney Cruise Line think they are being oh so special not telling us, however remember that DCL is not really "known" outside of North America, most people don't even know they have cruise liners that come to Europe and should be doing more to advertise whats onboard like RCCL and others are doing in Europe in a big way. I think the not "telling" is more to do with "booking" acts at specific timelines rather than it being so special. That said they generally have something of note, such as singers from favourite classic movies, even Charro was a laugh. It will be unusual, as previously they get the bigger acts to join the in the Caribbean and on the EBTA that's not possible, who knows, however whatever they have we always have the stage shows to look forward too. We shall just have to wait to check in.

Off to do some packing.
Old 05-02-2013, 04:53 AM   #2422
Carys
Mouse-Eared Kiwi
Has been known to mix up her sugar and her salt!
Owns 5 pairs of red socks

This time in two weeks, I will be frantically packing for my flight to the United States the following day. Yikes! I really can't believe it's so soon. All my paperwork is sorted except for making extra passport photocopies. Sea sickness wrist bands have been purchased in case of illness.

My friend said to me in the lift at work today - it's only 2 weeks til your cruise right? I couldn't even say anything in response I was grinning so widely

So great to see the list of movies, thanks for finding that out!

We also had the WBPC cruise booked for next year, but the dates were looking a bit early to suit us so I'll be keen to check out the discount on the EBPC later in the year. Or maybe even another Transatlantic...

Great, now I'm going to start dreaming about the next cruise and I haven't even set sail on this one yet!!
DCL: EBTA '13(Magic), 5N '12(Dream), WBPC '11(Wonder), 4N '09(Wonder); WDW: '12(SSR/AKV); '11(POFQ), '09(POR), '08(POR), '07(POR), '05x2(Popx2); HKD: '11(Offsite), '09x2(Offsite,HH); TDR: '08(Offsite); DL: '13(GC), '98(Offsite)
Carys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:11 AM   #2423
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I am trying to figure out how / where to register for group outings and would love some advice (preferably PM so as not to hog up the boards!) on my next steps ;-)

Welcome aboard!

I sent you an email last night Definitely read page one where the event organizers have each event's info and the embedded links. Let me know how many for PJ breakfast and I can add you to that list. If you are overnighting in Galveston and want to come to Tremont, just show up. Too late for name badges (they are already printed and in my hands). Just contact each person via the method indicated. Make some quick posts to get to 10 so you can send private messages here. And I hear ya about Facebook --- some of us (like myself) use facebook for many aspects of life and work, but some don't use facebook at all so the decision was made about a year ago for this thread to keep the main details on DIS. We try to keep both places updated (and of course you have the rollcalls going on CruiseCritic, etc).

I am crazy busy these next several days for sure - about to get dressed to pick up one family from this rollcall who landed from London yesterday - and being tourists with them Thurs/Fri (translation: Work on their YEE HAW with a British accent! Billy Bob's later today....) Better wake the others in my house up!!
MandyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:12 AM   #2424
p17blo
DIS Veteran

Does anyone else think the ESTA scheme is a waste of time? I just updated my document and firstly noticed that I hadn't updated it last time I flew to the US so that in itself is ridiculous, but then I added my flight details, where I will be staying for 8 hours (ie the first night hotel) but there is no mention of flight dates etc.

It just doesn't make sense to me. I guess it is generally covering you for travel to the US for 2 years, but why make me fill out flight and hotel details that are meaningless? Let's assume they want to find me on May 28th? Are they going to look at the hotel I was in on May 17th? Surprisingly they won't find me.

It just actually seems a way to tax people entering the US, $14 every two years. I think I prefer the old Visa Waiver Forms.

p17blo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:20 AM   #2425
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by p17blo View Post

It just actually seems a way to tax people entering the US, $14 every two years. I think I prefer the old Visa Waiver Forms.
Made me think of departure taxes when flying out. Speaking of.... I need to look at the countries we are visiting post cruise and flying out of... we were almost short in Costa Rica a month ago for departure taxes and hate the credit card fees!
MandyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:00 AM   #2426
kaseyC

Mother of Three Lovely Princesses
DVC Owner - BWV

Quote:

Welcome!!
BC/ Disney Wonder 2000 ~ Poly Concierge 2002 ~ BC Concierge 2003 ~ SSR 2004 ~ BWV 2005 ~ WL Concierge 2006 ~ Disney Wonder/BWV 2006 ~ BWV 2007 ~ Disney Magic Trans-Atlantic Repo 2007 ~ Disney Magic W. Caribbean 2007 ~ AKV 2008 ~ BWV F&WF 2008 ~ Poly CL 2008/2009 ~ BCV/ Disney Magic E. Caribbean 2009 ~ BWV 2010 ~ AKV/ Disney Dream B2B 2011~ BW Flower & Garden Weekend 2011 ~ BLT 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy E. Caribbean 2012 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2013 ~ Disneyland Paris 2013 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2014 ~ Grand Californian CL 2014
kaseyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:25 AM   #2427
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors

Quote:

Glad you found us!
Old 05-02-2013, 08:27 AM   #2428
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyGirl View Post
My friend onboard the Magic this week found the 20% off flyer at deck four. Certain cruises. Posted a pic on the fb page that he sent me of the flyer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gramfrog View Post
MandyGirl's list of 20% off select cruises which she posted on Facebook (4 available after our cruise) included in 2013:
the EBPC on Sept 14 on the Wonder, LA to Galveston;
and in 2014,
the WBPC on May 2, Miami to San Diego on the Wonder,
the EBPC Sept. 12 on the Wonder, San Diego to Port Canaveral,
and the EBTA on May 13, Port Canaveral to Barcelona.
I wish I could take advantage of one of the 20% off cruises in 2014, but I am already committed to 2 major trips earlier in the year. I recently moved a dummy booking to a Dec. 2014 4-night Magic cruise out of Miami. If I sail with DCL in 2014, that's as exciting as it's going to get!
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:29 AM   #2429
geffric
DH thinks I'm funny -- but I tell him it's like a hobby!
I found myself checking for new posting while I am at work, at home, doing homework
I have LOTS of really nice Disney loving friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenKay View Post
I have already booked for next years EBTA, however the first thing I want to do is to make a new reservation onboard and then cancel the original ressie.
me too..a rt is cheaper than a 1 way air flight ..so since I am going on the WBTA 2014, I figured it was cheaper to book the EBTA 2014 too..

How is that for rationalization?? Plus since I am taking Son#1 on this trip, to make it even I need to take son #2 on the next..LOL

geffric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:46 AM   #2430
StephenKay
DVC Member VWL 2001

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by geffric View Post
me too..a rt is cheaper than a 1 way air flight ..so since I am going on the WBTA 2014, I figured it was cheaper to book the EBTA 2014 too..

How is that for rationalization?? Plus since I am taking Son#1 on this trip, to make it even I need to take son #2 on the next..LOL
If my wife doesn't do "away" with me before then I expect to be doing both also, together of course. Your right a return is the best way to go and 26 days of cruising to boot at a good price.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: