Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 08:27 PM   #3031
wdwagain518
Mouseketeer

deposit made today for Dec 2-10....hoping for FD but thrilled to be going "home" at Christmastime!

Old 05-01-2013, 09:28 PM   #3032
Eeyore's My Favorite
EW Disney Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingDisny View Post
We paid for preferred location, but I am going to fax in a request for bldg 14, 15 or 18 - ground floor.

Requesting ground floor because I know how tired we will be when we get back from the parks and would prefer not to deal with the stairs. Those bldgs because I want to be as close to the bus stop, food court & main pool as possible. I will be fine if the resort cannot met the requests, which is why I paid for preferred location - that was the most important thing to me. I just figure It can't hurt to ask for what you want most.

Enjoy your trip! we have 39 days to go
We've stayed at POR twice in the last 3 weeks with a preferred room. The first time we were ground floor, building 18, room 1805. Perfect location to everything!! Room was ready when we arrived at about 11am. This past week the room wasn't ready in building 18 so we asked that they just go ahead and find us something as we wanted to dump everything in the room, change clothes & head to MK. We ended up in Building 14, second floor. It was a haul up those stairs definitely, but the location was still good. The only thing I didn't like was that this room wasn't as nice as the room in Building 18. We used the quiet pool behind building 18 this visit & that was very relaxing. Very few people in the pool at all.

Enjoy your trip.

Well - the AP's have run out so it's time to begin saving again for the big 30th Wedding Anniversary Celebration.

AKL, CBR, WL, POP, POR, ASMo, ASMu, AS Sports, Fort Wilderness -1973-Grad Night : 1st WDW visit the year it opened!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-01-2013, 09:50 PM   #3033
LovingDisny
I'm not going to lie. I like to lurk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore's My Favorite View Post
We've stayed at POR twice in the last 3 weeks with a preferred room. The first time we were ground floor, building 18, room 1805. Perfect location to everything!! Room was ready when we arrived at about 11am. This past week the room wasn't ready in building 18 so we asked that they just go ahead and find us something as we wanted to dump everything in the room, change clothes & head to MK. We ended up in Building 14, second floor. It was a haul up those stairs definitely, but the location was still good. The only thing I didn't like was that this room wasn't as nice as the room in Building 18. We used the quiet pool behind building 18 this visit & that was very relaxing. Very few people in the pool at all.

Enjoy your trip.
Thank you, good info! I am so excited!
2004- CBR with hubby & oldest son
2010- POR with hubby & both boys
2013- POR with hubby & both boys AGAIN!
2015- Me, hubby & both boys - we are thinking Coronado Springs -
Old 05-01-2013, 10:05 PM   #3034
maryj11
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore's My Favorite View Post

Enjoy your trip.
Do you have any photos of building 18 ? We were thinking of requesting it to be close to the quiet pool ? I would love to see some photos. I have searched and found maybe 2 but they were far away and I couldnt see much lol
Old 05-01-2013, 10:24 PM   #3035
DanInMN
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarrahA View Post
DanInMN, free dining will be available for booking May 9th for your dates Sept. Just giving an FYI for booking purposes in case you didn't already know Have fun & happy anniversary!!!
Yes, and that's why I booked the airline tickets for those dates! I will be looking for the FD offer on 5/6 or 5/9.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:48 PM   #3036
TarrahA
Mouseketeer

Well that's refreshing to see - a husband that pays attention to detail enough to plan a WDW trip in advance I'm sure your wife is aware & grateful!! Good luck with booking, let us know how it goes!
Old 05-02-2013, 07:14 AM   #3037
luciagirl
Earning My Ears

kids services

Hi I've tried to do a search regarding child care and didn't have much luck. I was wondering if anyone knows if Riverside has a anything like a kids club at night so maybe my husband and I could go out for dinner or something? I don't think I want to have a babysitter come to our room. I would rather they have the opportunity to play with other kids and have activities.

We leave on the 14th.....getting sooooo excited!!!

Old 05-02-2013, 07:38 AM   #3038
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luciagirl
Hi I've tried to do a search regarding child care and didn't have much luck. I was wondering if anyone knows if Riverside has a anything like a kids club at night so maybe my husband and I could go out for dinner or something? I don't think I want to have a babysitter come to our room. I would rather they have the opportunity to play with other kids and have activities.

I don't think POR does, but you can use any of the kids clubs at any of the other resorts that do. You don't have to be staying at that resort.
Old 05-02-2013, 01:02 PM   #3039
LovingDisny
I'm not going to lie. I like to lurk.

38 days to go
2004- CBR with hubby & oldest son
2010- POR with hubby & both boys
2013- POR with hubby & both boys AGAIN!
2015- Me, hubby & both boys - we are thinking Coronado Springs -
Old 05-02-2013, 01:15 PM   #3040
Drjkowens
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by luciagirl View Post

Very true. You can use the child care anywhere on property. We will often drop of the kids at the Beach/Yacht Club childcare and then head over to the Yachtsman or Flying Fish (our favorites) for a wonderful dinner. Long time ago, when you checked in, you received a coupon book. In the back was a coupon for childcare (15% off I think). Good luck!
Old 05-02-2013, 01:56 PM   #3041
BrentSD
Earning My Ears

10 days away from our POR vacation!

Should I send my fax in today or wait until early next week?
Old 05-02-2013, 02:03 PM   #3042
mejo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking Princess View Post
Faxed in my room request at 11:00 am this morning. I heard back from David personally less than two hours later, just wanting to confirm what I was looking for in a room, and told me which ones were available. He then asked which one I wanted. I thanked him a bunch for his concern, picked my room, and am very grateful for the pixie dust starting this far out!

5 days to go!
I faxed mine in on Monday, I did not get a response, do you always?

Old 05-02-2013, 02:22 PM   #3043
SkywayGuy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarrahA View Post
Well that's refreshing to see - a husband that pays attention to detail enough to plan a WDW trip in advance I'm sure your wife is aware & grateful!! Good luck with booking, let us know how it goes!
Ha! I (the husband) am always the one who the plans the Disney trip! My wife rolls her eyes. This year in a Rite of Passage, I've turned the detailed planning over to my daughter, who requested the trip to celebrate graduating from College. I've armed her with all the tools / tricks of the trade: copy of the Unofficial Guide, links to WDWINFO, this forum, the Lines AP, etc. She chose our dining options but (ahem) I made the actual reservations. My only downfall - I waited too long to make reservations for the Wishes Desert party and they're sold out.

But I am Soooo ready to be at the resort. It's been a long winter here in Indiana. I keep picturing myself reading my Nook, sipping something decadent at the Ol' Man River Pool bar. . . Less than three weeks now
Old 05-02-2013, 02:29 PM   #3044
SkywayGuy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by luciagirl View Post
POR doesn't have a kids club unless you count the daytime Pirates cruise. But if you want to go enjoy something for grownups while your kids are at a play center you can still use one of the services at a Deluxe resort. So for example, if you have dinner at Artist Point at WL you can check your child into the Cubs Den while you dine. Each Deluxe resort has it's own service.

I don't think I'd want to hire a baby sitter to come to the room either.
Old 05-02-2013, 02:31 PM   #3045
Nebraska_Disney
Mouseketeer

When I faxed in my request for our March trip to POR, I did not receive a response. When I got there, I received my "first choice" of the 4 room numbers that I requested in my fax. So, I am guessing they did receive it :-)
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: