Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-01-2013, 05:38 PM   #46
Buckeye218
DVC Member since 2004
 
Buckeye218's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Longwood, FL
Posts: 296

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseDave View Post
That's interesting. We were there and signed-up right we went got on-board. When we went to the class he commented how it was a small group. We had 15 people.
Were you in the Skyline group (the original class)? Or were you in the Animator's Palate group?
__________________
Buckeye218
DVC Owner - Old Key West
Dis Dads Club Member #85

Disney Fantasy 7 Night Eastern April 2013 Disney Magic 7 Night Eastern September 2006
Disney Fantasy 7 Night Western June 2012 Disney Wonder 4 Night October 2005

Disney Magic 7 Night Eastern March 2008 Disney Magic 7 Night Western October 2004
Buckeye218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:06 PM   #47
lilinando
Earning My Ears
 
lilinando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: tennessee
Posts: 33

My adult son and I did the mixology class on the fantasy the first week of March. There were right at 20 people in the group. first the bartender talked about the different types of liquor. Then he talked specifically about each drink prior to us making them. Four people at a time would go behind the bar and each make five drinks of one kind then we would all drink that drink. Then four more people to go behind the bar and they would each make five of the next drink and so on and so on. That way every person got to make 5 of one drink and every person attending got to drink one of all five kinds of drinks. It was very fun it was in the skyline lounge and lasted about an hour and a half.

I ordered tickets for it prior to sailing when ordering stateroom gifts etc but had to wait til we were onboard to book which specific class day/time with ticket/voucher.
lilinando is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-01-2013, 08:14 PM   #48
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran
 
PrincessShmoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 15,082

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilinando View Post
My adult son and I did the mixology class on the fantasy the first week of March. There were right at 20 people in the group. first the bartender talked about the different types of liquor. Then he talked specifically about each drink prior to us making them. Four people at a time would go behind the bar and each make five drinks of one kind then we would all drink that drink. Then four more people to go behind the bar and they would each make five of the next drink and so on and so on. That way every person got to make 5 of one drink and every person attending got to drink one of all five kinds of drinks. It was very fun it was in the skyline lounge and lasted about an hour and a half.

I ordered tickets for it prior to sailing when ordering stateroom gifts etc but had to wait til we were onboard to book which specific class day/time with ticket/voucher.
I don't get this? I can't find anywhere to order tickets for the Mixology classes online. It's always been only available once onboard.


__________________

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:17 PM   #49
Meghatron
DIS Veteran
 
Meghatron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,718

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post

I don't get this? I can't find anywhere to order tickets for the Mixology classes online. It's always been only available once onboard.

Yeah, I don't know what the poster's talking about, either. The only thing available online is the Rainforest Room pass.
__________________
Me DH DD (4) DS (1)
Disneyland Annual Passholder; eloped in Snow White's Grotto
Castaway Club Gold; miss having DCL in our backyard!


Meghatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:47 PM   #50
lilinando
Earning My Ears
 
lilinando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: tennessee
Posts: 33

My apologies, it was the rainforest pass I ordered with stateroom gifts. As I mentioned we had to book the particular mixology class we wanted onboard. I mixed up which thing required the previously purchased voucher.
lilinando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:50 PM   #51
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran
 
PrincessShmoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 15,082

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilinando View Post
My apologies, it was the rainforest pass I ordered with stateroom gifts. As I mentioned we had to book the particular mixology class we wanted onboard. I mixed up which thing required the previously purchased voucher.
OK, because I would be so all over getting those Mixology tickets before boarding! Oh, well, just gotta be "first onboard" I guess .
__________________

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:12 AM   #52
cwdefouw
DVC Member since 1999
 
cwdefouw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 684

There are usually several opportunities for each class on each cruise, even on a three day, we did the tequila tasting on CC day on our last 3 day cruise. You can sign up for all of the classes at Guest Services, and I doubt you need to be "first on the ship" to get a spot. We signed up the same day for the tequila tasting.

Also something else to consider, if you have a big group you can book and schedule private mixology classes in advance of the cruise. Our Disboard group for the WBPC is so large they had to schedule two private classes. The price is still the same $15 pp. We don't sail until next Monday, but we already know when and where our class will be. If you are participating in your cruise meet thread, you might suggest this and see who is interested.
__________________

cwdefouw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:29 AM   #53
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club ~ My driveway to WDW = 1 hour!
 
Silverfox97's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Tampa, FL resident since 2007 (formally from Lorain & Columbus O-H-I-O)
Posts: 5,931

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwdefouw View Post
There are usually several opportunities for each class on each cruise, even on a three day, we did the tequila tasting on CC day on our last 3 day cruise. You can sign up for all of the classes at Guest Services, and I doubt you need to be "first on the ship" to get a spot. We signed up the same day for the tequila tasting.

Also something else to consider, if you have a big group you can book and schedule private mixology classes in advance of the cruise. Our Disboard group for the WBPC is so large they had to schedule two private classes. The price is still the same $15 pp. We don't sail until next Monday, but we already know when and where our class will be. If you are participating in your cruise meet thread, you might suggest this and see who is interested.
This varies. On the Fantasy, private Mixology is $20/pp. Also on the Fantasy, you DO need to head to La Piazza the first day from 1-3p to book, as on two of my three cruises on the Fantasy, both Mixology classes were booked by the end of the first day.

This may not be true for all of the ships.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
Emily Scott Isabelle Tiger Bogey Zoe Singer Brutus
PLATINUM DCL Cruisers~ WDW Annual passholders since September 2007!

2015 - Magic x2 - Mar Western, June Scandinavia ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/repo B2B ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:31 AM   #54
RN_Mom
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Tampa Bay, Florida
Posts: 347

We booked right when boarding the Fantasy in March at guest services
__________________
Always dreaming of being on the "Mickey Boat"
Christina

RN_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:42 PM   #55
PPink
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMMarla07860
My dad and I did a back-2-back on the Fantasy, March 16th-23rd and March 23rd-30th and on the March 16th cruise on the second sea day we did the Martini tasting and then the Mixology, and to top that off we got free drink at captains reception so we were pretty hungover that night. For both tasting we got 5 drinks, but big, but not small. If we did only one tasting that day we would have been fine. The week after we only did Martini tasting since Mixology filled up fast. And we were good
Where do you sign up for these classes? We did Dream and planning Fantasy ... I had no clue that classes like this exists. - thanks.
PPink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:49 PM   #56
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club ~ My driveway to WDW = 1 hour!
 
Silverfox97's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Tampa, FL resident since 2007 (formally from Lorain & Columbus O-H-I-O)
Posts: 5,931

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPink View Post

Where do you sign up for these classes? We did Dream and planning Fantasy ... I had no clue that classes like this exists. - thanks.
Embarkation day, La Piazza 1-3pm

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
Emily Scott Isabelle Tiger Bogey Zoe Singer Brutus
PLATINUM DCL Cruisers~ WDW Annual passholders since September 2007!

2015 - Magic x2 - Mar Western, June Scandinavia ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/repo B2B ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:53 PM   #57
PPink
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox97

Embarkation day, La Piazza 1-3pm

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Thanks.
PPink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:55 AM   #58
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran
 
MandyGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 2,581

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwdefouw View Post

Also something else to consider, if you have a big group you can book and schedule private mixology classes in advance of the cruise. Our Disboard group for the WBPC is so large they had to schedule two private classes. The price is still the same $15 pp. We don't sail until next Monday, but we already know when and where our class will be. If you are participating in your cruise meet thread, you might suggest this and see who is interested.
Same thing here -- our WBTA 2011 and upcoming EBTA this month both prebooked private classes. $15 mixology (two classes) and $30 chocolate tasting (plus of course Champagne Girls at $30). We know dates and times, and will receive tickets from Guest Services with our onboard accounts charged from signing up prior to the cruise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox97 View Post
This varies. On the Fantasy, private Mixology is $20/pp.
We were pleased to see the recent price drop of Mixology. Not sure if all ships, but the Magic Mixology is $15 now. New price decrease.
MandyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:57 AM   #59
stmize
DVC member--Nov 2010--WDW mom of ds 16 & dd 13
 
stmize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Flintstone, GA
Posts: 1,839

Can you do pre booking before boarding the ship or as soon as you board in the district
__________________

stmize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:34 AM   #60
DMMarla07860
DIS Veteran
 
DMMarla07860's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Andover, nj
Posts: 5,942

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmize View Post
Can you do pre booking before boarding the ship or as soon as you board in the district
You can't pre-book before Onboard, so just as soon as you board sign up
__________________
July 14th-18th, 2002- 3 Night Resort and 4 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, April 23rd-30th, 2005- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise, August 19th-26th, 2006- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Double Dip Cruise, September 6th-9th, 2007- 3 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, July 13th- 20th, 2008- Mexican Riviera Disney Magic Cruise, February 21st-28th, 2009- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise, February 28th-March 7th, 2009- 7 Night Disney Magic Eastern Cruise, August 27th-30th, 2009- 3 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, December 10th-13th, 2009- 3 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, March 6th-13th, 2010- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise, February 17th-20th, 2011- 3 Night Disney Dream Cruise, February 20th-24th, 2011- 4 Night Disney Dream Cruise, April 27th-May 3rd, 2011- 6 Night LA to Vancouver Disney Wonder Cruise
February 16th-19th, 2012- 3 Night Disney Dream Cruise, April 21st-28th, 2012- 7 Night Disney Fantasy Eastern Cruise(first one),
June 15th-17th, 2012- 2 Night Disney Magic Cruise(NYC), August 17th- 25th, 2012- 8 Night Disney Magic Cruise(NYC)March 16th-23rd, 2013-7 Night Disney Fantasy Western March 23rd-30th, 2013-Disney Fantasy EasternUpcoming Cruises: November 20th-24th, 2013- Disney Magic

Last edited by DMMarla07860; 05-04-2013 at 10:33 AM.
DMMarla07860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.