DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-01-2013, 01:21 AM   #1
DVC_Corrys
DIS Veteran
 
DVC_Corrys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Starbucks
Posts: 677

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Aulani Pool Hours

Aloha!!

Heading out to Aulani in 17 days.... wanted to know what the current pool hours are? I didn't see it listed on any of the Daily Iwa's.

Thanks Disboard Team!
DVC_Corrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:29 AM   #2
mom2aidanNpiper
DIS Veteran
 
mom2aidanNpiper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,231

The hours for the pool and hot tubs are 8-10 currently

They are listed on the back side of the daily Iwa's (along with the water sides/lazy river, menehune bridge, etc) . So on the top right corner on the last page of each days Daily Iwa (if that makes sense lol)

Hope that helps!

Here's the link to the Iwa's: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3103331
__________________
Me DH DS12 DD8


DL: 1985, 1988, 1994, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012 (x2),2013 (x2) WDW: 2010 DCL: 2010, 2011, 2012 Aulani : 2013, 2014
mom2aidanNpiper is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-01-2013, 01:34 AM   #3
DVC_Corrys
DIS Veteran
 
DVC_Corrys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Starbucks
Posts: 677

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2aidanNpiper View Post
The hours for the pool and hot tubs are 8-10 currently

They are listed on the back side of the daily Iwa's (along with the water sides/lazy river, menehune bridge, etc) . So on the top right corner on the last page of each days Daily Iwa (if that makes sense lol)

Hope that helps!

Here's the link to the Iwa's: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3103331
I was just looking at your postings!!! Thanks for posting them all.

Don't I feel stupid. They are right there... haha!!

What time do people start heading down to the pool for seats? We were there in Dec 2011 and we would go down about 8 and we could get the front ones right at the wall between the lagoon and Aulani. They were great.
DVC_Corrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:55 AM   #4
mom2aidanNpiper
DIS Veteran
 
mom2aidanNpiper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,231

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC_Corrys

I was just looking at your postings!!! Thanks for posting them all.

Don't I feel stupid. They are right there... haha!!

What time do people start heading down to the pool for seats? We were there in Dec 2011 and we would go down about 8 and we could get the front ones right at the wall between the lagoon and Aulani. They were great.
Don't feel dumb lol! There's a lot of tiny print on those Iwa's

People started going down right at 8. On Fri/sat/sun it filled quick-by 9 the front seats all around the pool were gone. It seemed locals from Oahu or other islands came down for the weekends and it was much busier.

On the weekdays though, we went down later (or left and came back mid morning) and it seemed much quieter with seats far more open.

Feel free to read about my trip on my blog: http://ouradventuresasafoursome.blogspot.com/?m=1
__________________
Me DH DS12 DD8


DL: 1985, 1988, 1994, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012 (x2),2013 (x2) WDW: 2010 DCL: 2010, 2011, 2012 Aulani : 2013, 2014
mom2aidanNpiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:58 AM   #5
DVC_Corrys
DIS Veteran
 
DVC_Corrys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Starbucks
Posts: 677

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Seattle!! Nice, we are out on in Central Washington. Glad to see we have some other DVC owners up here!!
DVC_Corrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:01 AM   #6
mom2aidanNpiper
DIS Veteran
 
mom2aidanNpiper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,231

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC_Corrys
Seattle!! Nice, we are out on in Central Washington. Glad to see we have some other DVC owners up here!!
We aren't owners yet (rented twice this year) but seriously are considering it! We are in Shoreline, about ten minutes north of Seattle
__________________
Me DH DS12 DD8


DL: 1985, 1988, 1994, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012 (x2),2013 (x2) WDW: 2010 DCL: 2010, 2011, 2012 Aulani : 2013, 2014
mom2aidanNpiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:03 AM   #7
DVC_Corrys
DIS Veteran
 
DVC_Corrys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Starbucks
Posts: 677

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2aidanNpiper View Post
We aren't owners yet (rented twice this year) but seriously are considering it! We are in Shoreline, about ten minutes north of Seattle
You should buy... no pressure.

My wife and I bought at Bay Lake in 08 and Aulani in 10. Both were before we had kids. Best decision we ever made.

Traveling is that much easier.

Now, they need to start a DVC for the Disney Cruise Line!!
DVC_Corrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:05 AM   #8
Jkpark
DIS Veteran
 
Jkpark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 693

We were expecting to get seats early but it was really crowded when we were there. (March Spring Break falling week heading into Easter). The prime seats were gone by 8. This was front rows all around and anything near an umbrella. By 9 you couldn't get a seat. CMs realized this by day 2 or 3 and worked to clear chairs that were left unused for a while so you actually had better luck around 10 or 11, but honestly most prime chairs remained occupied. We were able to get our pick of seats for our evening swims . I haven't read a lot of reviews like that - so it may have just been that week but we did see people sprinting off the elevators before 7am to race to the pool deck with towels in hand...
__________________

WDW: Dec '85 (offsite), May '01 (offsite), Nov '02 (POFQ/Swan), Jan '07 (POP), Oct '08 (offsite), May '11 (SSR), Sept '12 (offsite/BLT)
March 2012 Aulani
Plus lots of trips to Disneyland
Jkpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:10 AM   #9
mom2aidanNpiper
DIS Veteran
 
mom2aidanNpiper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,231

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkpark
We were expecting to get seats early but it was really crowded when we were there. (March Spring Break falling week heading into Easter). The prime seats were gone by 8. This was front rows all around and anything near an umbrella. By 9 you couldn't get a seat. CMs realized this by day 2 or 3 and worked to clear chairs that were left unused for a while so you actually had better luck around 10 or 11, but honestly most prime chairs remained occupied. We were able to get our pick of seats for our evening swims . I haven't read a lot of reviews like that - so it may have just been that week but we did see people sprinting off the elevators before 7am to race to the pool deck with towels in hand...
Wow! Yeah we didn't see anything like that (we were there week after Easter). There were always chairs available but not always in the front. And weekdays were way better like I mentioned!

We chair hopped a lot most days and went back and forth all morning and always got a seat in the front

Hopefully your experience was unique to being super close to a holiday!
__________________
Me DH DS12 DD8


DL: 1985, 1988, 1994, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012 (x2),2013 (x2) WDW: 2010 DCL: 2010, 2011, 2012 Aulani : 2013, 2014
mom2aidanNpiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:56 AM   #10
MissMet
DVC Member, former NY Mets Season Tkt Holder & Blogging Addict
 
MissMet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 1,914

Ugh! Pool hours...my biggest pet peeve. When I'm on vacation I like to stay out past 10pm.

Are they sticklers about it? Do you think if my husband & I tried for the hot tub after 10pm we'd be kicked out?

It just drives me nuts. All hotels do it. I get it, because of the noise, but when you pick your room on a cruise ship & are a light sleeper, you choose not to be under/above the nightclubs, etc. Why can't it be the same at hotels? Don't get a pool view if you're a light sleeper. Nothing better than being on vacation & taking a late night swim.

Ok, I'm done.
__________________

MissMet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:13 AM   #11
mom2aidanNpiper
DIS Veteran
 
mom2aidanNpiper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,231

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMet
Ugh! Pool hours...my biggest pet peeve. When I'm on vacation I like to stay out past 10pm.

Are they sticklers about it? Do you think if my husband & I tried for the hot tub after 10pm we'd be kicked out?

It just drives me nuts. All hotels do it. I get it, because of the noise, but when you pick your room on a cruise ship & are a light sleeper, you choose not to be under/above the nightclubs, etc. Why can't it be the same at hotels? Don't get a pool view if you're a light sleeper. Nothing better than being on vacation & taking a late night swim.

Ok, I'm done.
Lol. Not sure on how strict they are at night. We (and from what we could tell MANY others) had the opposite problem. Up super early because we hadn't adjusted to the time zone. So lots of people were up and walking around the resort before 7am. I did see them telling people in the morning that the pool wasn't open yet and they couldn't be in there. So it was lots of just wandering around we saw, and people at the beach. Once lifeguards came on duty then they allowed people in the pool, and lifeguards were there until the pool closed at ten.

I also had issues with the bar and snack shops opening at ten and eleven. When I've been up since 5, I think its ok to want a drink at 9am on vacation lol. We saw a lot of people hanging around Off the Hook waiting for them to open lol.
__________________
Me DH DS12 DD8


DL: 1985, 1988, 1994, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012 (x2),2013 (x2) WDW: 2010 DCL: 2010, 2011, 2012 Aulani : 2013, 2014
mom2aidanNpiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:57 PM   #12
dsneygirl
My little pirate is here
The mixed drinks always tasted yummy to me
 
dsneygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: VWL and Ontario
Posts: 5,402

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2aidanNpiper View Post
Lol. Not sure on how strict they are at night. We (and from what we could tell MANY others) had the opposite problem. Up super early because we hadn't adjusted to the time zone. So lots of people were up and walking around the resort before 7am. I did see them telling people in the morning that the pool wasn't open yet and they couldn't be in there. So it was lots of just wandering around we saw, and people at the beach. Once lifeguards came on duty then they allowed people in the pool, and lifeguards were there until the pool closed at ten.

I also had issues with the bar and snack shops opening at ten and eleven. When I've been up since 5, I think its ok to want a drink at 9am on vacation lol. We saw a lot of people hanging around Off the Hook waiting for them to open lol.
Totally agree. We found the place deserted after about 9:30pm as most were sleeping. We were usually at the pool by 8:30-9 since we were up at 6 every morning. Never fully adjusted to the time change.
__________________
FW 1980, 1984, 1988, DxL 1992, Canada Pavillon CM July 1997-July 1998, (Met DH at the BeaverTails shack) Off site Feb 1999 Engaged at Cindy's Sept 2000, DL GC Feb 2001, POFQ Sept 2001, Poly June 2002, Off site March 2003, FW Hallowe'en 2003, GF Xmas 2003, DisneyLand Oct 2004, FW May 2005 Joined DVC June 2005 SSR Oct 2005, OKW Dec 2005, DLH Mar 2006,DS's 1st Trip BCV & CBR Oct 2006, VWL & POR Dec 2006, BCV & POR May 2007, BWV & ASM Aug 2007, SSR Oct 2007 VWL Dec 2007, AKL/VWL Sept 2008, March 2009 Pop/BCV, Disney Wonder and AKV/BCV May 2009, AKL/VWL Sept 2009, OKW Dec 2009,Mar 2010 Disney Wonder and BLT, May 2010 AKL, Aug 2010 VWL/BCV,Dec 2010 AKL, Feb 2011 Disney Dream/VWL, May 2011 BLT, Sept 2011 VGC, Oct 2011 SSR, Aulani June 2012, BCV/VWL Sept 2012, AKV/BLT Sept 2013, Dec 2013 VWL/DisneyDream, Aug 2014 SSR/AKL, Nov 2014 VGC
(me)(DH)(DS 8) (DS 3)
dsneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:31 PM   #13
BlazerFan
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Vancouver (not B.C.), Washington (not D.C.)
Posts: 430

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC_Corrys
Seattle!! Nice, we are out on in Central Washington. Glad to see we have some other DVC owners up here!!
Another Washington owner from the south in Vancouver. We also own at VGC. :-)
BlazerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:10 PM   #14
Iggipolka


DIS Veteran
 
Iggipolka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 2,308

Our kids were up at 4am every morning, so by 7, they were bouncing off the walls and ready to get to the pool. We had no problems getting chairs by the pool at that time of morning and our kids did swim before the official 8am pool opening time. We weren't kicked out of the pool because we were there early.

I do wish that the QS places opened earlier. We usually had a "second breakfast" around 9am at the Olelo room or brought down muffins and juice from the room to eat at the pool. It would be great to have other QS food options in the morning.
__________________


DVC owners at AKV, VGC & Aulani
Iggipolka is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:59 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.