Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2013, 06:05 AM   #1
Kebby
Mouseketeer

OMG- I am going insane trying to decide what to do- help me!

Initially, we were booked for two nights at the beach club, followed by 7 nights at thepoly. We have four young kids. We then found someone to rent points from at BLT for 6 nights, and cancelled our reso. Well, sadly, the person changed thier mind about renting us the points. My biggest concern is all of us being in one room and the toddlers waking up in the night and waking up the bigger kids- or each other!

So now, I am struggling with what to do.

1. Rebook the poly with FD. Keep initial plan
2.I can rent points at BLT again, but one night is missing-sept 24. So we would need to move from a two bedroom to a one bedroom for that night.

Plan two would be:

Poly for Sept 18-21 with free dining, then check into 2 bed BLT for 21-24, then check into 1 bed for 25-27.

Plan 3 would be:

Poly Sept 18-21 with FD, then check into Wilderness Lodge 2 bedroom for the rest of the trip

Plan 4: Poly initially, then check into AKL ( which we have rented at before and love) but I am worried about how far it is for midday breaks.

Someone help me decide!!! I am going crazy here!
Kebby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:18 AM   #2
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

sorry the person changed their minds

would go with plan 3 or plan 2

might go with another one Polyn then BCV 2-bedroom or BWV

you are staying at the Poly regardless right - then would go for an Epcot resort not another MK resort.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-29-2013, 06:32 AM   #3
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebby View Post
Initially, we were booked for two nights at the beach club, followed by 7 nights at thepoly. We have four young kids. We then found someone to rent points from at BLT for 6 nights, and cancelled our reso. Well, sadly, the person changed thier mind about renting us the points. My biggest concern is all of us being in one room and the toddlers waking up in the night and waking up the bigger kids- or each other!

2.I can rent points at BLT again, but one night is missing-sept 24. So we would need to move from a two bedroom to a one bedroom for that night.

Plan two would be:

Poly for Sept 18-21 with free dining, then check into 2 bed BLT for 21-24, then check into 1 bed for 25-27.

Plan 3 would be:

Poly Sept 18-21 with FD, then check into Wilderness Lodge 2 bedroom for the rest of the trip

Plan 4: Poly initially, then check into AKL ( which we have rented at before and love) but I am worried about how far it is for midday breaks.

I'm sorry the member changed his/her mind about renting points, but glad you might have someone else to rent from if that's what you decide to do. I like the original plan of the BC for 2 nights followed by the Poly for 7 nights, but if you now want a villa for part of the time for more space, I would go with plan 3. With young kids you will probably be spending a lot of time at MK and those 2 resorts are very convenient to MK for going back to the resort for afternoon breaks. Good luck with whatever you decide, but IMO, they are all great resort choices.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:00 AM   #4
momtobrynncess
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Plan two would be:

Plan 3 would be:

Can I ask, why split stays?

Plan 1 would be great without the move from Beach Club.
Plan 2 is easy, having only to move within the same resort, and it's just for one night.
5/97 CR Tower-8/98 CR-10/99 GF-9/2000 CR-9/01 CR (got engaged!-9/02 CR/Married at Wedding Pavilion-9/03 CR-9/04 GF/CR-9/05 WL-1/06 CR-9/06 OKW-2/07 CR (got upgraded to Concierge!)-9/07 CR-9/08 Poly-11/2009 Poly-9/2010 Poly-8/11 Poly-8/2012 CSR-8/13 Poly
Me dh dd ddog

momtobrynncess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:36 AM   #5
Kebby
Mouseketeer

The splirt is because my heart truely belongs to the polynesian, but with four young kids for 9 nights, I am worried about us all cramming in one room for that long. I am worried that my 18 mos old and 2 yr old will wake everyone up in the night, leading to miserable kids and parents. I want to still have them experience some of the poly, but would prefer not to be crammed in there for the whole stay. If we added on another room it would be over 2K just for the room

So, i think what we are leaning towards is:

Sept 18- check into the poly, stay at resort
Sept 19- spend day at the poly, no park
Sept 20- MK
Sept 21- check into BLT, AK
Sept 22- rest day
Sept 23- EP
Sept 24- DTD, move to new BLT room, MNSSHP that night ( love that we will be able to WALK back to the hotel after!!)
Sept 25- HS
Sept 26- either MK again or we may just go home this day instead of the friday since we will be likely tired and we would have to move back to the polynesian as no more rooms at BLT.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:47 AM   #6
MaleficentRN
DIS Veteran

That stinks that happened to you. With all those kids, I'd want space and to move as little as possible. #2 sounds best. If you could get a one bedroom for all nights, would you consider that?
Old 04-30-2013, 08:01 AM   #7
HM
A tag from the TF is better than a personalized licence plate

I don't think I'd want to move more than once with a lot of young kids. Just when they are getting used to the situation, you move them again.

Have you thought about a Fort Wilderness Cabin as an option for the second part of the trip?
HM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:07 AM   #8
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.

I would have no problem doing the family suites at AoA...while I liked the Poly theming I am good just going there for dinner..I honestly do not like the new refurb look...with young kids they would be in AWE of all the characters and designs at AoA..you would have separate spaces to spread the kids out and could put a pack n play in your room....or I would check for a good deal on Bay Lake Tower suites...those have more room and are closer to Mk and such.

lmhall2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:12 AM   #9
ready4mouse
Mouseketeer

I agree with the PPs...I wouldn't split the stay either. Great pools, easy walk to Epcot/HS, and plenty of room- I'd stick with either your BC or BWV plan and not move!
ready4mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:18 AM   #10
msjprincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HM View Post
I don't think I'd want to move more than once with a lot of young kids. Just when they are getting used to the situation, you move them again.

Have you thought about a Fort Wilderness Cabin as an option for the second part of the trip?
MTE

If you are definitely set on a split stay I would do what another poster said and do a split between the Poly and either BCV or BWV.
msjprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:14 AM   #11
momtobrynncess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The splirt is because my heart truely belongs to the polynesian, but with four young kids for 9 nights, I am worried about us all cramming in one room for that long. I am worried that my 18 mos old and 2 yr old will wake everyone up in the night, leading to miserable kids and parents. I want to still have them experience some of the poly, but would prefer not to be crammed in there for the whole stay. If we added on another room it would be over 2K just for the room

So, i think what we are leaning towards is:

Sept 18- check into the poly, stay at resort
Sept 19- spend day at the poly, no park
Sept 20- MK
Sept 21- check into BLT, AK
Sept 22- rest day
Sept 23- EP
Sept 24- DTD, move to new BLT room, MNSSHP that night ( love that we will be able to WALK back to the hotel after!!)
Sept 25- HS
Sept 26- either MK again or we may just go home this day instead of the friday since we will be likely tired and we would have to move back to the polynesian as no more rooms at BLT.
I get what you mean about all the kids in the same room. I definitely get what you mean about Poly. My heart belongs there as well. It's my total fav resort of all! I love the itinerary you have listed. I think Poly/BLT is a good split. They are both on the monorail giving you easy travel for midday breaks. We love MNSSHP as well. I can't take dd out of school during October, so we won't be doing it anytime soon, but hopefully in the future.

Good luck! I'm sure you'll come up with a great decision.
5/97 CR Tower-8/98 CR-10/99 GF-9/2000 CR-9/01 CR (got engaged!-9/02 CR/Married at Wedding Pavilion-9/03 CR-9/04 GF/CR-9/05 WL-1/06 CR-9/06 OKW-2/07 CR (got upgraded to Concierge!)-9/07 CR-9/08 Poly-11/2009 Poly-9/2010 Poly-8/11 Poly-8/2012 CSR-8/13 Poly
Me dh dd ddog

momtobrynncess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:19 AM   #12
Upatnoon
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Plan two would be:

Plan 3 would be:

No way I would move or stay in a tiny hotel room with all those kids. Get a 2 bedroom for the entire trip and visit the poly for dinner if you want to see it.
Upatnoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:12 PM   #13
fla4fun
DIS Veteran

Just curious - you mention "parents" and four children. I know the Poly sleeps five. Do they allow you to book it for five plus one under three for a total of six?

With small children, I would agree that staying close to MK would be a good choice. I've stayed at VWL many times and with the ability to roll a stroller on the larger boat to MK, I think it can be just as convenient as Poly.

I personally don't like split stays. I want to unpack once and repack once.
fla4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:14 PM   #14
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fla4fun View Post
Just curious - you mention "parents" and four children. I know the Poly sleeps five. Do they allow you to book it for five plus one under three for a total of six?
Yes, they do.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:25 PM   #15
Kebby
Mouseketeer

yep, two of my children are actually under 3

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: