Sunnyday3
Mouseketeer

I'd love to join, but I'm not really sure who to PM. Sorry - I'm new to this
Sunnyday3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:40 AM   #32
donac
BL6 Black Team Captain
The Vanilla Rooibus was heavenly
Heigh ho - Heigh ho - It's off to lose weight I go...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnyday3 View Post
Just send your starting weight and your goal for the month to me.

Welcome to the thread.
Dona July 1980 with DH family Nov 1984 Last trip before kids Aug 1988 Poly 10th AnnvAug 1992 Port Orleans Other trips I can't nameAug 2002 POFQ, FW, AS sp with Sean and the girls Aug 2003 FW Our 25th Annv Trip Aug 2005 Camping with the Knotts Aug 2006 Twin Sister Trip Aug 2008 30 Anniv/grad Trip 2009 POFQ just us 2012 Grand Gathering with Sedlaks
donac is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-01-2013, 03:48 AM   #33
donac
BL6 Black Team Captain
The Vanilla Rooibus was heavenly
Heigh ho - Heigh ho - It's off to lose weight I go...

Good Wed morning everyone. It is nice to see all the old people and some new people joining us for May.

I just over slept so I won't get any yoga in this morning but I will be walking this afternoon since it is the first lawn mow of the year at my sil's. I don't know when we will get to fil's since ds1 is moving this weekend.

That is the biggest new around here. DS1 is moving into his first apartment this weekend (Ds2 moved into his first last year). DS1 is moving in with his gf of 8 years (yes I do like her. She has been to DW with us twice). My family room is covered with his clothes. He has more clothes than anyone I know. He has been working at JCp for 9 years and loves to shop the discount spot.

I have one week until my students take their big AP exam so it is very nerve racking at school. Yesterday the special ed kids put together the goodie bags that I give out. They are in the test for almost 4 hours so they need the sugar to keep them up. I start giving them out tomorrow

Off to get breakfast.

Have a happy and healthy day.
Dona July 1980 with DH family Nov 1984 Last trip before kids Aug 1988 Poly 10th AnnvAug 1992 Port Orleans Other trips I can't nameAug 2002 POFQ, FW, AS sp with Sean and the girls Aug 2003 FW Our 25th Annv Trip Aug 2005 Camping with the Knotts Aug 2006 Twin Sister Trip Aug 2008 30 Anniv/grad Trip 2009 POFQ just us 2012 Grand Gathering with Sedlaks
donac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:38 AM   #34
bigsis1970
Eating and Drinking our way around the Food & Wine Festival Sept 26 - Oct 4 2014. Loves being Hunny to the Hubs. On the way to losing 1/3 of myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
WOOHOO!!!!!
DS16 ran a mile in 5:05!!! New personal record!
OMG Wow that is AWESOME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by camnhan View Post
Her guys... I'm Jen and I am actually going to the happiest place on earth in 10 hours!!!
Im married with 3 kids...
My fitness goals were sidetracked in Dec when I fell and shattered my wrist. Still in therapy and have only regained about 20% functioning my wrist and hand
Am meeting with a training once we get back from vacation to see what exercises we can modify to get me back on track!
My goal at this point is to not put on any weight while on vacation
Have a great trip JEn and see you when you get back!!

Our family: Me - Michelle & DH - The Hubs DD -Princess B DS - Buddy Welcome home Hunny 11/26/13

8D/9D for the Food & Wine 9/26-10/4 2014! OMG I went 3 Times in 2012 !!
Trip #1 With DD 4/7-4/14 2012!! Trip #2 With Work 4/29 - 5/2 2012!! Trip #3 Just Me and the Hubs! Hubs 1st Trip 5/2 -5/7 2012 !!
Homeowners = Aug 18, 2011
R.I.P ( Race In Peace)Uncle Bub 06/05/2010 /Bandit RIP 4/1/1997 - 10/2/2013 / Copper RIP 2/1/2001 -9/23/2011/XO miss you all
bigsis1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:43 AM   #35
bigsis1970
Eating and Drinking our way around the Food & Wine Festival Sept 26 - Oct 4 2014. Loves being Hunny to the Hubs. On the way to losing 1/3 of myself.

I realized I did not add a goal for this month so 3.5 lost and NOT found for the month of May!

Our family: Me - Michelle & DH - The Hubs DD -Princess B DS - Buddy Welcome home Hunny 11/26/13

8D/9D for the Food & Wine 9/26-10/4 2014! OMG I went 3 Times in 2012 !!
Trip #1 With DD 4/7-4/14 2012!! Trip #2 With Work 4/29 - 5/2 2012!! Trip #3 Just Me and the Hubs! Hubs 1st Trip 5/2 -5/7 2012 !!
Homeowners = Aug 18, 2011
R.I.P ( Race In Peace)Uncle Bub 06/05/2010 /Bandit RIP 4/1/1997 - 10/2/2013 / Copper RIP 2/1/2001 -9/23/2011/XO miss you all
bigsis1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:46 AM   #36
The Mystery Machine
DIS Veteran

Good morning to all WISHERS here!

Well I am going to be ambitious and go for a 5lb loss this month. I made it official and sent it to our lovely host for the month, donac!
The Mystery Machine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:48 AM   #37
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street USA-a-a . . . it's the heart of America, the heartbeat of a holiday-ay-ay-ay! The place was made with a magical plan . . .

We all know a trip to the Happiest Place on Earth starts with a little trip right down Main Street USA.

How many times have you been on Main Street and seen some poor group of people standing right in the middle of the street staring at a map and trying to figure out where they are going to go. We Disboards big time planner types know that you can't get where you want to go without a great PLAN.

And those of you who have done the challenges before know that I can't coach without help from one of my favorite sites sparkpeople.com And this week is no exception.

Which brings me to the topic of goal setting. It's not enough to have a goal but you need a plan for how you are going to get there. Here is an excerpt from a sparkpeople article called Do's and Don'ts of Goal Setting:

Goal achievement, especially when it comes to health and fitness, can be a mystery. Most of us have no trouble with setting the goal. Setting a goal is the easy part, it's those other steps that can be a puzzle. But you CAN turn achieving your goals into a science with the right strategies. Here are a few of our favorites:

DO create a plan. DON’T wait for "someday" to roll around.

DO start small. DON’T focus on too many things at once.

DO write it down. DON’T forget to give yourself a deadline.

DO be specific. DON’T deal in absolutes.

DO leave room for failure. DON’T expect perfection.

DO track your progress. DON’T fool yourself into failure.

DO reward your success. DON’T beat yourself up over failure.

DO find a support system. DON’T try to do it alone.

DO make a commitment. DON’T ever forget that you can do it.

Here is a link to the whole article if you are interested. http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/...les.asp?id=124

QOTD May 1, 2013: So do you have a plan for how you are going to make your goals for the challenge? Share your plan and your goals big and small for this challenge.

Let's get this party started!

Last edited by lisah0711; 05-01-2013 at 07:07 AM.
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:12 AM   #38
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post
Good morning all!

I'm Lisa and I'm going to be your coach for the next few days.

One of the nice things about our new challenge is that it is a fresh start. I think the April showers were a bit too much for us toward the end there so I'm going to go ahead and post a warm up question since we are all raring to go to get started.

Raise your hand if you want to go to the Happiest Place on Earth as we start our Marvelous May WATP Challenge!

Yep, we're on our way to healthy living!

Oh . . . um . . . did you think I was going to say we're going to Disney? Okay, let's see if we can manage to do both.

But before we get started we had better introduce ourselves to our fellow travelers.

Did anyone else ever go on the America the Beautiful attraction at Disneyland? It was a circle-vision movie, similar to the Reflections of China movie at Epcot. Although the attraction never moved, many people thought it did because of the way it was filmed, so the host always asked you to introduce yourself to the people standing around you, in case you needed to grab onto them.

Well, during this challenge we will all be counting of the support of our fellow challengers.

Intro QOTD (Question of the Day) 4/30/13: Please introduce yourself, if you haven't already.

I am Lisa and I will be your coach starting Friday. I've been doing the BL challenges since 2009. I'm 52, married and have a sometimes cranky teen son. I will be reaching my goal weight by the end of the year. It's taken me longer than I thought it would to get there but each and every challenge, year after year, I end up weighing less than I started. Thanks to several WISHers who inspired me I started running when I was 49. In a few weeks I will be running my fifth half marathon. I've made lifelong friends and been to WISH meets at both Disneyland and DisneyWorld. I've done things that I never dreamed possible because of these challenges and WISH who gave me the courage to start.

A big, WATP thank you to our hostess, Dona!

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone and to a great challenge!
GOOD MORNING EVERYBODY!! Great to see all of you again this month and a big to all of our newbies! I'm Kimberley and like everybody else seem to have been battling with my weight for quite some time now. I'm married to the best man on the planet and we have a rambunctious, almost 3 year-old black Lab whom I often refer to as the Wonder Mutt (aka Calypso). The DH knows I love her as much, if not more , than him!

I'm obsessed with running and have run 3 half marathons with the second one being the 2012 Wine and Dine. I'm already registered for my second W&D this year, but have had to take a hiatus from running to let my IT bands heal. They are a TOTAL mess! So for now, I'm trying CrossFit and go to yoga 1-2 times a week.

My big trip to Italy is in less than three weeks so who knows what's going to happen with the weight loss this month. I'm going to try like heck to lose as much as I can before I go. Thank you Dona for hosting and Lisa for coaching this week!

Dona - I'm going to shoot for a 2 pound loss before flying the friendly skies and I know we will all have a better month this time around!

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:20 AM   #39
lisah0711
her Disney office

Quote:
Her guys... I'm Jen and I am actually going to the happiest place on earth in 10 hours!!!
Im married with 3 kids...
My fitness goals were sidetracked in Dec when I fell and shattered my wrist. Still in therapy and have only regained about 20% functioning my wrist and hand
Am meeting with a training once we get back from vacation to see what exercises we can modify to get me back on track!
My goal at this point is to not put on any weight while on vacation
Jen, safe travels and have a wonderful time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnyday3 View Post
I see Dona answered your question but I wanted to add

Quote:
Originally Posted by donac View Post
Good Wed morning everyone. It is nice to see all the old people and some new people joining us for May.

I just over slept so I won't get any yoga in this morning but I will be walking this afternoon since it is the first lawn mow of the year at my sil's. I don't know when we will get to fil's since ds1 is moving this weekend.

That is the biggest new around here. DS1 is moving into his first apartment this weekend (Ds2 moved into his first last year). DS1 is moving in with his gf of 8 years (yes I do like her. She has been to DW with us twice). My family room is covered with his clothes. He has more clothes than anyone I know. He has been working at JCp for 9 years and loves to shop the discount spot.

I have one week until my students take their big AP exam so it is very nerve racking at school. Yesterday the special ed kids put together the goodie bags that I give out. They are in the test for almost 4 hours so they need the sugar to keep them up. I start giving them out tomorrow

Off to get breakfast.

Have a happy and healthy day.
Thanks so much for hostessing, Dona! Sounds like very busy times at your house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsis1970 View Post
I realized I did not add a goal for this month so 3.5 lost and NOT found for the month of May!
Sounds like a great plan and nice job answering the QOTD before it was even posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mystery Machine View Post
Good morning to all WISHERS here!

Well I am going to be ambitious and go for a 5lb loss this month. I made it official and sent it to our lovely host for the month, donac!
that you will make your goal!

I set myself a really ambitious goal for May -- 10 pounds. I have a half marathon at the end of the month and a cruise in 7 weeks which is enough to keep me on the straight and narrow and really, really focused. I will keep on track with WW and my training. I have all the tools I need, now it is up to me. I'm ready to make my dreams come true this month!
Old 05-01-2013, 07:25 AM   #40
lisah0711
her Disney office

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby View Post
GOOD MORNING EVERYBODY!! Great to see all of you again this month and a big to all of our newbies! I'm Kimberley and like everybody else seem to have been battling with my weight for quite some time now. I'm married to the best man on the planet and we have a rambunctious, almost 3 year-old black Lab whom I often refer to as the Wonder Mutt (aka Calypso). The DH knows I love her as much, if not more , than him!

I'm obsessed with running and have run 3 half marathons with the second one being the 2012 Wine and Dine. I'm already registered for my second W&D this year, but have had to take a hiatus from running to let my IT bands heal. They are a TOTAL mess! So for now, I'm trying CrossFit and go to yoga 1-2 times a week.

My big trip to Italy is in less than three weeks so who knows what's going to happen with the weight loss this month. I'm going to try like heck to lose as much as I can before I go. Thank you Dona for hosting and Lisa for coaching this week!

Dona - I'm going to shoot for a 2 pound loss before flying the friendly skies and I know we will all have a better month this time around!
Hello Kimberley! Nice to see you! Nothing like an upcoming trip to help give you that little extra oomph to reach your goals.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:18 AM   #41
ohMom
Kids Get Arthritis Too!
Amen and Hallelujah Sister!!

DISboards Moderator

i LOVE all our travel plans!! cruising, Disney, ITALY!!!

future travel plans is my main motivator too! everyday i keep telling myself that I'm doing this so that my body is smaller when we walk around WDW, when i pose for pictures on the Fantasy...so i look and feel healthier!

so my goal for this month is to lose 5 lbs. i have not been able to regularly exercise for a couple years, except for about 5 weeks the first of this year. then i had to put it on pause for another surgery...so i'm building my foundation again. So my goal is to exercise 5 days a week and journal my intake in MFP.

my body has been so out of whack for so long that i'm not gaining strength yet which is frustrating for me. well if I am it's at a very slow pace that i've not noticed yet I can very easily fall back into the mindset of "my hormones aren't balanced and until they are the changes just aren't going to happen" which is valid...but there is no magic date that a switch will be thrown and it will start happening. I need to think that each decision to choose the healthy action will promote the changes I await.

so today i'm heading outside to do some yardwork and i will exercise later this afternoon...my shins are hurting from my 'first real walk' yesterday! so it will likely be me and my Wii playing Just Dance.

Co-Moderator WISH forum -- Take the WISH challenge here.........
ohMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:44 AM   #42
Lindaland
Mouseketeer

Good morning everyone! I would love to join again in May. April wasn't my best attempt so I am rededicating myself to improving my health!!

Lindaland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:23 AM   #43
canadakath
Mouseketeer

Hi! Can I join you guys? I've been on DIS for a while but only recently started exploring this secton as I debate taking part in my first Princess half marathon in 2014! I only started running last year - after swearing all my life that I hate to run - and now I actually enjoy it! I am afair weather runner though, so afte ra LONG cold winter inside, I am heaidng back out again!

A little bit about me - I am 35, married to my high school sweetheart with two hockey-obsessed boys age 9 and 6. After a bit of weight gain early 2012 I decided to up my exercise routine and have been doing something 6-7 times a week since last April. Unfortunately, I wasn't seeing any results on the scale. As a bit more background, my husband is a shift worker so going to the gym doesn't work for my shcedule. I work out early in the morning at home to a variety of work out videos and/or run or do the elliptical. My motivation - a 12 night Disney Med cruise in June folowed by 4 nights in Paris - and I plan on EATING!

So I decided to up the ante and after enjoying one Lindsay Brin Moms Into Fitness video, I bought her Pretty Fierce Lean Out series. It's a 9 week program and there is SO much variety. I have seen it compared to Insanity without the time crazy time commitment every day! I also made a real effort with my eating habits - which I didn't think were too bad but... So 2 1/2 weeks into my DVDs and 4 weeks in to eating healthier, I am finally down 8 pounds. Only 6 more weeks until my trip so here goes! Of course, DH and I are off for a romantic getaway this weekend, so that might throw a wrench in things...

POFQ - May 2009 | AKL - November 2009 | CR - November 2010 | 7-nt Western on the Magic 1/22/2011 | CR - November 2011 | POR - November 2012 |Discovering the Magic of the Med! 12-nt with Greek Isles 6/15/13 | POLY - November 2013
canadakath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:23 PM   #44
araes2102
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
WOOHOO!!!!!
DS16 ran a mile in 5:05!!! New personal record!
Woohoo!! That is crazy fast!

Quote:
Jealous! Have a WONDERFUL time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by donac View Post
Very exciting... for both of you I would imagine

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby View Post
Wow! Very cool trip!

Quote:
Raise your hand if you want to go to the Happiest Place on Earth as we start our Marvelous May WATP Challenge!

OOOH, me! Me!

Yep, we're on our way to healthy living!

Oh . . . um . . . did you think I was going to say we're going to Disney? Okay, let's see if we can manage to do both.

But before we get started we had better introduce ourselves to our fellow travelers.

Did anyone else ever go on the America the Beautiful attraction at Disneyland? It was a circle-vision movie, similar to the Reflections of China movie at Epcot. Although the attraction never moved, many people thought it did because of the way it was filmed, so the host always asked you to introduce yourself to the people standing around you, in case you needed to grab onto them.

Well, during this challenge we will all be counting of the support of our fellow challengers.

Intro QOTD (Question of the Day) 4/30/13: Please introduce yourself, if you haven't already.

I am Lisa and I will be your coach starting Friday. I've been doing the BL challenges since 2009. I'm 52, married and have a sometimes cranky teen son. I will be reaching my goal weight by the end of the year. It's taken me longer than I thought it would to get there but each and every challenge, year after year, I end up weighing less than I started. Thanks to several WISHers who inspired me I started running when I was 49. In a few weeks I will be running my fifth half marathon. I've made lifelong friends and been to WISH meets at both Disneyland and DisneyWorld. I've done things that I never dreamed possible because of these challenges and WISH who gave me the courage to start.

A big, WATP thank you to our hostess, Dona!

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone and to a great challenge!
Hi all! I am Amanda. I am 31 and was engaged at Disneyland last summer to a wonderful man I have 2 kids, DS12 and DD6, who keep me hopping! I work in child welfare for the state, as I have for most of my adult life. Demanding and stressful, but I love it! I have always struggled with my weight, and a few years ago I lost 100 lbs but unfortunately I regained most of that. Trying to do it the right way, and making it last this time!

Quote:

I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street USA-a-a . . . it's the heart of America, the heartbeat of a holiday-ay-ay-ay! The place was made with a magical plan . . .

We all know a trip to the Happiest Place on Earth starts with a little trip right down Main Street USA.

How many times have you been on Main Street and seen some poor group of people standing right in the middle of the street staring at a map and trying to figure out where they are going to go. We Disboards big time planner types know that you can't get where you want to go without a great PLAN.

And those of you who have done the challenges before know that I can't coach without help from one of my favorite sites sparkpeople.com And this week is no exception.

QOTD May 1, 2013: So do you have a plan for how you are going to make your goals for the challenge? Share your plan and your goals big and small for this challenge.

Let's get this party started!

My goal is go back to what I know works: tracking food... NO "free days" "free bites" or just giving up! Not that I can't allow myself leeway, but when I give in to the old thoughts that "well, I blew the day so I might as well enjoy it!" I just set myself back by sooo much So none of that! And making sure I GO to the gym... no just wishing I could go! I am committing myself to exercise! Just plain making myself a priority. I struggled a lot last month... and I attributed that to being busy, but I cannot do that AND be successful. This was the formula I used for March, and I was successful (11lbs total!) so I am using that for motivation!

Just wanted to also say to Dona and Lisa for being our hostess this month and our coach this week!

And to the new ppl! So glad to join you in this journey to health!

araes2102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:33 PM   #45
LittleMissMickey
DIS Veteran

I'm in, too!

I hope you don't mind my joining you this month. I set my goal at a lofty 8, so I kind of feel like I should go back and revise. I forgot that May is only 31 days long. However, it's the end of the school year, and maybe that will be the swift kick in the pants that I need!

I'm Ashley, and I'm a 2nd grade teacher in Minnesota. I am training for two events, a marathon relay (I'm responsible for 11.5 miles - June 2) and the MS150 bike ride, which goes from Duluth, MN to the Twin Cities (June 8-9).

I know both events will be easier if I don't have those eight pounds to lug around!

Here's hoping that I can be a good cheerleader for all of you, and maybe I'll learn something along the way, too!

Happy May! (It's snowing here)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: