Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2013, 09:07 AM   #31
Minniemum
DIS Veteran

They money bags look fantastic.

DLR - 1/92 O/S, 3/99 O/S, 6/99 O/S, 3/05 DLH, 9/08 DLH, 9/09 DLH, 9/13 O/S
DLP - 9/98
DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean - 9/13
WDW - 4/98 O/S, 10/10 POP, 9/11 POFQ, 9/12 POFQ, 9/13 POFQ, 9/14 POFQ

Minniemum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 02:49 AM   #32
Kiwigirls
Mouseketeer

Joining in, my trip planning will be about 10 months long too! Sorry you've had too delay but looks like a fun trip. Our usernames are pretty close too!
Kiwigirls is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-28-2013, 05:47 PM   #33
KiwiMouseGirl
Mouseketeer

Good morning all! How were everyone's weekends? Mine was spent in bed watching some Disney trip vlogs that I recently discovered. I will post the link down below once I get home from work. Truly amazing to watch, and a good way to pass the time while waiting 12 months for your own trip to come around! After watching these vlogs, i've decided to look into pricing up adding a short stay at WDW onto the end of our trip. It would be really cool to be able to compare the two parks! But mainly...... I just really want to go to Universal Studios to see Harry Potter World I've always heard people say that WDW is much cheaper than Disneyland, so hopefully the budget can stretch!! Will keep you all posted! I'm looking forward to planning and researching something new...considering the trip is completley planned
Old 04-28-2013, 07:39 PM   #34
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiMouseGirl View Post
Good morning all! How were everyone's weekends? Mine was spent in bed watching some Disney trip vlogs that I recently discovered. I will post the link down below once I get home from work. Truly amazing to watch, and a good way to pass the time while waiting 12 months for your own trip to come around! After watching these vlogs, i've decided to look into pricing up adding a short stay at WDW onto the end of our trip. It would be really cool to be able to compare the two parks! But mainly...... I just really want to go to Universal Studios to see Harry Potter World I've always heard people say that WDW is much cheaper than Disneyland, so hopefully the budget can stretch!! Will keep you all posted! I'm looking forward to planning and researching something new...considering the trip is completley planned
Personally, I wouldn't say this is true based on my own experience. I would say that WDW provides a more diverse spread of options for how to spend your money. For me, this is particularly true for accommodation and food. WDW covers a lot more geographic space than Disneyland; so you do tend to want to stay longer there in order to see things. The longer you stay, the cheaper the park tickets become.

And UO/WWoHP is amazing.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:22 PM   #35
KiwiMouseGirl
Mouseketeer

Here's the links to the Disney vlog/follow me around videos. They're awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVsB1K9R4RX0fQ5C4yW3iKQ
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UChgpwXzFRV3PG8g81aJF1ew
Old 06-09-2013, 04:06 PM   #36
KiwiMouseGirl
Mouseketeer

Well, i'm back again with yet ANOTHER change of plans. Go figure. If anything this is a step back to our previous plan. I have now decided to take my brother on a trip for his 18th birthday (2015) I figured with 18 being a big birthday it would make more sence to take him then. I am tossing up between Disneyland and Walt Disney World for that trip. I do love Disneyland, but both my brother and I are Harry Potter fanatics and I would love to go to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. I'll have to do some more research into WDW and see if I can be swayed to visit there.

So we are back to having just me and Alicia on this trip. With easter being so late we have pushed our trip back a bit and will now be departing New Zealand in the first week of May. Hopefully we miss the spring break crowds and aren't too affected by Grad nights. Either way with dedicated rope drop attendance and a well thought out touring plan, I am sure we will be fine At this stage we have planned to spend 5 days at Disneyland, 2 focused on DL, 2 focused on DCA and 1 to do our favourites at both parks. Do you think this will be enough? While we are all for hard core touring, we are planning on riding every ride at least once, we would also like to be able to stop and smell the roses every now and again. We will be doing lots of shopping as well! I'm just worried that we won't get everything done!! I know that in New Zealand when purchaing through a travel agent we have the option of getting tickets with more days than is standardly available through Disney. I think the tickets are for 10 or 14 days? I am contemplating weather or not these would be a better option. I am starting to get prices from Travel Agents for our holiday as we will be booking in October, and while I have done a budget, I would like to see the prices for flights, accommodation and Disneyland tickets that Travel Agents can offer.

Well, that's all from me now. With everyday I'm, getting more and more excited for our trip. I wish we were leaving tomorrow, haha!
Old 08-29-2013, 06:44 PM   #37
KiwiMouseGirl
Mouseketeer

Well hello friends, long time no speak!!!! Guess what?!? The trip plans have changed again...dun dun dun. For those of you who have followed along from the start you will know as well as me that this trip has gone through more ups and downs and changes than I could have ever imagined! Let's all cross our fingers and toes now that these plans stay in place!!!

The last time we spoke Alicia and I were going on this trip together. This is no longer the case as Alicia doesn't find herself financially stable enough to commit to a trip. We will fast forward to a few desperate pleas later to when my cousin Jordan agreed to be my trip buddy..again! Jordan is who I was originally going on this trip with but for personal reasons he couldn't go through with our plans. But, a contiki tour to Europe later and he has officially caught the travel bug! We are both VERY excited about this trip, but I am probably the most excited out of the both of us as this trip has been a dream for a very long time now. And this time it's ACTUALLY HAPPENING! So, i'll fill you in with all of our juicy new trip details! ( I sit here writing this in Starbucks, drinking a caramel frapuccino with coffee and cream, feeling the BEST Disney vibes!)

We have made a few changes to mine and Alicia's trip plan. Jordan and I are both fast paced people, so are planning a very fast paced trip! We want to see EVERYTHING and have an itinerary that reflects this to a T! We don't want to feel like we're missing out on anything, but have still decided to schedule some "relax days" ... basically so we don't pass out from exhaustion! Hahah! We have "trip meetings" most Saturday mornings over breakfast, and as our trip is pretty much planned, just talk about how excited we are! I will list our itinerary below, feel free to comment and critique!

As you all will know, I am OCD when it comes to trip planning. I won't lie, it's pretty much all I think about!!!So now that our itinerary is planned out, I'm already starting to think about dining reservations and daily touring plans! I am trying to research about our new travel dates (the first weeks of May) to see what the crowds are going to be like. As far as I can tell, we are going a few weeks after Easter, so will hopefully miss that rush, but will also catch the beginning of grad nights at the nd of our trip. But with effective planning, I don't think any form of crowds will bother us

(note: While I L.O.V.E planning, and admit that I am OCD about it. I do also understand that at places like Disneyland, things can happen that will affect any form of planning you may have, and I am more than happy to deviate and go with the flow)

Anywho, ON WITH THE ITINERARY!

Sun 4th May - Depart Auckland, Arrive Anaheim. Check into hotel. Explore DTD. Exchange vouchers for tickets. ADR @ The Rainforest Cafe.

Mon 5th May - Day 1 at Disneyland park

Tues 6th May - Day 1 at DCA. ADR @ Wine Country Trattoria. World Of Colour!

Wed 7th May - Relax day. Bowling at the Garden Walk.

Thurs 8th May - Knott's Berry Farm

Fri 9th May - Hollywood explore day. Walk of Fame. Chinese theater.

Sat 10th May - Disneyland day 2. Magic morning. Fireworks.

Sun 11th May - Shopping. Outlets at Orange.

Mon 12th May - Universal Studios. Dinner somewhere at the City Walk

Tues 13th May - DCA day 2.

Wed 14th May - San Diego Zoo. Backstage Zoo Tour.

Thurs 15th May - Catalina Island. Snorkeling. (dependent on - weather + if I can get over my fear of being eaten by a shark...)

Fri 16th May - Relax day. Catch some sort of American sports game.

Sat 17th May - Six Flags Magic Mountain

Sun 18th May - Disneyland day 3.. Fantasmic!

Mon 19th May - SeaWorld. Swim with Dolphins.

Tues 20th May - DCA day 3.

Wed 21st May - Favorite rides at Disneyland + DCA. Depart for New Zealand

(note: Where I have specified particular days for either Disneyland or DCA. That is just the park we intend to start in, as we will have park hoppers

So yeah, that is the plan so far! We will be putting deposits down on accommodation soon, and probably booking our flights when the specials come out in September/Octoberish.

Woohoo! I'm so excited!!!
Old 08-29-2013, 09:41 PM   #38
luulu1999
DIS Veteran

I'm def no expert but on ur zoo day and sea world day I might would do those at the beg or end and stay the night in san diego because its a pretty good drive to san diego...just a suggestion

TRIP REPORT STARTED:http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post52056072
DS(6) DD (5) DBF Me

Christmas 2012-1st Disneyland trip-hopefully many more to come
luulu1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 05:06 PM   #39
jitterbug
Mouseketeer

In addition to doing the San Diego part like luulu1999 mentioned, you may want to do the LA stuff like that as well, so staying closer in that area, since you have Six Flags Magic Mountain, Universal Studios, and Hollywood on your itinerary. HTH!
jitterbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 01:28 AM   #40
KiwiMouseGirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jitterbug View Post
In addition to doing the San Diego part like luulu1999 mentioned, you may want to do the LA stuff like that as well, so staying closer in that area, since you have Six Flags Magic Mountain, Universal Studios, and Hollywood on your itinerary. HTH!
Yeah, we had played around with the idea of staying in San Diego and L.A but we are firm believers in waking up early in the morning and cramming as much into the day as possible. We couldn't afford to add more 'travel' days onto the trip and didn't want to spend half the day traveling/checking in to the hotel and then only being able to spend half a day at an attraction. On my last trip the bus tours had us at our destination just after if not before opening, so we still got to spend a whole day doing something
Old 01-05-2014, 01:51 AM   #41
KiwiMouseGirl
Mouseketeer

Well as each day passes we are getting closer and closer to our trip! We are now counting down at 17 weeks and I am sitting here wondering where the time has gone *but in the same breath am so thankful that it hasn't dragged on because I cannot WAIT to get to Disneyland*

We have booked and payed for our airfares! We got a pretty good deal through Air New Zealand. Just over $1500 return, so much better than the $2000 we were looking at originally. We have also put deposits down on our accommodation. We have until the end of March to pay the remainder of the balance, but other than that we are just playing the waiting game really.

My brother got a dslr camera for his birthday last year that I am going to try and sweet talk him into letting me borrow for the trip. It would be nice to be able to get some decent photos that I can print and frame I am going to be vlogging our trip this year and was going to buy a MacBook for my Christmas present to myself to edit the footage on but have been doing some research and can get one for about $2500 cheaper in America, so will be paying a visit to the Apple store on 3rd street Promenade to make that purchase I'm really really really excited about that!!!

I'm a crazy insane budget-er and am just about to start writing my final wish list of things I want to purchase while I am in America. Being someone who is crazy into makeup I plan go buy a fair few things from Sephora as we don't have access to the brands that they stock in New Zealand! I am hoping that I will be able to splurge on something Dooney and Bourke, but we will see how we go with that one!

Until next time,

Cass
Old 01-05-2014, 07:42 PM   #42
KiwiMouseGirl
Mouseketeer

Would also like to add that I'm really sad that space mountain, soarin' over California, finding nemo and Alice in wonderland will be down for refurb while we are there. I know that refurbs have to happen, it just sucks that we're traveling all that way and 2 of my must do rides will be down (space and soarin) -sad face-
Old 01-05-2014, 10:57 PM   #43
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

That's a shame about the refurbs. But it will still be fun.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 01:01 AM   #44
KiwiMouseGirl
Mouseketeer

It will indeed! I just can't wait to feel that "Disney feeling" .. i'm sure you know what I mean haha!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: