Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2013, 08:35 PM   #1
mmmhf
Earning My Ears

Vacation Strategy Final Payment question

When did you make final payment on WBC rental through vacation strategy. We are 36 days out and haven't heard anything. Thanks!
mmmhf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:06 PM   #2
wgeo
That's the kind of day where you can't open your mouth without a song jumping right out of it!

We got ours at around 50 days. However, around the time I went I heard quite a range from other people. Some got their's early like us, and some went down all the way closer to 20 days. If you are worried, give them a call, but I wouldn't be too concerned at this point.

DH me DS 10 DD 9

WDW Trips: 1982, 1987, 1994, 2011, 2012, 2014
Disney Magic: 2014
wgeo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-27-2013, 09:37 PM   #3
mmmhf
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgeo View Post
We got ours at around 50 days. However, around the time I went I heard quite a range from other people. Some got their's early like us, and some went down all the way closer to 20 days. If you are worried, give them a call, but I wouldn't be too concerned at this point.
Thanks for the info. I thought I remembered reading some people didn't do final payment until close to travel but I wasn't sure.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:00 PM   #4
Mommytwotwins
Mouseketeer

We didn't do ours until 2 weeks before do I would not worry. We were just there and loved it!!

1997 May/June off Property
2009 June POR
2010 August CB
2011 October Floridays/POP
2012 ????
Mommytwotwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:36 AM   #5
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmhf View Post
When did you make final payment on WBC rental through vacation strategy. We are 36 days out and haven't heard anything. Thanks!
Strange. When we first booked we were told that the final balance would not be due until we got the confirmation in our name, which would probably be about two weeks out. However, we actually got the email saying the balance was due at 54 days out. I called asking about the confirmation and why the balance was due sooner than they had said it would be. The guy I spoke to seemed rather abrupt and frazzled and said they are now requiring the balance be paid sooner and also said they were no longer sending out confirmations, but if I was uncomfortable and would feel better about it, I could call them about 48 hours out and they'd connect me to BC, who could then confirm that I had a reservation with them. I told him I'd like to have the confirmation to check in, but he said I wouldn't need it and all I would need would be my ID. I paid the balace March 21st, have not heard another word from them, and will be leaving for our trip in less than two weeks (May 10th).
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:28 AM   #6
SYDCOLEMOM
Mouseketeer

We booked thru VS and last year and again this year. Last year we received the link to pay balance at about 20 days. Last year we did not receive a confirmation with out name either. I called the resort about 10 days before our arrival and our names were in the system. When I called VS they were able to give me the owners name (it wasnt necessary to have this info). Same thing for this year expect we got our link to pay balance email at about day 50. You get a confirmation email that your payment has been received and thats it. Thats all you need. You do not need a piece of paper from VS when checking in. Only your drivers license (or some for of ID). You will not have any issues. I have yet to hear of one person who had trouble with VS. My family will continue to use them for all of our WDW vacations.
SYDCOLEMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:21 PM   #7
mmmhf
Earning My Ears

Thanks everyone. I figured it was fine, but it is nice to hear from other people who paid much closer to travel. . Thanks!
Old 05-01-2013, 03:17 PM   #8
wdw&sonny
DIS Veteran

I received an email of final balance due about 50 days out from our June vacation and received an email confirmation once I made the payment.
wdw&sonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:45 PM   #9
jlhill4444
Mouseketeer

We are due to check in June 19th and still have not received a request for final payment, so I am glad this question was asked. I guess there is no rhyme or reason to when you get your link to pay. I will give it until June 1st and then I will call, but I am not going to worry about it until then.

My family:

Me , DH , DS10 , DD9 and DD3
jlhill4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 01:29 PM   #10
mmmhf
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlhill4444 View Post
We are due to check in June 19th and still have not received a request for final payment, so I am glad this question was asked. I guess there is no rhyme or reason to when you get your link to pay. I will give it until June 1st and then I will call, but I am not going to worry about it until then.
We are checking in June 2. Hoping we hear soon and trying to not stress.
Old 05-13-2013, 01:34 PM   #11
excitedfamof4
Mouseketeer

We went the last week of April this year and booked through VS. Our final payment was due 30 days out. We had a wonderful experience booking through VS. Anytime I called everyone was very professional, helpful and polite! We already got a quote from them to go again in December!
Have fun on your trip!
excitedfamof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:18 PM   #12
jlhill4444
Mouseketeer

Ok, I received my final payment email today. I guess they must have ears on here! :-)

My family:

Me , DH , DS10 , DD9 and DD3
jlhill4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:29 PM   #13
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post
Strange. When we first booked we were told that the final balance would not be due until we got the confirmation in our name, which would probably be about two weeks out. However, we actually got the email saying the balance was due at 54 days out. I called asking about the confirmation and why the balance was due sooner than they had said it would be. The guy I spoke to seemed rather abrupt and frazzled and said they are now requiring the balance be paid sooner and also said they were no longer sending out confirmations, but if I was uncomfortable and would feel better about it, I could call them about 48 hours out and they'd connect me to BC, who could then confirm that I had a reservation with them. I told him I'd like to have the confirmation to check in, but he said I wouldn't need it and all I would need would be my ID. I paid the balace March 21st, have not heard another word from them, and will be leaving for our trip in less than two weeks (May 10th).
All right, we just got back from Bonnet Creek late last night. We had a great time and did not have any problems checking in with just my ID. I did call Bonnet Creek a couple of days before we left to make sure we had a reservation in my name. The lady at BC verfied it and said all I needed to check in was ID.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:53 PM   #14
Giz1026
Earning My Ears

I am looking to book through VS and the late confirmation is making me very anxious. After reading various posts, I see that is the norm for VS.

My main concern is convincing DH this is their standard practice. We received a great quote for our upcoming November trip. DH is skeptical enough about the price (amazing ) I can not imagine how the conversation is going to go when I say A) last payment is due on this date...or that date or whatever date and B) no confirmation of reservation until the last minute.

2001: Disneyland: Grand Californian 2004: Disneyland: Disneyland Hotel 2008: Disneyland: Sheraton Park Hotel 2012: Disneyland: Park Vue Inn

Finally planning a trip to Walt Disney WORLD! Nov. 2013

Giz1026 is offline   Reply With Quote