Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2013, 05:47 PM   #1
CJK
BL II -Purple Team
Member of the RP Bad Girls Club
Mesmerized by Clay!
That feeling of accomplishment becomes addictive

Recommended Swamp Air boat rides?

As a little girl, I remember taking a boat tour in a swamp and seeing lots of alligators. I'd LOVE to take DH on such a ride while in Orlando, but there seem to be a few companies to choose from and I was hoping some of you experts could make some recommendations? Price is important, but I also want the experience to be a good one. Thanks for any advice!!
CJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:55 PM   #2
jsrj21
Frathouse

You know, we're doing the same thing this summer. We've never been on an air boat but I found this one outfit through a guy I met at Bass Pro Shops in Orlando last time we were there in 2011. I am sure there are more qualified people out there than myself but this is the place we're using when we go down in August. Hope it helps!

http://www.wildwillysairboattours.co...O_GALLERY.html
July 2001 -CBR, July 2002 - CBR, July 2003 - CBR, August 2004 - CBR, August 2006 - CBR, August 2007 - CBR, August 2008 - CBR, August 2009 - CBR, August 2010 - CBR, Xmas 2010 - [One Day @ MK], August 2011 - CBR, August 2013 - CBR, August 2014 - CBR [Son's HS Grad Trip], and I pray for many more visits to come......
jsrj21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:08 PM   #3
rlduvall
I just sit there and think "Oh, pretty colors."
Now maybe some-one will pick me first for dodgeball

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJK View Post
As a little girl, I remember taking a boat tour in a swamp and seeing lots of alligators. I'd LOVE to take DH on such a ride while in Orlando, but there seem to be a few companies to choose from and I was hoping some of you experts could make some recommendations? Price is important, but I also want the experience to be a good one. Thanks for any advice!!
Years ago, Corey and Julie of the Podcast Team went to the Boggy Creek Airboat company, and from what I remember, really enjoyed it. Here's a link to photos and a video they took of their experience. They also reviewed it on DisUnplugged, but I don't know the show number. Seems the photos were taken around March 26, 2008.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/photos/bcairboats/index.htm

rlduvall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:30 AM   #4
Disney Khi
DIS Veteran

We did a tour in January with Sawgrass and had a great time. We saw two alligators even on an exceptionally cold day! The guide was really knowledgable. http://www.evergladestours.com/evergladesairboat.html

Disney Khi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:16 AM   #5
CJK
BL II -Purple Team
Member of the RP Bad Girls Club
Mesmerized by Clay!
That feeling of accomplishment becomes addictive

Thanks everyone!
CJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:13 AM   #6
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

I highly recommend Wild Willy's in St. Cloud. We did their one-hour tour on Boxing Day and had a fabulous time .

If you click on the link to my Christmas trip report in my signature, there's lots of photos and a full write up of our experience starting on page 5, post 73.

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! **August 2014 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:41 PM   #7
disneysteve
You have to enjoy life, not go around worrying about what other people think

We did Boggy Creek a couple of years ago and enjoyed it. We haven't tried any others so I can't compare but we were pleased with our experience.

Make sure you visit their website or pick up one of the tourist coupon books when you are in town to get a discount.
Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
disneysteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:46 PM   #8
cjlvsccm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJK View Post
We've used Spirit of the Swamp twice. They give an excellent private tour, for a great custom experience every time! It was definitely worth the money.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dec'12/Jan'13, NYE at AoA!!!! ... Apr/May '12, DREAM! ... Nov '11, POR ... Jan '11, CSR ... Nov '10, POFQ ... May '10, POFQ & ... Nov '09, after seeing STS-129 launch!!!! ... June '09, POP ... Nov/Dec '08, ASMu ... Oct '06, POP ... Aug '00, FREE trip (friend's radio prize!!), stayed offsite ... Aug '89 daytrip
cjlvsccm is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: