Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2013, 01:04 PM   #16
hgeisler
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmhf
This is one of the nicest threads I have read. So glad to hear the great responses regarding children in signatures. I always worry about that and even though I have none planned for this trip, I won't worry so much next time. Thank OP for a great question and PP for kind responses.
Me too! I'm going to be doing Citrico's and Le Cellier with my dd 5, ds 3, and dd 22 months in October. It makes me less stressed about it
hgeisler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:08 PM   #17
hgeisler
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by topmonkeygirl
I had a horrible experience at Narcoossee's once with kids. 6 of the little boogers all under 8 no adult with them. The adults were seated 2 tables over and behind them, they didn't even know they were there. They were crawling on the floor, playing with the fake candle, throwing bread, playing with the plates. One kid had to be brought back to the table from the restroom by a server because she couldn't find the table. The waitstaff was wonderful. When he came to our table he said he had put a rush on both the adults and kids meals where they would hurry up and leave. I think we left him with about a 30 -35% tip just for being so nice to us, and he probably didn't get a very big tip from the parents of the brats either.

It's Disney kids are more than welcome anywhere except the bar and V&A. Even bad ones. (I'm not saying yours are, I'm just saying bad ones are accepted also.) You'll be fine.
I've had this as well. When dining with my own children (not at Disney), a large group was sitting near us, and the adults were just sitting there allowing their children (all 8 of them) to run around and climb on our table while we were sitting there trying to eat. Even my kids, who are far from saints, looked at me and knew the behavior was not kosher:/
hgeisler is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-01-2013, 11:36 AM   #18
ttintagel
DIS Veteran

If your kids do OK at nice sit-down restaurants at home, they should be fine.
ttintagel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:37 PM   #19
Wendy31
DIS Veteran

I think kids who know how to behave in restaurants are generally fine in most signature restaurants.

That said, I'll share our experience w/ you!

Background: We eat out frequently at home, & our kids have always done well in restaurants. (We've even received compliments on their behavior from other diners & servers.)

In 2011, our younger DS was 2 (he turned 2 in July, & we were at WDW in Sept, so he was a young 2).

On our DHS day, I had scheduled Sci-Fi for lunch & Flying Fish Café for dinner. This was the 3rd day of our trip, & we'd already eaten at CRT, Le Cellier, & Garden Grill. And younger DS had been great!

(As an aside, at Le Cellier, there was a family sitting beside us w/ 3 young kids, & the kids were all over the place - crying, screaming, under the table, etc. I felt so sorry for the parents. At one point, DH said to me, "I'm glad that's not us." And I replied, "Don't speak too soon! This is just the beginning of our trip!" Cue the theme from "Jaws"...)

So, anyway, on our DHS day, younger DS had spent most of the day in his stroller - there's just not a lot for a younger child to do at DHS. He had gotten out to ride Toy Story Mania, see the Playhouse Disney show, & ride the Great Movie ride. The rest of the time, he spent waiting w/ either DH or myself while his brother & sister rode the other rides. We let him walk a bit to stretch his legs, but he hadn't really had a chance to expend any energy.

At lunchtime at Sci-Fi, he was asleep & only woke up near the end of our meal.

By the time dinner at Flying Fish rolled around, he was tired & antsy.

The tables at Flying Fish are close together, & it's not a quiet restaurant. And it's lovely & bright & has a "busy" feeling to it. In addition, I had made our ADR for 5:30 - more of a "family dinner" time.

However, even w/ all that, DH & I spent most of our time taking turns w/ younger DS outside the restaurant. There's a small outside lawn area just to the side of Flying Fish. And, while I fumed that I was missing our signature dining experience, younger DS ran around.

I don't know what happened! However, from the time we sat down, younger DS just went crazy! He would not sit still & stay in his seat, & he was being loud & disruptive.

There was an older couple sitting next to us, & I was just mortified. I felt like we were totally disrupting their dinner (like I said, the tables are close together), so we took younger DS out.

I said all that to say that, even though your children may know how to behave in restaurants & do well in restaurants at home, WDW is a different experience. So just be prepared!

Looking back, it was just a bad day for younger DS - not enough for him to do, &, by dinner time, he was ready to be free - not sit through another meal.

But I do think Flying Fish Café is a fine restaurant for children! There's a really good children's menu, & our server was wonderful w/ our kids. Bless his heart! He tried so hard to engage younger DS. And, as I was getting up to leave w/ younger DS, he urged me to stay - "May I bring him some crackers or anything?"

(DH) (me) (DD, 14years) (DS, 13 years) (DS, 5 years)
Wendy31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: