Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2013, 12:11 PM   #196
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmelenbrink View Post
Just wondering if anyone has any more recent pics. I'm getting married in September and have no idea what to do with my hair. It's pretty fine and only about shoulder-length so I'm not sure what sort of options I have. I just know I want it to look pretty.

Not sure if these will help cuz my fine hair is a lot longer than shoulder length, but here are my hair inspiration photos and how everything turned out for our recent vow renewal.

lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:39 PM   #197
jmelenbrink
Earning My Ears

Wow!

Lurkyloo,

I can't believe out of all the people on here you were the one to respond to me! I recently stumbled across your blog with all your trip journals and wedding info and have been LOVING them. You are such an incredible writer and you and Patrick seem so perfect together. Thank you so much for sharing your stories (and pictures) with me.

It seems like there is a really great community of people on these boards. Can you suggest a good place to jump in and start really getting to know some of these individuals?

Thank you again for sharing your advice and pics!
jmelenbrink is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-27-2013, 01:31 PM   #198
lurkyloo

Hey, thanks for the kind words! The Planning Our Happily Ever After sub forum linked at the top of the main weddings board is where brides and grooms share their planning journals and wedding trip reports. That's a great way to get to know the members here and glean tips and info as you plan your own event. Welcome!
Old 05-29-2013, 09:04 PM   #199
Bridalbeautyartist
Earning My Ears

I work for a company(aboutfacedesignteam.com) that does Disney wedding Bride's hair and make-up all the time It is so much fun! I love that we go on location to make it easier on the bride and bridal party. Don't know if you guys ever saw the Disney Dream Wedding on the WE channel that David Tutera did? We got the honor of doing Courtney's hair and Make-up for that! So fun! For complimentary consolations you can contact our company(tell them Kalie sent you) We love helping you find the best look to suit you and your style of wedding! <3
Bridalbeautyartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 02:55 PM   #200
twinkybel81
Mouseketeer

Does Patricia Lejeune require that you do a trial prior to the wedding day? Does she give a discounted rate for doing additional peoples hair or is it just a straight per person charge?

Thanks!
twinkybel81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 03:57 PM   #201
Leehappy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkybel81 View Post
Does Patricia Lejeune require that you do a trial prior to the wedding day? Does she give a discounted rate for doing additional peoples hair or is it just a straight per person charge? Thanks!
Hi!! I'm having Patricia do my wedding parties hair and makeup. She doesn't require a trial. She also doesn't give any discounts. It's the per person rate.
Leehappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 10:01 PM   #202
twinkybel81
Mouseketeer

Thank you! I'm way far away from even needing to look at booking someone, so I didn't want to contact her directly yet. :-)
Old 07-03-2014, 06:15 AM   #203
Turn the Page
DIS Veteran

I have been browsing hair styles and the first picture lurky posted is what I've been looking for. Can anyone tell how long my hair needs to be to do that? My hair is curly and just past shoulder length. Is that enough or should I grow it out a bit?
Old 07-03-2014, 11:32 AM   #204
lurkyloo

I think your hair is long enough, but you might want to try roughly pinning it up with the ends loose like in the photo and just see if it reaches.
Old 07-03-2014, 07:54 PM   #205
BouncyTrouncyFlouncy
Earning My Ears

This has been helpful actually since I don't live in FL and would have to find someone to do my hair/make-up. After looking at all the hair and make-up posted here, I'm liking Patricia Lejeune's and Beaute Speciale's work the best.

Anyone willing to post price ranges for hair/make-up combo with either of those?

Thanks!
BouncyTrouncyFlouncy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 11:58 AM   #206
lurkyloo

Patricia's prices are on her site: http://www.lejeuneartistry.com/index...es/price-sheet

She does charge a $50 travel fee, but she doesn't charge an early-morning fee. Also, if you have her come out for a trial and for the wedding day, she waives one of the travel fees.
Old 07-07-2014, 01:40 PM   #207
twinkybel81
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
Patricia's prices are on her site: http://www.lejeuneartistry.com/index...es/price-sheet

She does charge a $50 travel fee, but she doesn't charge an early-morning fee. Also, if you have her come out for a trial and for the wedding day, she waives one of the travel fees.
Good to know!

I think I'm going to have to start my PJ soon. We are less than a month from being able to call DFTW and get the ball rolling and we've already done tons of research and I have oodles of inspiration photos saved!
Old 07-09-2014, 10:44 PM   #208
asunnysideup
Mouseketeer

I used Patricia LeJeune for my hair and makeup. She was AMAAAAZING - all my girls looked wonderful. The hair/makeup lasted from Geoff and I's first look at 10:15 am, all the way til our dessert party ending at 9:30 pm!

And all of my bridesmaids, for variety:

Our Wedding/Honeymoon Trip Report:
Our PJ: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3286282

Our Trip Report:
asunnysideup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:01 AM   #209
Alexsandra
Proud mom of two redheads

I did not have a wedding on Disney Property but I got my hair done for an anniversary dinner at V&A last September. I went to the Ivy Trellis Salon in the Grand Floridian.
I wanted an updo which I thought they would have trouble doing because my hair was chin length but the hairdresser did such a wonderful job. I had a few short strands on the bottom but she managed to make it look good. I cannot remember the name of the girl who did my hair but she was very skilled. She had dark black hair and was in her late 30's or early 40's. I would highly recommend her.

Here are the pictures of my hair

Alexsandra is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: