Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 06:00 PM   #1171
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katydoll View Post
I am sitting on the balcony of my 6th floor BLT Lake View room (7617) and although my teenager is giving me hell, I'm in heaven. The sound of the fountain, music from the pool, laughter of children...so very relaxing.
Sounds relaxing . Sorry about your teenager, hope it gets better as the trip goes on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Olivia View Post
We also LOVED the red velvet cupcakes at Contempo café and breakfast at the Wave was one of our favorite meals!
I've never had those cupcakes but they sound awesome.....think I'm gonna have to be sure to get one (or two...or three ) when we stay at the CR in December . I am considering the Wave for breakfast as well as I've read a lot of great reviews.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
My oldest is 11 going on teenager. I told her that if she wants to act up, I will drop her off at her grandparents and go to WDW without her.
That's one way to solve it .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 04-30-2013, 11:28 PM   #1172
wdhinn89
DIS Veteran

Hi Everyone!! We will be returning to the Contemporary this summer

I read there was some construction being done on the 14th floor. We have reservations on the Bay Lake side. Will the lower floors be affected by this?

Thanks
Register to remove

Old 05-01-2013, 12:27 AM   #1173
Pjimmeyer
1000th Happy Haunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdhinn89 View Post

I read there was some construction being done on the 14th floor. We have reservations on the Bay Lake side. Will the lower floors be affected by this?

Thanks
Congrats!!!

As for your question about the construction I haven't been paying enough attention prior to a week ago to be able to answer, but I'm sure someone else can help you with that.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:20 AM   #1174
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

I'm with you on those yummy CC cupcakes

I also got to finally try the Butterfinger cupcake from Starring Rolls this trip, and that I REALLY liked, but I still think I would give those bad boys an edge. I'm surprised the Contempo cafe cupcakes aren't more praised.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 05-01-2013, 11:14 AM   #1175
Wendy31
DIS Veteran

I just had to chime in w/ the Contemporary Cupcake love!!

(DH) (me) (DD, 14years) (DS, 13 years) (DS, 4 years)

Last edited by Wendy31; 05-02-2013 at 10:34 AM.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:09 PM   #1176
RobDugan
Earning My Ears

Stayed at Bay Lake in October. Amazing view of the Magic Kingdom fireworks.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:31 PM   #1177
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by katydoll View Post
I am sitting on the balcony of my 6th floor BLT Lake View room (7617) and although my teenager is giving me hell, I'm in heaven. The sound of the fountain, music from the pool, laughter of children...so very relaxing.
We were in a villa somewhat close to where you are and I thought the balcony was very noisy. Maybe they aren't doing as much pool stuff now as they did in October.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:12 PM   #1178
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:

Thanks
Welcome! The 14th floor (Tower Club level, but really the 13th floor) and CA Grill (15th floor) are being renovated through the summer.

You've asked a great question which I can't answer and now you have me wondering about the noise, too. We will be staying on the 12th floor (Atrium Club) in July. I don't think anyone on this thread has recently stayed on the 12th floor since we've been hinting for some photos of the newly rehabbed lounge and haven't seen any. If there isn't any noise from above being heard on the 12th floor, then you wouldn't hear any on the lower floors. Hopefully someone will reply to your question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy31 View Post
I just had to chime in w/ the Contemporary Cupcake love!!

It's even better closer up - thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobDugan View Post
Stayed at Bay Lake in October. Amazing view of the Magic Kingdom fireworks.
Welcome to the DIS and the CR/BLT thread! Do you have plans to return?
Old 05-01-2013, 07:39 PM   #1179
OHIOVACATIONER
Mouseketeer

May Movies and Activities

Someone posted a while back a picture of the April movie schedule that I believe the contempory had posted. Any May people checking in today? Just wondered if you could post the May Movies. We will be there Sunday.
Thank You
Old 05-01-2013, 07:50 PM   #1180
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIOVACATIONER View Post
Someone posted a while back a picture of the April movie schedule that I believe the contempory had posted. Any May people checking in today? Just wondered if you could post the May Movies. We will be there Sunday.
Thank You
I have a link in Post #1 under RESORT NEWS to the current BLT/CR activity calendar and movie schedule.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:17 PM   #1181
marybogue
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIOVACATIONER View Post
Thank You
Oooh, yes! Thank you for asking this question. Hopefully someone can post the info. We leave in 10 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

80's & 90's - Poly and Grand Floridian
October 2002 - Bay Hill
May 2013 - The Contemporary
January 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge and Old Key West
Old 05-01-2013, 08:49 PM   #1182
marybogue
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if you can purchase autograph books at the CR? We are driving in next Sunday, and probably won't arrive at the CR until 3pm, and we have an ADR at 1900 Park Fare at 6:05. I am thinking my kiddos will want some autographs at that dinner. THANKS!

80's & 90's - Poly and Grand Floridian
October 2002 - Bay Hill
May 2013 - The Contemporary
January 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge and Old Key West
Old 05-01-2013, 09:24 PM   #1183
jlcd
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks
We got back a little over a week ago. Had Bay Lake view on the 10th floor. No noise or disruption from the construction at all. Have a great trip!!
Old 05-01-2013, 09:54 PM   #1184
wdhinn89
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcd View Post
We got back a little over a week ago. Had Bay Lake view on the 10th floor. No noise or disruption from the construction at all. Have a great trip!!
Thank you everyone for the replies!!!
Old 05-02-2013, 04:32 AM   #1185
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by marybogue View Post
Oooh, yes! Thank you for asking this question. Hopefully someone can post the info. We leave in 10 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
See the post above yours. The link to the calendar and activity sheet is always posted in Post #1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marybogue View Post
Does anyone know if you can purchase autograph books at the CR? We are driving in next Sunday, and probably won't arrive at the CR until 3pm, and we have an ADR at 1900 Park Fare at 6:05. I am thinking my kiddos will want some autographs at that dinner. THANKS!
All of the resort shops sell them and there are three possible locations at CR: Bay View Gifts (BVG), Fantasia and possibly even Fantasia Market. They are usually prominently displayed by the cash registers. You should have no problem getting them at one or more of those shops. If you are eating at the GF, you can also get them there at Sandy Cove near the cash register. Have a great vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcd View Post
That is such a relief to read - thank you. I hadn't even thought about it being an issue until wdhinn89 asked about it. The demo work of CG is over now and the reconstruction is on-going so that must be less noisy. So you also didn't hear any roof rehab noise or noise from the Tower Club level during the day?

Would still love to hear from anyone who has stayed on the 12th floor recently - we need post-rehab lounge photos, too
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: