Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 10:31 AM   #3226
chasshan
calgirl6

Hi, I've been searching the forums for an answer to this question, without results, and hope someone on this thread can help.

On our reservation it states that the 2bd villa sleeps 9 but we have to supply the bedding.
So my question is, what kind of bed do they "bring in", if that's the case, and what size bedding do I need to bring?
Do I just bring sheets? Will they supply an extra pillow and blanket?

Thank you!
Shanna
Old 05-01-2013, 10:44 AM   #3227
chasshan
calgirl6

I forgot to say, we leave in less than 24 hrs for WDW!

For this special trip it's just me, DS 24(his first trip ever!), and DD 16.
This will be only our 3rd trip for DD and I.

We will be staying in a studio this time, but come December we will be occupying 2-2bd.
I want to bring the above mentioned bedding tomorrow( I can't believe we leave tomorrow!), to put in our Owner's Locker.
Packing and planning for the Dec trip is going to be challenging so I'm trying to plan ahead a little to make things a bit easier.

Thanks, Shanna
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-01-2013, 10:48 AM   #3228
abk96
Remember the true heroes, our police, firefighters, and the brave men and women in the military. Thank you for keeping us safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasshan View Post
Hi, I've been searching the forums for an answer to this question, without results, and hope someone on this thread can help.

On our reservation it states that the 2bd villa sleeps 9 but we have to supply the bedding.
So my question is, what kind of bed do they "bring in", if that's the case, and what size bedding do I need to bring?

Thank you!
Shanna
Hi, you'll have to provide an air mattress for the 9th guest since BWV only has enough bedding for 8 in a 2 bedroom.

Have a great trip.
July'09 BWV--June'12 BC-CL--July/Aug'13 BWI-CL--July/Aug'14 GF-SL and BWI--Feb'15 Sports

Old 05-01-2013, 10:49 AM   #3229
madelyn
DIS Veteran

Not sure about the extra pillow and blanket but the resort are not supposed to provide any linens or a rollaway. You can bring any size sheets you want to use since you aren't using them on a rollaway, blow up mattress, etc provided by the resort. We were in a BWV 2 bedroom villa last summer. There were only 7 of us but my sister (DVC owner) slept in the master bedroom, my adult brother had the sofa sleeper alone and my family of 5 (3 kids) slept in the second bedroom. We had a folding camping cot for my teenage son that we set up. We drove to Florida so it wasn't difficult for us to provide but I have read of others bringing blow up mattresses in luggage that they brought on a plane. In past trips when my kids were smaller we have had them sleep in pop up type play tents and we padded the bottom of the tent. We have also used the sofa sleeper cushions to make a "bed" on the floor.

Quote:

Thank you!
Shanna
Old 05-01-2013, 11:03 AM   #3230
chasshan
calgirl6

Ok, so when they say bedding they mean a bed AND linens? My idea of "bedding", is linens.

That's good to know. I think I'll just wait until our Dec trip to deal with that issue, depending on our total count.

Thanks so much for your quick replies!
Shanna
Old 05-01-2013, 11:16 AM   #3231
madelyn
DIS Veteran

Yeah, I see exactly what you are saying. It would be so much clearer if they stated that no bed and no bedding would be provided for the 9th person.That should include towels for the 9th person too. That was not an issue for us since we had only 7 guests in the villa but needed an extra sleeping space. The resort should have pool and workout towels or you can pack an extra if needed. Or you can request an extra set of clean towels (for a fee). They did not even allow a 9th person in the villas but once BLT and AKLV and now OKW allowed 9 in the 2 bedrooms, they now allow 9 in all 2 bedroom villas (if booked through DVC) but don't provide bed/bedding in those that do not have the sleeper chair.

Quote:
Ok, so when they say bedding they mean a bed AND linens? My idea of "bedding", is linens.

That's good to know. I think I'll just wait until our Dec trip to deal with that issue, depending on our total count.

Thanks so much for your quick replies!
Shanna
Old 05-01-2013, 11:55 AM   #3232
chasshan
calgirl6

Yes, they could make that much clearer.

We are brand new BWV owners and I just assumed the 9th bed would be a sleeper chair, day-bed, or Murphy pull-down bed.
Or at the very least, a roll-away.
Well we still have young children so bringing a twin or child's Ez bed won't be a big deal.
Thanks, Shanna
Old 05-01-2013, 01:03 PM   #3233
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p

The latest issue of All Ears had a blog entry on the new Boardwalk Bakery. It really looks to be greatly improved. Can't wait to see it in person in two weeks.
Old 05-01-2013, 01:27 PM   #3234
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Yes, they could make that much clearer.

We are brand new BWV owners and I just assumed the 9th bed would be a sleeper chair, day-bed, or Murphy pull-down bed.
Or at the very least, a roll-away.
Well we still have young children so bringing a twin or child's Ez bed won't be a big deal.
Thanks, Shanna
Officially, the two bedroom villa just sleeps eight plus one under the age of three. But, DVC, for some reason, decided to allow a ninth person to occupy the room, but they do not provide anything for that ninth person. No bed, no bedding, no towels, nothing. So, if you choose to squeeze in an extra person who is not using the pack and play, you have to provide for the ninth person. When AKV and BLT was built, DVC added the twin sized sleeper chair. When OKW was renovated, they included the sleeper chair in that villa. But BCV, BWV, VWL and SSR are too small to include the sleeper chair in the living room.

I wish they would have just left the one bedroom villa at four persons and the two bedroom at eight.

If you book for cash through Disney Reservation Center, you cannot put nine people aged three and older in a two bedroom villa. Only with DVC.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 05-01-2013, 01:43 PM   #3235
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gometros View Post
The latest issue of All Ears had a blog entry on the new Boardwalk Bakery. It really looks to be greatly improved. Can't wait to see it in person in two weeks.
Aren't Jack Spence's blogs just terrific? For anyone who missed it, I posted links to information/photos of the new BW Bakery here:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=3185

gometros: Hope you'll let us know what you think of it in a couple of weeks. Someone has to have that lobster roll
Old 05-01-2013, 01:45 PM   #3236
LSchrow
We're eating brussel sprouts & asparagus on the budget board
(pulling up a chair) I like drunk & happy better...

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeymo78 View Post
I'll be at BWV next thurs!!
see ya there - DD & i are arriving 5/7
just 6 more sleeps (5 sleeps if you consider i'm working 8AM to 10PM on monday, so will probably just go home to shower, change, and finish packing before our 6AM flight ).

i'm really looking forward to relaxing
Old 05-01-2013, 02:20 PM   #3237
gometros

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK
Aren't Jack Spence's blogs just terrific? For anyone who missed it, I posted links to information/photos of the new BW Bakery here:

gometros: Hope you'll let us know what you think of it in a couple of weeks. Someone has to have that lobster roll
I promise to take lots of pictures and I'll try to check out the lobster roll or at least last take a picture of it!

I still owe a picture I promised of the Boardwalk when it was being built. Of course since it was in the days before digital, I have to find it first :-P
Old 05-01-2013, 05:28 PM   #3238
PennyW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

I may try the lobster roll! We'll be arriving on May 20th. This will be our first time staying in BWV. We've stayed at BWI a couple of times and absolutely love it.

May 2015 - BLT / May 2013 - BWV / May 2012 - BWI / Aug 2011 - BWI / Dec 2010 - AKL / Dec 2009 - VWL / Dec 2008 - POFQ / May 2008 - BCV / May 2006 - BWI / Dec 2005 - AKL
Old 05-01-2013, 05:39 PM   #3239
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gometros View Post
I promise to take lots of pictures and I'll try to check out the lobster roll or at least last take a picture of it!

I still owe a picture I promised of the Boardwalk when it was being built. Of course since it was in the days before digital, I have to find it first :-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyW View Post
I may try the lobster roll! We'll be arriving on May 20th. This will be our first time staying in BWV. We've stayed at BWI a couple of times and absolutely love it.
Sandy and Penny, we are counting on you both for post-rehab BWB reviews. Go forth and conquer a lobster roll - do it for your thread
Old 05-01-2013, 05:48 PM   #3240
gometros

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK

Sandy and Penny, we are counting on you both for post-rehab BWB reviews. Go forth and conquer a lobster roll - do it for your thread
I really wish the DIS app showed the emoticons. I doubt the tag looks like it sounds ;-)

Talking about this and now tasked with this responsibility, I'm getting really excited for this trip. Two weeks can't go by fast enough. What's really great is the weekend before, we go down to D. C. for my youngest graduation from grad school, then come home and have one day to pack.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: