Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 11:24 AM   #3361
CJK
BL II -Purple Team
Member of the RP Bad Girls Club
Mesmerized by Clay!
That feeling of accomplishment becomes addictive

May outdoor movie schedule? I can only find the April schedule. Thanks!
Old 05-01-2013, 01:25 PM   #3362
ChandraM
Earning My Ears

First bus from WL to AK in the morning?

My family is taking our first trip to WDW very very soon and I have a question for all of you Wilderness Lodge veterans.

We have a pre-rope drop ADR at Tusker House (8:35 AM) on our first full day at WDW. From what I understand, the buses start running 1 hour before parks open. If we get on the first bus from WL to AK that morning will we get there in time for our ADR?

Thanks in advance!
Register to remove

Old 05-01-2013, 01:32 PM   #3363
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChandraM View Post
My family is taking our first trip to WDW very very soon and I have a question for all of you Wilderness Lodge veterans.

We have a pre-rope drop ADR at Tusker House (8:35 AM) on our first full day at WDW. From what I understand, the buses start running 1 hour before parks open. If we get on the first bus from WL to AK that morning will we get there in time for our ADR?

Thanks in advance!
to the DIS and the WL/VWL thread. Since I got confused about early ADR buses recently, I looked it up. ADR buses actually run so that guests can make the earliest ADR. This should help explain how the early ADR buses work:

Buses for the Magic Kingdom and Magic Kingdom Resort Area will start running at 6:30am DAILY.

Buses for Animal Kingdom/Animal Kingdom Lodge will start running at 7:00-7:15am DAILY.

Buses for the Disney's Hollywood Studios (covering the Epcot Resort Area) will start running at 7:00-7:15am DAILY.

Buses for Epcot (Princess Breakfast at Norway) will start running at 7:00-7:15am DAILY.

This information is valid EVERY DAY, and for ALL DISNEY RESORTS serviced by Bus transportation.

These buses are for Breakfasts only, and should not be used for general park access. Always let the driver know where you are going upon boarding the bus. Most times, the driver will be able to take you directly (ie: Contemporary, for Chef Mickey's) but sometimes this is not possible. As such, you should always allow time for a connection when going Resort to Resort. Actual arrival times will vary by location.

From AllEars
Old 05-01-2013, 01:49 PM   #3364
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figment104 View Post
Does anyone know if they've switched the coffee in Roaring Forks over to the new provider yet? I just read on another thread that that the transitions were supposed to begin mid April? I love my morning cup of coffee, but am not a fan of the Nescafe at all.

Thanks!
Bumping in case someone knows for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
Good point! Kook..... When does the extra fee kick in for a deluxe room? After 2 still???
Yes - $25 per adult after the second one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diskids2 View Post
Another temptress! Happy 25th BTW! That will be me next year.
Happy (early) anniversary!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckelvey72 View Post
I didn't read thru all 224 pages of this thread but sure I will by the time we leave on 11/29!!! We stayed at WL April 2012 and absolutely loved it. When I asked the kids if they wanted to try a different resort they quickly said NO!!! Fine by me HAHA!!!

So quick question....can you get club level with a standard room with bunk beds? Trying to figure this out!

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
Bunk beds in club level rooms is by request only. They are not guaranteed. You can ask for them and hope that they are available for your stay.
Yes, just make sure to include your request in your reservation and then ask the IPO to confirm that it's in there so the Room Assignor will see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofynut41 View Post
Just got my MVMCP tickets!!! Makes things seem closer some how..

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaBelle View Post
Hey Ya'll!
We are currently booked at BLT in September, but I am seriously thinking about switching to WL in order to take advantage of FD.
My question for you WL experts is this: we will need two rooms, prefer connecting. Can you get one room with bunks and one with queen beds? Or in order to be connecting, do they need to be "mirrored" room types?
I know they cannot guarantee connecting rooms.
TIA!!
Welcome! We did a BLT-WL/CL split last August and loved it - food for thought. I believe that the bunk rooms aren't mirrored so you could get a bunk next to two queens. Hopefully, someone can confirm this

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanyell View Post
I'll tell you I love WL, but I did go to CSR-Business Class for a meeting in March. I was very impressed. They really did a great job. They did not have the warm apps like Club Level, but we did Breakfast there every day. We also had the sangria in the evening. It was so good I want to go back sometime soon.
Your VWL stay is coming up soon! Will you be posting a TR of sorts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJK View Post
The link I have in Post #1 is as up to date as The Mouse for Less posts them to their site. They never post though prior to the month and sometimes they're a bit late so just keep checking the link everyday for May.

ETA: Just checked and the MAY CALENDAR is up! Just click on the link in Post 1.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:28 PM   #3365
ChandraM
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
to the DIS and the WL/VWL thread. Since I got confused about early ADR buses recently, I looked it up. ADR buses actually run so that guests can make the earliest ADR. This should help explain how the early ADR buses work:

Buses for the Magic Kingdom and Magic Kingdom Resort Area will start running at 6:30am DAILY.

Buses for Animal Kingdom/Animal Kingdom Lodge will start running at 7:00-7:15am DAILY.

Buses for the Disney's Hollywood Studios (covering the Epcot Resort Area) will start running at 7:00-7:15am DAILY.

Buses for Epcot (Princess Breakfast at Norway) will start running at 7:00-7:15am DAILY.

This information is valid EVERY DAY, and for ALL DISNEY RESORTS serviced by Bus transportation.

These buses are for Breakfasts only, and should not be used for general park access. Always let the driver know where you are going upon boarding the bus. Most times, the driver will be able to take you directly (ie: Contemporary, for Chef Mickey's) but sometimes this is not possible. As such, you should always allow time for a connection when going Resort to Resort. Actual arrival times will vary by location.

From AllEars
Thank you so much! Since these buses are for early ADRs only, will I need to show proof of my ADR (like a confirmation number) in order to get on the bus? Will the buses for each location run about every 20 minutes or will we need to be ready for the early ADR bus at 7:00/7:15?
Old 05-01-2013, 02:28 PM   #3366
CJK
BL II -Purple Team
Mesmerized by Clay!

Quote:
Bumping in case someone knows for you.

Yes - $25 per adult after the second one.

Happy (early) anniversary!

Yes, just make sure to include your request in your reservation and then ask the IPO to confirm that it's in there so the Room Assignor will see it.

Welcome! We did a BLT-WL/CL split last August and loved it - food for thought. I believe that the bunk rooms aren't mirrored so you could get a bunk next to two queens. Hopefully, someone can confirm this

Your VWL stay is coming up soon! Will you be posting a TR of sorts?

The link I have in Post #1 is as up to date as The Mouse for Less posts them to their site. They never post though prior to the month and sometimes they're a bit late so just keep checking the link everyday for May.

ETA: Just checked and the MAY CALENDAR is up! Just click on the link in Post 1.
Thank you!
Old 05-01-2013, 02:41 PM   #3367
MindyMouse76
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I found it here! http://www.themouseforless.com/tripp...WLCalendar.pdf

Hope this helps.
Old 05-01-2013, 03:08 PM   #3368
CJK
BL II -Purple Team
Mesmerized by Clay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindyMouse76 View Post
Thank you!
Old 05-01-2013, 03:11 PM   #3369
GaBelle
DIS Veteran

Oooo, split stay! I need to mull that one over a bit...
Thanks Kook!
Old 05-01-2013, 03:18 PM   #3370
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Quote:

From AllEars
Awesome info to have, thanks!

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
Old 05-02-2013, 04:36 AM   #3371
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
Awesome info to have, thanks!
You're welcome. It helped me, too since we never do early ADRs. I think it would be fun taking your own private early ADR bus! I need to put this up on the first page of all my threads

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 05-02-2013 at 04:41 AM.
Old 05-02-2013, 04:40 AM   #3372
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChandraM View Post
Thank you so much! Since these buses are for early ADRs only, will I need to show proof of my ADR (like a confirmation number) in order to get on the bus? Will the buses for each location run about every 20 minutes or will we need to be ready for the early ADR bus at 7:00/7:15?
I don't think the bus driver will want it. But, you'll need to give your name to get into the park pre-opening. The CMs have an ADR list that they'll match it against, so it's best to always have your confirmation numbers with you, like in your phone or a down-sized paper list.

Quote:
Thank you!
You're welcome!
Old 05-02-2013, 06:18 AM   #3373
MomofDisneyLoversx3
DIS Veteran

Hmmm well if I'm paying an extra $50/night for my parents in a deluxe room (which is silly and money grubbing to me, shame on you Disney) I may just get two rooms. Which means we will stay at WL. Or maybe go back to AKL as it will be the last trip we fit in a CL room there. This is so confusing !!!

Old 05-02-2013, 07:45 AM   #3374
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomofDisneyLoversx3
Hmmm well if I'm paying an extra $50/night for my parents in a deluxe room (which is silly and money grubbing to me, shame on you Disney) I may just get two rooms. Which means we will stay at WL. Or maybe go back to AKL as it will be the last trip we fit in a CL room there. This is so confusing !!!
Gotta say I haven't found a resort or hotel that DIDN'T charge extra for a 3rd and 4th adult.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:58 AM   #3375
MomofDisneyLoversx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post

Gotta say I haven't found a resort or hotel that DIDN'T charge extra for a 3rd and 4th adult.
For a standard room I agree. But for a 2 room suite with 3 queen beds? That irritates me for some reason.

ETA: especially as Disney will make more money off of 1 deluxe, even w/3-4 adults than 2 standard rooms. Oh well. Now I have more decisions to make.

Last edited by MomofDisneyLoversx3; 05-02-2013 at 08:21 AM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: