Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2013, 04:57 AM   #16
kellydizfan
DIS Veteran

There is a girl from our hometown that was just accepted and she just applied the first time and made it in. She has already graduated.
OKW 8/11-8/16/13, CSR 12/8-12/13/13, POP 8/24/11-8/31/11, Nick Hotel 8/4/09-8/6/09, POR 7/28/09-8/4/09-DS B-day, Eastern DCL 4/08, Europe 3/08, Hawaii Cruise 07, OKW 3/07, AKL 8/06, Europe 4/06, BCV & SSR 10/04, BCV 2/03 & DVC Cruise, POR 5/02, CBR 5/96, CBR 5/91, DL 8/87, Offsite 83 & 75
kellydizfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:49 AM   #17
ArielinWonderland
Mouseketeer

I think it's actually to your advantage to do the program after graduation.

My first program was last spring, during my junior year. I really wanted to stay. I even looked into applying to transfer to SoCal schools so I could do my senior year while working at Disneyland. But it was really hard -- by the time I realized I for sure wanted to stay, applications were long overdue, and schools weren't accepting spring transfers, so I would have had to wait over a year to go back to school. So I ended up coming home

I graduate in a few weeks, and this fall, I'm doing the program again. I have no definite plans for the semester after my CP, so I am free to apply for an extension for for a PI!

ArielinWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-01-2013, 11:16 AM   #18
touchthesky
Mouseketeer

I'm graduating this month and I got accepted for a Fall CP. I was pending for what felt like forever (about 2 months) but it's looking like that had to do more with my interview than my class standing, judging by everyone else's responses.

And I would definitely apply for both the CP and the PIs, especially if you've never done a CP before. I applied for 3 PIs, all of which were in my major, and got denied from all three without even getting a screening interview. Granted, I had never done a CP or had any experience in my field, but I'm a 4.0 graduating senior and I had a good portfolio set up. But, they definitely value experience and they're extremely competitive. So unless you have a lot of experience in your field, definitely apply for both.

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind
touchthesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 04:02 PM   #19
hythelia
Earning My Ears

I graduate next May and I'm planning to do the Fall 2014 CP if I'm not able to secure an internship. Then afterwards I'd really like to apply for a Disney PI! I applied for three of them this past application period and made it to the final stages for two, but my scholarship won't allow me to take a semester off, even if it's for an internship with credit. : I got accepted to the CP my freshman year but wasn't able to do it for the same reason. Ugh! But that won't be an issue once I graduate, thank goodness.

So that's the plan for now! Working for Disney is my dream, especially the DFTW program, so really, I'd rather do the CP and a PI than try to get an internship with another company.

Good luck to everyone applying!

nina. 21. fashion business student.
dreaming of fairytale weddings and making wishes come true!
july 8, 2013: disneyland
may 22, 2014: disney dream cruise
hythelia is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: