Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2013, 10:27 AM   #1
WisheswithTink
Earning My Ears

WLV or Bonnett Creek help!

So I am a Disney spoiled girl I grew up going every year thanks to my parents n then later my husband, I have never stayed off property or even in a non disney hotel. I saw a great deal to stay at Bonnett creek n was wondering if I should try it. I have asked about bonnet in earlier posts n got very good feedback from all, thank u so much. But I have never tried WLV .... What do u think guys, where would u pick?
WisheswithTink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:48 AM   #2
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Given that choice, VWL would definitely be our choice, but we haven't stayed off site either. We just enjoy the Disney immersion so much, and WL's location on Bay Lake is just perfect for us. For us it comes down to knowing that staying onsite will be Disney perfect, especially at our favorite resort.

Good luck with your choice, I'm sure it will be a great trip either way.
GrandCalifornian is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-01-2013, 11:06 AM   #3
ols386
I want to live at Disney World!!

We've stayed at the Wyndham Bonnet Creek twice and loved it. Two-bedroom condo for much less than you would spend staying in a Disney villa.

The resorts at Bonnet Creek are located just as close to all the Disney parks as the Disney resorts.

You don't get the Disney transportation, but the Wyndham does have their own bus transportation back and forth to the parks.
CBR October 2010, Polynesian December 2009, Wilderness Lodge September 2009, POFQ March 2009, DCL (Wonder) May 2008, Port Orleans Riverside January 2008, Contemporary Resort January 2007, Coronado Springs Resort January 2006, DCL (Wonder) February 2005, POP April 2004, Grand Floridian November 2003, Caribbean Beach Resort March 2002, DCL (Magic) March 2001, Various Visits During Past 15 Years
ols386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:50 PM   #4
tmbacon
Mouseketeer

Personally I would choose VWL, hands-down. It just comes down to how much you want to be immersed in Disney, and of course, the cost difference.

I've heard great things about Bonnett Creek, but if you are accustomed to "all things Disney" having always stayed on-site, it would be a very different experience for you. As long as you go in with the right attitude though, I'm sure you'll have a blast.
Disney resorts: Animal Kingdom, Grand Floridian, All-Star Music, All-Star Sports, Port Orleans French Quarter (twice), Pop Century, Coronado Springs, Villas @ Wilderness Lodge, and a few off-site hotels too.
Did our FIRST Disney Cruise Spring Break 2010.

tmbacon is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: