Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 10:25 AM   #3016
planplan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by emlibs1mom View Post
My family of 5 leaves for POR in 30 days. I've seen some say they've requested 2nd floor rooms. I know we'll be in Alligator Bayou and was wondering what you request and why. Thanks!
I requested 1st floor bldg 16 and paid for the garden view upgrade. Room 1613 is what we got and could not be happier. Short walk to food court and pools,the next bldgs over were the preferred. As I said in past posts..I really recommend the garden view upgrade. The standard rooms are more facing outside towards the parking lots. For the few $ more it was nice to open the door in the morning and see the beautiful resort grounds that we paid for. Overall bldg 16 was great with a quiet pool right next to it also if needed. Had no issues with noise coming from our 2nd floor neighbors.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:45 AM   #3017
ohnowewontgo
Disney here We Come

Whoop! Whoop! 80 days to go!!!!!!!!

Just had to share.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-01-2013, 10:57 AM   #3018
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnowewontgo View Post
Whoop! Whoop! 80 days to go!!!!!!!!

Just had to share.
Too cute!

We are 5 weeks from today
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Old 05-01-2013, 11:03 AM   #3019
Cobern
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella View Post

Too cute!

We are 5 weeks from today
Whoop whoop just under 2 weeks here !!!
May 2014 - Coronado Springs
May 2014 - Villas at Wilderness Lodge Studio
Old 05-01-2013, 12:44 PM   #3020
emlibs1mom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by planplan View Post
I requested 1st floor bldg 16 and paid for the garden view upgrade. Room 1613 is what we got and could not be happier. Short walk to food court and pools,the next bldgs over were the preferred. As I said in past posts..I really recommend the garden view upgrade. The standard rooms are more facing outside towards the parking lots. For the few $ more it was nice to open the door in the morning and see the beautiful resort grounds that we paid for. Overall bldg 16 was great with a quiet pool right next to it also if needed. Had no issues with noise coming from our 2nd floor neighbors.
We have the garden view upgrade with our package. I was thinking bldg 16 or 17. We'll be there 10 nights and expect to do laundry as well.
Old 05-01-2013, 01:32 PM   #3021
LovingDisny
I'm not going to lie. I like to lurk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkywayGuy View Post
Get on YouTube and search for Disney's Port Orleans Riverside. That will fill some of the time!
Thanks for the tip!
2004- CBR with hubby & oldest son
2010- POR with hubby & both boys
2013- POR with hubby & both boys AGAIN!
2015- Me, hubby & both boys - we are thinking Coronado Springs -
Old 05-01-2013, 02:11 PM   #3022
LovingDisny
I'm not going to lie. I like to lurk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emlibs1mom View Post
My family of 5 leaves for POR in 30 days. I've seen some say they've requested 2nd floor rooms. I know we'll be in Alligator Bayou and was wondering what you request and why. Thanks!

We paid for preferred location, but I am going to fax in a request for bldg 14, 15 or 18 - ground floor.

Requesting ground floor because I know how tired we will be when we get back from the parks and would prefer not to deal with the stairs. Those bldgs because I want to be as close to the bus stop, food court & main pool as possible. I will be fine if the resort cannot met the requests, which is why I paid for preferred location - that was the most important thing to me. I just figure It can't hurt to ask for what you want most.

Enjoy your trip! we have 39 days to go
2004- CBR with hubby & oldest son
2010- POR with hubby & both boys
2013- POR with hubby & both boys AGAIN!
2015- Me, hubby & both boys - we are thinking Coronado Springs -
Old 05-01-2013, 02:48 PM   #3023
AuroraNJ
Hakuna Matata

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this greatly informative thread! I'll be staying at POR for the first time ever in the end of June this year. It seems to me from everything I've read and looking at the resort map that if we're staying in the royal guest rooms we'd either be in the Oak or Parterre bldgs and would be closest to either the East or South depot bus stops? I was just wondering if anyone knew what the best stop to catch the bus in the morning would be? From what I've read the South depot is the very first pick up for the entire PO resort?
Old 05-01-2013, 03:12 PM   #3024
Chuckers
Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(

I just faxed my room request!!! I arrive in 8 days!!!!

Getting really excited now... and I needed this excitement after the crap week I've been having!
Old 05-01-2013, 04:33 PM   #3025
KatyDot
Earning My Ears

Red face Royal Rooms

We are traveling in November with our son who will be almost 5 when we travel. For anyone who has stayed in one, the Royal rooms look beautiful, but are they too "girly" for a boy?
Old 05-01-2013, 04:40 PM   #3026
mymankeith
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarrahA View Post
DanInMN, free dining will be available for booking May 9th for your dates Sept. Just giving an FYI for booking purposes in case you didn't already know Have fun & happy anniversary!!!
How do you know when free dining will be offered when booking? I want to book the week after Thanksgiving, and of course would love to get the free dining.
Old 05-01-2013, 06:35 PM   #3027
TarrahA
Mouseketeer

Mymankieth, I'm subscribed to a few code watching threads here on DIS. Sorry I can't link since I'm writing thru the phone app, but there is one for every month so look for "November 2013 Code Watch" in the trip planning forums & I'm sure you'll find it easily enough. There are great informants that contribute a lot of info weeks & months in advance b/c they are either travel agents or CM's who get insider info. For example, last week the Sept FD discount info including dates, resorts & plan requirements was given to us by two CM's in the Sept Code Watch. A month ago or earlier possibly, the park operating hours for Sept & Oct were given by a travel agent who has access to the Disney TA website, they get the schedules I think a month before Disney releases them publicly online. I would highly recommend subbing to at least the Nov thread, and maybe Dec too since its close to your dates. Those code watchers will be posting info long before it goes live only caveat is that Oct/Nov codes won't be known until July at the earliest is the estimate right now, so gotta sit tight until then!
Old 05-01-2013, 07:07 PM   #3028
mymankeith
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarrahA View Post
Mymankieth, I'm subscribed to a few code watching threads here on DIS. Sorry I can't link since I'm writing thru the phone app, but there is one for every month so look for "November 2013 Code Watch" in the trip planning forums & I'm sure you'll find it easily enough. There are great informants that contribute a lot of info weeks & months in advance b/c they are either travel agents or CM's who get insider info. For example, last week the Sept FD discount info including dates, resorts & plan requirements was given to us by two CM's in the Sept Code Watch. A month ago or earlier possibly, the park operating hours for Sept & Oct were given by a travel agent who has access to the Disney TA website, they get the schedules I think a month before Disney releases them publicly online. I would highly recommend subbing to at least the Nov thread, and maybe Dec too since its close to your dates. Those code watchers will be posting info long before it goes live only caveat is that Oct/Nov codes won't be known until July at the earliest is the estimate right now, so gotta sit tight until then!
Thank you so much for the info!!!
Old 05-01-2013, 07:15 PM   #3029
Viking Princess
Earning My Ears

Faxed in my room request at 11:00 am this morning. I heard back from David personally less than two hours later, just wanting to confirm what I was looking for in a room, and told me which ones were available. He then asked which one I wanted. I thanked him a bunch for his concern, picked my room, and am very grateful for the pixie dust starting this far out!

5 days to go!

4/1998 Port Orleans Riverside • 5/2011 Offsite • 3/2012 Offsite • 5/2013 Offsite Port Orleans Riverside
Old 05-01-2013, 07:23 PM   #3030
emlibs1mom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking Princess View Post
Faxed in my room request at 11:00 am this morning. I heard back from David personally less than two hours later, just wanting to confirm what I was looking for in a room, and told me which ones were available. He then asked which one I wanted. I thanked him a bunch for his concern, picked my room, and am very grateful for the pixie dust starting this far out!

5 days to go!
Awesome! Looking forward to the day I can request my preferences!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: