Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2013, 11:12 PM   #1
dizprincess27
DIS Veteran

OMG goofed on my ressies but still got BOG

As my title implies practiced disboarder that I am absolutely, positively messed up on my 180 day mark!!! How did that happen you say??? Well here is how . . . originally our trip was to be from 10/28 to 11/2 and we changed it to 10/27 to 11/2 sooooo I had the date of May 1st in my phone from the first date we were going to go waaaahhh!

I had the old Disney website pulled up for my 5:00 a.m. attempt tomorrow morning, called AAA to confirm everything and then oh then I called WDWdine to make sure I could make 180 +10 tomorrow and to my horror the CSR says oh you can make those today

Ultimately, I got everything I wanted date and time wise except . . . I didn't get BOG for 10/28. I was fortunate enough to secure a 4:05 ressie for BOG for 10/30but am not 100% positive I can make that park that day. Do you all know if I should pitch a trade on these boards if possible? I seem to remember a canceled ressie board type of thing!!
Old 05-01-2013, 02:44 AM   #2
disneywalkers
Mouseketeer

I don't know the answer to your question but I'd try hard to make it to BOG. I wasn't able to get it for our September trip and really really wanted it
disneywalkers is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-01-2013, 06:25 AM   #3
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

If you can't get another BOG reservation, I'd try really hard to make that one. It's really difficult to get, we were trying for 7 days before we were lucky and scored a 4:15pm reservation on a completely different day then we wanted. We will keep trying but we really want to see Beast We are there at about the same time as you

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:50 AM   #4
dizprincess27
DIS Veteran

Disney Princess83 what day did you get? I am still trying to see if someone wants to switch with me lol and going to it is going to mean getting hoppers which isn't the biggest deal but I had my itinerary all set so it's back to the drawing board!! I usually get PH but this trip since it's just me and a friend and the timing we didn't think it was necessary but it looks like we'll just have to do it!!
Old 05-01-2013, 08:08 AM   #5
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizprincess27 View Post
Disney Princess83 what day did you get? I am still trying to see if someone wants to switch with me lol and going to it is going to mean getting hoppers which isn't the biggest deal but I had my itinerary all set so it's back to the drawing board!! I usually get PH but this trip since it's just me and a friend and the timing we didn't think it was necessary but it looks like we'll just have to do it!!
For before you arrive Ours is on the 26th, Sorry. Keep trying, I have seen quite a few people posting that they've gotten reservations 70 days and under.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Old 05-01-2013, 09:16 AM   #6
dizprincess27
DIS Veteran

I will keep trying thank you!!
Old 05-01-2013, 09:18 AM   #7
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I will keep trying thank you!!
Good luck!

Old 05-01-2013, 09:39 AM   #8
Reese D
Mouseketeer

We booked our trip less than 4 months out, so BOG was booked when I tried to make ADRs. I checked the site every day or few days and was able to get my choice of three dates and times for BOG. If you keep checking, you may find something that works better for you.
Reese D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:37 AM   #9
dizprincess27
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone I'll keep checking!! I really didn't want to upgrade to PHP just for 1 ressie and there are only 2 days we really would be able to utilize the PHP. Do you think it's worth the upgrade for 2 days plus BOG?
Old 05-01-2013, 11:44 AM   #10
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks everyone I'll keep checking!! I really didn't want to upgrade to PHP just for 1 ressie and there are only 2 days we really would be able to utilize the PHP. Do you think it's worth the upgrade for 2 days plus BOG?
Being worth it is very subjective. For me personally,Beast is my favourite character so I can't imagine visiting WDW and not seeing him. We really wanted to BOG for dinner, mostly for this reason so we would feel it was worth it to add PH to our tickets (We have AP's but if we didn't, we would add them.) You can always wait until you get there and then add park hoppers.

If you don't want to add park hoppers, you could go to BOG for lunch which doesn't need a reservation.

Old 05-01-2013, 11:50 AM   #11
dizprincess27
DIS Veteran

It just makes me so mad that I missed the date in the first place and I always always get PHP just not this time! I guess I have time to think about it and cancel if need be. Maybe by October the newness of BOG will be lessened and we will be able to go get an appy or dessert there at lunchtime and not wait 3 hours and then we can cancel the dinner. I just really wanted to see the restaurant. Hey if I cancel I'm going back in the spring of 2014 with dd so we can do it then!
Old 05-01-2013, 11:55 AM   #12
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It just makes me so mad that I missed the date in the first place and I always always get PHP just not this time! I guess I have time to think about it and cancel if need be. Maybe by October the newness of BOG will be lessened and we will be able to go get an appy or dessert there at lunchtime and not wait 3 hours and then we can cancel the dinner. I just really wanted to see the restaurant. Hey if I cancel I'm going back in the spring of 2014 with dd so we can do it then!
If you only want to check out the restaurant, go toward the end of lunch service (many reports are saying it's almost walk in by 2pm - 2:30pm) You have plenty of time to decide. We are still going to keep checking for our ideal date too and a better time. 4:15pm is just so early for us for dinner, we usually don't eat until 9pm -10pm at home.

Old 05-01-2013, 12:00 PM   #13
dizprincess27
DIS Veteran

That sounds like a plan because the date we would be going is 48 hours away from the date of the ressie so i could still cancel my cc guarantee without a problem and we could possibly get lucky at that time! Thanks very much. I am going to keep checking too!!
Old 05-01-2013, 12:01 PM   #14
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Good luck! Hope it all works out

Old 05-01-2013, 12:02 PM   #15
dizprincess27
DIS Veteran

Thanks Disney_Princess83!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: