Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2013, 10:30 PM   #316
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie Princess View Post
Disney Quest + rain = mob scene. I would have been beyond PO'ed if I had shelled out $40+ and had to deal with a mob scene in that place.

And I don't know why we didn't even think it might be insanely crowded. We would have been PO'ed, too having to spend that much. I bet a lot of those people in there WERE PO'ed

I really like those Mary Blair phone covers too. I need another Disney phone cover like I need a hole in the head. If I were going to splurge, I would probably have to get that PUSH one they came out with a couple of months ago.

I have been thinking about getting another one. I only have one, so I definitely need to catch up with you, right ?? Oooooo, I haven't seen the PUSH one. Cool.

Look at you WALKING to do your shopping! That is so exciting. I know you've been doing PT for a while, but that's great that you did all that walking around to shop!

I am getting around MUCH better, but I still can't go far or do too much. I still have to ice every day and I need a painkiller to get to sleep as it hurts the most at night when I get off of it and then it swells. I figured I could handle walking up and down Main Street. Now that I think back on it, I scootered over there and parked the scooter outside of the Theater right at the entrance in the stroller parking there. We did ride the monorail back though.

You should make you one of those rice krispie treat things. It could be desert for several days. Plus it would be easy and fun to make.

We have made the smaller ones with our Mickey head cookie cutter. Those huge ones are fun to look at though. I definitely don't need one that big. I seriously wonder how many of those they sell.

Okay, so you wanna hear my new crazy idea??? Of course you do, I'm a weirdo and that's what you love about me...it's in writing.

Truth !!!

Anyway, when I had to cancel my trip for this upcoming weekend, I rebooked for Memorial Day weekend. You know, me and my Star Wars, plus I'd read all the rumors of the 24 hr. thing on Friday that were going around a few weeks ago, and I really wanted to that as well. Well, now I think what we may try to do instead of spending a long weekend at WDW is go to all three US parks that are open 24 hrs! It'll be tiring, but a great adventure! The whole trip to WDW is contingent on what I make in the neighborhood yard sale this weekend (I have some furniture, and other nicer items I'm trying to sell). I don't think I'll be able to get close enough to make the bi-costal 24 hour extravaganza do-able, but I sure am having fun planning it! Maybe DD is right...we should just go to Cali. Or maybe I'll actually get through on a radio contest here to win a 6day/5night trip to WDW. With that portion taken care of, I could go to CA.

I really want to go to Disneyland, too and so does DD. We need to do that someday and stay at the Grand Californian on DVC points. I'll work on DH.

It's a long shot at best, but it's good to have a dream, right? (breaks into song..I have a dream. <she has a dream> I want to see the floating lanterns gleam.)
Ahhhhh ..... I love that song. And yes, it is good to have a dream. Don't you DARE cancel the September trip. I really want to see you !!!
Old 04-30-2013, 10:37 PM   #317
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Love all of your purchases. I may have to get that popsicle thingy for Mark for baseball season.

Cute dresses...may have to take a look at them myself for work.
DD LOVES that popsicle maker !!! LOVES it !! She filled it a little too high with strawberry soda the other day and made a huge mess in the freezer. They tasted awesome though !!

I loved those dresses. I am way too chubs to look good in them though .... sigh !! They looked like they would be super comfy. I still want one.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-01-2013, 08:34 AM   #318
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Nice shopping trip. Looks like you managed to get some nice things without maxing out all the credit cards. I call that a win.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:12 AM   #319
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Nice shopping trip. Looks like you managed to get some nice things without maxing out all the credit cards. I call that a win.
Definetly a win!
Old 05-01-2013, 10:34 AM   #320
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

I love just having a half day at school because I CAN CATCH UP ON TRs!

And btw, thank you (:

That mini golf course is precious! Omg I love it.

I am going to LOVE BLT because it’s gonna be awesome (DUH) but taking the monorail or walking to MK is going to be like the coolest thing EVAH.

What do they really have in the new queue for BTMR?

I just LOVE the plaza. We had SUCH a good experience there in August and I want to go back so bad.

Your pictures of the imaginary crowds are AWESOME. Mum won’t get up early enough so we never make it for morning EMH. That will be different in August. Just sayin’.

Oh my GOD you guys did a lot that morning.

Your pictures of Main St are killing me right now. UGH IT IS SO BEAUTIFUL.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:54 AM   #321
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Fortunately for DH and our checking account, I am not much of a shopper. I just don't like extra stuff cluttering up my already hectic life. So I don't usually buy much extra stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Definetly a win!
LOL. Do I get a prize ?? because I'm not gonna lie, that would be stupendous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsDis View Post
I love just having a half day at school because I CAN CATCH UP ON TRs!

My kids have a half day today, too. They are home with their father while I am peacefully at work. Ah, the silence. Besides the ringing phone, that is.

And btw, thank you (:

You are welcome

That mini golf course is precious! Omg I love it.

It was sooo cute. You need to do it. You get half off if you have an AP

I am going to LOVE BLT because it’s gonna be awesome (DUH) but taking the monorail or walking to MK is going to be like the coolest thing EVAH.

It totally is the coolest thing EVAH. You ... are going to LOVE it !!!

What do they really have in the new queue for BTMR?

I'm not really sure. We either used the handicap line or fast pass, so I didn't experience anything first hand besides that dynamite thingy the kids were playing with and that was in the wheelchair line.

I just LOVE the plaza. We had SUCH a good experience there in August and I want to go back so bad.

Best fries EVER !!!

Your pictures of the imaginary crowds are AWESOME. Mum won’t get up early enough so we never make it for morning EMH. That will be different in August. Just sayin’.

You will need to get her up. For one thing, the crowds might be crazy in the summer and for another, it is cooler in the morning. But since it will be August, expect to be all sweaty 30 seconds after you depart the building.

Oh my GOD you guys did a lot that morning.

That is the beauty of EMH. We got soooo much done.

Your pictures of Main St are killing me right now. UGH IT IS SO BEAUTIFUL.
It is. I miss it !!!
Old 05-01-2013, 06:27 PM   #322
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 5 – Part Five

After our shopping trip we monorailed back to the Contemporary.

I wanted to check out the gift shops there again and DD wanted to play in the game room. So I gave her some money and went to look in the shops which were just a few steps away.

I ended up getting some coffee cups.

And some more pajama pants.

I have these on as I am typing. Sooo comfy. I love them.

DD hit the jackpot in the game room and a won bunch of tickets that she traded in for some a bunch of things.

She was so excited !! She got some candy, too. But it was gone by the time I got my camera out to take photos of our purchases. We had such a nice night just taking our time on Main Street to just shop.

So we settled in and before long, DH and DS came back and said that they loved the movie. DS said that Morgan Freeman was “boss”. Which means awesome. And we all know that about him.

We got packed up because we had to leave in the morning and check into AKL. We were sad about it, too. BLT was awesome !! We watched the EWP from the balcony one last time and went to sleep.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:42 PM   #323
OneTreeHillAddict
CNC Photography of Myrtle Beach, SC

Since you own DVC and really enjoy it I need to ask...which one is your favorite of all? Have ya'll stayed in the treehouse villas yet? I might get those next year and bring my parents with us. They look cool, but not sure how "Disney" they'd feel.

Love your coffee mugs!
Old 05-01-2013, 09:56 PM   #324
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Nice haul by DD at the arcade (and like the coffee mugs you picked up too).

Glad the guys liked the movie.

Sorry you were disappointed about having to leave; but I love AKL and I would have been grinning from ear to ear.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:10 PM   #325
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Susan I am with you about DQ... I'm not a fan! It's just not interesting to me and even the few things we did there were not fun.

That HUGE Mickey crispy treat at the Main St. Confectionary is probably the same one that I saw last August! Yeah, I wonder how many people buy those too. I wouldn't mind one but the tempation to eat one all on my own would be too overwhelming!

Love the convenience of walking to MK from BLT!

We did a similar trip to yours when we were there in Feb/March since we did AKL, YC, and then BLT! I'm looking forward to hearing about your AKL part of the trip.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:32 PM   #326
aksunshine
DIS Veteran

Shopping trip looks super fun! I LOVE your puzzle! May have to get me one!
Old 05-02-2013, 05:35 AM   #327
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

I really love those coffee cups, so so cute.
I'm really excited to see the check in to AKL! I can understand being sorry to leave BLT though, such a great location.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:41 AM   #328
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Really like those coffee mugs.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:27 AM   #329
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Wow... your DD really racked up some prizes playing games. How much money did you give her???

Sounds like a nice, relaxing evening. It's nice that everyone had a good time, even though you went different directions. It is a shame that you have to leave BLT, but AKL isn't exactly a huge downgrade. Just a bigger distance from MK...
Old 05-02-2013, 12:12 PM   #330
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTreeHillAddict View Post
Since you own DVC and really enjoy it I need to ask...which one is your favorite of all? Have ya'll stayed in the treehouse villas yet? I might get those next year and bring my parents with us. They look cool, but not sure how "Disney" they'd feel.

Love your coffee mugs!
My current favorite is Bay Lake Tower. I love all of them, though. We have never stayed in the treehouse villas. MEK has, though and she put a bunch of photos in a TR she did last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Nice haul by DD at the arcade (and like the coffee mugs you picked up too).

Yes. She NEEDED more stuffed animals. Haha

Glad the guys liked the movie.

I am glad that DS is old enough to go see all of the GUY movies with DH, so I don't have to watch them.

Sorry you were disappointed about having to leave; but I love AKL and I would have been grinning from ear to ear.
I love AKL. Don't get me wrong. It was really nice. I just like BLT better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Susan I am with you about DQ... I'm not a fan! It's just not interesting to me and even the few things we did there were not fun.

Yes, I agree. I would rather be outside in the parks than inside a dreary arcade.

That HUGE Mickey crispy treat at the Main St. Confectionary is probably the same one that I saw last August! Yeah, I wonder how many people buy those too. I wouldn't mind one but the tempation to eat one all on my own would be too overwhelming!

Yes, that would be my concern as well. I would keep going back for another piece and then after a while it would be gone and I would be pregnant with a food baby.

Love the convenience of walking to MK from BLT!

It really was awesome. We LOVED being so close by.

We did a similar trip to yours when we were there in Feb/March since we did AKL, YC, and then BLT! I'm looking forward to hearing about your AKL part of the trip.
I am reading along on that one. We didn't get the upgrade you did. Not by a long shot. But it was nice not to have to wait for our room to be ready.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksunshine View Post
Shopping trip looks super fun! I LOVE your puzzle! May have to get me one!
That is a great puzzle !! We are working on the ones we got at DTD on the first day now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
I really love those coffee cups, so so cute.

I thought they were cute, too. They look like they might be meant for a bride and groom, but I don't care. Love them.

I'm really excited to see the check in to AKL! I can understand being sorry to leave BLT though, such a great location.
Check in at AKL coming up !! They are just two drastically different places. We planned our MK days around being at BLT and then AK around when we stayed at AKL. It is nice to be so close to AKL when you are at Animal Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Really like those coffee mugs.
They are really cute and they make me so happy in the morning when I drink my coffee

Quote:
Wow... your DD really racked up some prizes playing games. How much money did you give her???

Just five dollars. She was playing some game where you spin this wheel and you get tickets and she hit the jackot. She was so excited. Talked about it for days. "Wasn't I lucky, momma? Didn't I get some great prizes?" It was cute.

Sounds like a nice, relaxing evening. It's nice that everyone had a good time, even though you went different directions. It is a shame that you have to leave BLT, but AKL isn't exactly a huge downgrade. Just a bigger distance from MK...
Epic fail on the fact that we never went over to MK and just watched the parade or the castle show, though. But since we got going so early in the morning most days, I just wasn't up to fighting the crowds at MK at night.

I agree that AKL isn't a downgrade, and we LOVE AKL. But we just liked BLT better. We had more space at BLT for sure.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: