Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-01-2013, 10:26 AM   #1
tink20
DIS Veteran
 
tink20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sittin' on the dock of the bay!
Posts: 2,945

Is this allowed

If you have 3 WDW adults (one being 11yrs old) all in the same room and there are 2 TS meals where you think the child would prefer the child menu, can we pay OOP for those 2 meals just for the child and use the 2 TS credits at another meal for the 2 adults (again, would have to pay OOP for 11yr old for this meal too) Is this allowed?

I hope I am making sense. I don't want to break any rules, that's why I am asking, no flames please. DS doesn't eat big portions and there are some places I want to go, where I don't see anything on the adult menu, that he would like. TIA
__________________
Me DH DD:20 DS:12
"All you need is a little faith, trust, and pixie dust."
tink20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:29 AM   #2
robinb
DIS Veteran
 
robinb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 31,075

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink20 View Post
If you have 3 WDW adults (one being 11yrs old) all in the same room and there are 2 TS meals where you think the child would prefer the child menu, can we pay OOP for those 2 meals just for the child and use the 2 TS credits at another meal for the 2 adults (again, would have to pay OOP for 11yr old for this meal too) Is this allowed?

I hope I am making sense. I don't want to break any rules, that's why I am asking, no flames please. DS doesn't eat big portions and there are some places I want to go, where I don't see anything on the adult menu, that he would like. TIA
Yup! We did that when my DD was the same age. Her taste was geared more toward the kids meals so we paid OOP for the the kids meals and saved the credits for buffets, signature meals, etc.
__________________
DVC Member since 1997
Walt Disney World 2013 * Disneyland Paris 2012 * Disneyland 2011 * Hong Kong Disneyland 2007 * Tokyo Disneyland 2007
robinb is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-01-2013, 11:30 AM   #3
tink20
DIS Veteran
 
tink20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sittin' on the dock of the bay!
Posts: 2,945

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
Yup! We did that when my DD was the same age. Her taste was geared more toward the kids meals so we paid OOP for the the kids meals and saved the credits for buffets, signature meals, etc.
thanks
__________________
Me DH DD:20 DS:12
"All you need is a little faith, trust, and pixie dust."
tink20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:37 AM   #4
robinb
DIS Veteran
 
robinb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 31,075

I also wanted to add that if he's hungry but he still wants chicken nuggets or pasta you can often order an adult portion from the kids menu for an additional charge.
__________________
DVC Member since 1997
Walt Disney World 2013 * Disneyland Paris 2012 * Disneyland 2011 * Hong Kong Disneyland 2007 * Tokyo Disneyland 2007
robinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:58 PM   #5
Dizneydaz
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Southern California-30 min. from DLand
Posts: 10,943

We did both things for my DD when she turned 10 on our trip. I had her as an adult for DDP but those times when she had a regular sized kids meal I paid OOP. However, one we discovered the "Junior" meals (larger portions of kid's meals) she went with those if she wasn't getting a regular kids meal.

FYI-at Kona's the kid's ravioli was 4-5 pieces and the junior one was more than 12.
__________________
11-839-986-994-00 6-0212-03 9-041-05 DDP 9-05 DDP 1-06 9-06 DDP9-07 DDP 9-08 DDP 9-09 DDP 9-10 QSDP! 10-11 QSDP, 10-12 QSDP AND AoA!1-14 NO DDP! POFQ
**CLICK HERE FOR 2014 CONFIRMED SNACKS LIST!**GOING BACK SEPT. 2014!!!
**
Dizneydaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:20 PM   #6
dutchdisneyfamily
Mouseketeer
 
dutchdisneyfamily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 463

We're planning on doing the same thing on our trip!
__________________
dutchdisneyfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:23 PM   #7
mom2of2
Let the good times strolllllll!
Don't we just get tickeled at the smallest things?
 
mom2of2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: close enough to hear fireworks
Posts: 3,813

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizneydaz
We did both things for my DD when she turned 10 on our trip. I had her as an adult for DDP but those times when she had a regular sized kids meal I paid OOP. However, one we discovered the "Junior" meals (larger portions of kid's meals) she went with those if she wasn't getting a regular kids meal.

FYI-at Kona's the kid's ravioli was 4-5 pieces and the junior one was more than 12.
Kona no longer does Jr meals
__________________
mom2of2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:25 PM   #8
Kristibo42
DIS Veteran
 
Kristibo42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Ithaca, ny
Posts: 789

Yes we have done this several times.
__________________
ME47 DH48 DD19

Next trip July 2016 POP and AOA about 70 people
Dec. 2013 Pop Century to celebrate 25 anniversary Adults only
All Star Sports family trip 25 people Feb 2011
Pop Century September. 2009
Pop Century Adults only 20 year anniversary Dec 2008
Pop Century Big family trip 42 people July 2007
Contemporary and All Star Music Dec. 2006
All Star Music June 2005
Port Orleans- Riverside and Disney Wonder Nov. 2002
6th grade trip To Magic Kingdom had my first kiss on Tom Sawyers Island June 1977
Kristibo42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:39 PM   #9
thornton0511
DIS Veteran
 
thornton0511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: east texas
Posts: 905

glad to see so many positive responses to this question. Our DS will be 12 on our trip in Dec and we were wanting to do the same thing!
__________________
TR in Progress: Summertime and Disneyland...Oo-De-Lally!! Dec 2012 TR: Jingle Bells...AKL...Disney for 10 Whole Days
Jenn(Me) DH DS(12) DD(8)
2011 Wyndham Bonnet Creek 2012 CBR 2013 POP/AKL 2014 Disneyland
thornton0511 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:57 PM   #10
Dizneydaz
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Southern California-30 min. from DLand
Posts: 10,943

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2of2 View Post
Kona no longer does Jr meals
Well that's a bummer. I know it wasn't on the menu but we got it at Kona and 50's PTC a few years back. Now DD13 prefers adult meals.
__________________
11-839-986-994-00 6-0212-03 9-041-05 DDP 9-05 DDP 1-06 9-06 DDP9-07 DDP 9-08 DDP 9-09 DDP 9-10 QSDP! 10-11 QSDP, 10-12 QSDP AND AoA!1-14 NO DDP! POFQ
**CLICK HERE FOR 2014 CONFIRMED SNACKS LIST!**GOING BACK SEPT. 2014!!!
**
Dizneydaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:45 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.