DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2013, 12:38 AM   #211
myxdvz
DVC - BLT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
Try reserving online and see what you get. You were given benefit outside the rules and outside of the normal approach. I wouldn't count on this option going forward nor would the argument that you were allowed to do this previously be reasonable. But DVC is nothing if not inconsistent.
What do you mean? I DID book my reservations online. I wasn't given benefit outside the rules and outside of the normal approach by some nice MS that I happened to talk to. That's what I've been saying all along. Everyone always say "DVC is nothing but inconsistent". "MS doesn't allow this". And what I said was maybe it has always been allowed but before online booking, it's always been dependent on the MS if they're going to even try it or not. Human intervention always causes inconsistencies due to different ways of interpreting rules. Systems do what they've been programmed to do. In this case, either its developer error on implementing a business rule or something that has always been allowed but is not obvious to members.

With online booking, everyone gets direct access to the booking system. If it wasn't allowed, the system shouldn't allow it to be booked or present them as options.

All I am doing is refuting the "common wisdom" that everyone has had even before online booking and presenting a case where it was allowed by the system. Not sure if those who keep on saying it's not allowed has even tried to do it lately with the new online booking system. I booked 3 trips with our family of 6: 1BR BCV, 1 BR BWV and 1 BR BLT. I was surprised myself when it happened. I was glad I tried it instead of just doing what I read from the boards.
Dec 2006 - X DLR / May 2010 - XY WDW, ASMo / March 2011 - XYZ DVC/DCL (AKV, Dream, OKW, Hilton) / Jan 2012 - XYZ DLR, PPH, VGC / June 2013 - WXYZ WDW, BCV/BWV / Oct 2013 - HKDL / Nov 2013 - WXYZ WDW/BLT/WBC, DCL/Magic / Mar 2014 WDW/OKW /
June 2014 HHI

myxdvz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:48 AM   #212
myxdvz
DVC - BLT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetdana View Post
This is exactly the opposite of us. So yup individuals make it different. DH n I lovvvvve our alone time a 1 bedroom gives us, and I'd have a harder time relaxing being in a studio for long periods of time. i like talking to him, sitting on the porch outside with a glass of wine after they sleep ( or coffee b4 they wake). I think the value 2 br at Ak is the value-est option for you, if u can live with the busses ( or rent a car). ( fam of 4 with our new addition.
Yeah, the only alone time we ever get is after all the kids are in bed
Dec 2006 - X DLR / May 2010 - XY WDW, ASMo / March 2011 - XYZ DVC/DCL (AKV, Dream, OKW, Hilton) / Jan 2012 - XYZ DLR, PPH, VGC / June 2013 - WXYZ WDW, BCV/BWV / Oct 2013 - HKDL / Nov 2013 - WXYZ WDW/BLT/WBC, DCL/Magic / Mar 2014 WDW/OKW /
June 2014 HHI

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-30-2013, 07:15 AM   #213
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by myxdvz View Post
What do you mean? I DID book my reservations online. I wasn't given benefit outside the rules and outside of the normal approach by some nice MS that I happened to talk to. That's what I've been saying all along. Everyone always say "DVC is nothing but inconsistent". "MS doesn't allow this". And what I said was maybe it has always been allowed but before online booking, it's always been dependent on the MS if they're going to even try it or not. Human intervention always causes inconsistencies due to different ways of interpreting rules. Systems do what they've been programmed to do. In this case, either its developer error on implementing a business rule or something that has always been allowed but is not obvious to members.

With online booking, everyone gets direct access to the booking system. If it wasn't allowed, the system shouldn't allow it to be booked or present them as options.

All I am doing is refuting the "common wisdom" that everyone has had even before online booking and presenting a case where it was allowed by the system. Not sure if those who keep on saying it's not allowed has even tried to do it lately with the new online booking system. I booked 3 trips with our family of 6: 1BR BCV, 1 BR BWV and 1 BR BLT. I was surprised myself when it happened. I was glad I tried it instead of just doing what I read from the boards.
I tried it before I posted, for BCV it wouldn't allow you to proceed with 6 listed or 5 with plus an infant. Regardless of how you did it, you were allowed to do so beyond the rules and normal application of those rules thus you should not expect that option to continue nor should others expect that same option.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:11 AM   #214
dbs1228
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceymay00 View Post
Same with us. We thought we'd book 1BRs for a few years until our kids got older (they are now 8, 11 and almost 13), but then we booked a 2BR for our first trip and have never looked back. We've been to WDW plenty over the past six years, and would now rather have a shorter stay in a 2BR over a longer stay with less space. It has gotten more difficult scheduling a full week at WDW now, anyway, with school/sports schedules, plus wanting to visit other places besides WDW. We would have been fine in a 1BR for the first few years we visited WDW, but we did not buy DVC until after a few years of Disney trips and by that time were ready for more time relaxing in our villa.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
It took 16 years of trips before buying in (late boomers) We even get a 2 bedroom if it is 4 or more, we have traveled with friends also - 4 in a 2 bedroom. My problem is we stayed in the GV BLT for 6 nights over NYE with all 3 DD's each had a friend/boyfriend and my niece what an awesome trip! I am afraid I keep eying the GV's now Been trying to buy BWV resale and we kept going back in forth between BCV and BWV but the option to book a GV at BWV solidified our decision!

dbs1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:25 PM   #215
myxdvz
DVC - BLT

Quote:
I tried it before I posted, for BCV it wouldn't allow you to proceed with 6 listed or 5 with plus an infant. Regardless of how you did it, you were allowed to do so beyond the rules and normal application of those rules thus you should not expect that option to continue nor should others expect that same option.
I don't know what you're doing. I just tried it again tonight and both BCV and BWV is allowing me to do it. Maybe it's the ages of my kids? I don't really know.

If I select a studio, I get an error message: "The room type selected cannot accommodate your travel party. Please make another selection."

But a 1BR Villa goes thru fine. I really only have 1-2 years left to do it before we HAVE to graduate to a 2BR, so if the system continues to allow me, I will continue to try to do it to save points
June 2014 HHI

Old 05-01-2013, 07:51 AM   #216
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I don't know what you're doing. I just tried it again tonight and both BCV and BWV is allowing me to do it. Maybe it's the ages of my kids? I don't really know.

If I select a studio, I get an error message: "The room type selected cannot accommodate your travel party. Please make another selection."

But a 1BR Villa goes thru fine. I really only have 1-2 years left to do it before we HAVE to graduate to a 2BR, so if the system continues to allow me, I will continue to try to do it to save points
I put in 6 adults and 5 adults 1 infant, my statement stands that for whatever reason your getting an unintended benefit you cannot expect to persist.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:13 AM   #217
myxdvz
DVC - BLT

Quote:
I put in 6 adults and 5 adults 1 infant, my statement stands that for whatever reason your getting an unintended benefit you cannot expect to persist.
Well, my kid won't be under 3 forever, so it definitely won't persist

And I don't put 6 adults or 5 adults + 1 infant. I put 2 adults, 4 kids since that's my situation and the only situation I ever ask/say other folks to try it. I've never said 6 adults or 5 adults + 1 infant to begin with.
June 2014 HHI

Last edited by myxdvz; 05-01-2013 at 09:33 AM.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:29 AM   #218
madelyn
DIS Veteran

I was just curious and tested out some occupancy limits and it looks like as long as a child is an "infant" (under 3) it doesn't count towards occupancy. I didn't try every resort/room type but for those studios or 1 bedrooms I queried for, it didn't care whether the 4 people in a studio were adults or kids or whether the 5 people in the 1 bedroom were adults or kids. It allowed 5 total in a studio/6 total in a 1 bedroom as long as the 5th/6th person was an infant.

Quote:
Well, my kid won't be under 3 forever, so it definitely won't persist

And I don't put 6 adults or 5 adults + 1 infant. I put 2 adults, 4 kids since that's my situation and the only situation I ever ask/say other folks to try it. I've never said 6 adults or 5 adults + 1 infant to begin with.
madelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:18 PM   #219
babesboo99
Veteren Disney Vacationer

I have posted this a few times I believe.

We own at BCV and we are booking this Nov for next Oct .It's me, my DH, and my DD (adult), and our twins age 6 at the time of travel. I guess my question is last time we stayed at BCv we had a studio they were a little younger ,would we have to get a 1 BR this time or can we still get a studio?
babesboo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:19 PM   #220
madelyn
DIS Veteran

You would have to get 2 studios, a 1 bedroom or a 2 bedroom villa. If your twins were under 3 years old they would allow you all to stay in a studio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babesboo99 View Post
We own at BCV and we are booking this Nov for next Oct .It's me, my DH, and my DD (adult), and our twins age 6 at the time of travel. I guess my question is last time we stayed at BCv we had a studio they were a little younger ,would we have to get a 1 BR this time or can we still get a studio?
madelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:27 PM   #221
LisaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I was curious and tried it myself. I tried both "2 adults, 4 kids" (with one listed as an infant) and I tried "5 adults, 1 infant". Both of them worked. I did not get the error message about the room type being too small for the travel party. I could have booked any of the following for 5 adults and 1 infant: BCV, BWV, AKV (every booking category except the Value 1BR), OKW, VWL and SSR.

ETA: I stopped at the point where it showed me the room availability. I did not select a resort and proceed to the next stage of booking. It's possible I would have gotten an error message further along in the process. However, if I put in 5 adults and a child age 3 or older, I got an error message about the room type not being able to accommodate the travel party. I suspect that is the only place the check is being done. I probably could have booked the room for 5 adults and an infant if I had continued with the reservation process.
Old 05-01-2013, 03:55 PM   #222
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaS View Post
I was curious and tried it myself. I tried both "2 adults, 4 kids" (with one listed as an infant) and I tried "5 adults, 1 infant". Both of them worked. I did not get the error message about the room type being too small for the travel party. I could have booked any of the following for 5 adults and 1 infant: BCV, BWV, AKV (every booking category except the Value 1BR), OKW, VWL and SSR.

ETA: I stopped at the point where it showed me the room availability. I did not select a resort and proceed to the next stage of booking. It's possible I would have gotten an error message further along in the process. However, if I put in 5 adults and a child age 3 or older, I got an error message about the room type not being able to accommodate the travel party. I suspect that is the only place the check is being done. I probably could have booked the room for 5 adults and an infant if I had continued with the reservation process.
I was always under the impression that that was the case, but some here said I was incorrect and since it doesn't apply to me, I never looked into it. If we (DVC) are legitimately allowed 5 I truly take that to mean 5+1 infant just like the Disney rooms that permit 4 are really 4+1. I never thought it made sense that they would treat DVC differently (and "worse" if you want to see it that way) than the rest of the resort.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 03:14 PM   #223
StaciMay
I love Disney!

We are looking at buying DVC with BLT as our home resort. We are a family of 5; 2adults, 8yo, and 3 month old twins. Which resorts will allow a family of 5 in a 1 bedroom once my twins are over 3. Thanks!
I fell in love with Disney in 2006 thru the eyes of my son!!! Pop Century Oct '06~ Pop Century Oct '07~ Pop Century Christmas '08~ ASMu Oct '09~ ASMu Nov '10~Disney Dream April '11~Port Orleans FQ Oct '11~ASMo Dec '11~Disney Dream April '12~Port Orleans Riverside Oct '12~ Our twins first trip Oct '13 OKW~VWL Dec '13~ASMu Aug '14~BLT Oct '14
StaciMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 04:15 PM   #224
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaciMay View Post
We are looking at buying DVC with BLT as our home resort. We are a family of 5; 2adults, 8yo, and 3 month old twins. Which resorts will allow a family of 5 in a 1 bedroom once my twins are over 3. Thanks!
According to the current DVC point charts, it is BLT. Both AKV and OKW 1 BR point charts state all sleep 4, most sleep 5. I didn't check the non-WDW DVC resorts.

I think that some of the posts here may reflect what an original ownership contract may have stated, or the way point charts used to read.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 04:31 PM   #225
dansamy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy

According to the current DVC point charts, it is BLT. Both AKV and OKW 1 BR point charts state all sleep 4, most sleep 5. I didn't check the non-WDW DVC resorts.

I think that some of the posts here may reflect what an original ownership contract may have stated, or the way point charts used to read.
If you book a 1br at AKV with 5 guests listed, they'll only put you in a room that has a sleeper chair. The value 1br only sleeps 4. The standard view & Savannah view sleep 5.
dansamy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: